BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 10/3/23

Couldn’t watch it live as I was working but recorded it and watched it in the early hours, we can have no complaints about the result, if anything 3-2 flattered us. We weren’t at it at all last night, and it is my worry that we can’t seem to turn poor around. Some of those that I have been highly praising recently were woeful last night so they will again be on my radar for consistency. But it’s a game I didn’t like the look of it and so it turned out to be, if we get a good performance and win on Wednesday then all is forgiven for this one 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Egg chasing later Asia, something to get the blood flowing if we can hammer the French. 

Thanks. I'll watch that and then tomorrow the cricket ODI.

Now watching Everton v Brentford, it's like a good Championship game but the unpunished fouling at corners, especially by Brentford, is something to behold. Everton had a second goal turned down for an alleged handball that looked like chest. The fouling by Brentford all over the pitch is continuous.

• Like 1

Players had clearly been told to revert to keep ball again last night and without the tiggerish pressing and defending in packs in front of them the defence were nervy.

Coaches have to share the responsibility for that.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Players had clearly been told to revert to keep ball again last night and without the tiggerish pressing and defending in packs in front of them the defence were nervy.

Coaches have to share the responsibility for that.

Exactly my reading of this debacle.

It exposed the likes of Dolan badly to the weaknesses in his game.

When we go into that pass it around at the back, back to the keeper routine I am always wary.

As expected results in the Championship today do us no favours. Maybe Mowbray can tomorrow.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I think this comes from the top, I've said all along the Venksters don't want us to be promoted.

I'm not one for the conspiracy theories, but I'd need this one explaining to me.

In what eventuality would promotion to the place where we'd be given cash in bucketloads not be desirable to the owners?

This is the only possibility of them clawing the money that they'd thrown at Rovers (if we spent a few years there).

As for JDT, he's managing expectations with his comments - if you think that he's not saying the exact opposite to the players, it would be a very, very naive view.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Crozzy said:

Can anyone tell me what Buckleys injury looked like. It was at opposite end. Could see by his hands over his face he was genuinely hurt 

Hope I'm wrong but having watched the replays back he took a hefty whack to the side of his knee whilst clearing the ball which is a classic type of scenario to pick up a medial knee ligament kind of injury. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

but no praise for his goal tho? 

You are Very Jekyl and Hyde poster tbh. 

Your first sentence is similar to me. 

I would say the performance wasn't like Rotherham type. We lack tempo and intensity in our passing and movement like previous 5 games. 

Didn't make enough of that opportunity of their back up keeper playing 

His shoulderer?

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Exactly my reading of this debacle.

It exposed the likes of Dolan badly to the weaknesses in his game.

When we go into that pass it around at the back, back to the keeper routine I am always wary.

As expected results in the Championship today do us no favours. Maybe Mowbray can tomorrow.

I dont know really, personally I think its dangerous to just assume it was our own performance that led to the result. It was that they knew how to stymie us. The focus should not be on just trying harder (although obviously thats important) rather it should be on what to do if the opposition are atheltic and very well organised in the press as Stoke were. Id hate to think that we dont learn the lessons and fail to figure out some alternatives when the situation inevitably happens again.

Think Reading at home we can play that way but the away games coming up I would imagine we will face similar opposition.

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Memo to self: stay well clear of England RU.

It was like Stoke v Rovers; one team pulling their tripe out, the other going through the motions. France were brilliant but England rugby is in disarray - again. Shaun Edwards has had a huge influence on the French defence, like he did for years with Wales. England had talks with Edwards last year but they came to nothing.  A shame. Borthwick is looking a poor appointment so far

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

It was like Stoke v Rovers; one team pulling their tripe out, the other going through the motions. France were brilliant but England rugby is in disarray - again. Shaun Edwards has had a huge influence on the French defence, like he did for years with Wales. England had talks with Edwards last year but they came to nothing.  A shame. Borthwick is looking a poor appointment so far

Clive Woodward is that you 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Clive Woodward is that you 😂

Hi Pep

Hope you enjoyed England "thrashing" France as per your prediction

Please stick your area of expertise, which is

?

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Edwards and  Andy Farrell should have been appointed a year ago.

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks. I'll watch that and then tomorrow the cricket ODI.

Now watching Everton v Brentford, it's like a good Championship game but the unpunished fouling at corners, especially by Brentford, is something to behold. Everton had a second goal turned down for an alleged handball that looked like chest. The fouling by Brentford all over the pitch is continuous.

Can't wait for MotD.

Oh no; I've just remembered!!😉