BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, den said:

Continuing from your quote.. 

•  A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised.

• So, ”takes a risk”. 

• Many times we see the ball hit hard at an arm in an unnatural position but not given as a penalty because he had no chance of getting out of the way. Rightly so IMO.
  • Anyway. I thought Rovers were really, really good today. Sheff U will know that too.

Still not deliberate...

Just now, XLM said:

We've got a side that - odd atrocious game aside - put everything into it. Might be a minimum requirement, but a lot of teams (including our own for most of the last 10+ years) don't. Some players are rather limited (like Gally), but I love watching them put the shift in. That's what made them excellent for me

Gallagher doesn't though.  Not only is he talentless he's also lazy and looks disinterested half the time

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, den said:

Continuing from your quote.. 

•  A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised.

• So, ”takes a risk”. 

• Many times we see the ball hit hard at an arm in an unnatural position but not given as a penalty because he had no chance of getting out of the way. Rightly so IMO.
  • Anyway. I thought Rovers were really, really good today. Sheff U will know that too.

Look in tomorrows paper Den, that’ll tell you if it was a penalty or not.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am gutted and heartbroken after that game. We played very well today and overall we were the better team. Beaten by great strike by Doyle. 

I thought our starting 11 played good and played to a plan. BBD took his pen well and it was deffo a pen by the rules. Szmodics finish was class and Gallagher with another assist and good pass. 

I thought JDT got his subs wrong and change tactics to back 5 very badly wrong today. I can understand why he wanted another centre back on cos of their front 3 they had on top, but I do feel that Wharton and Brittain couldn't get up to speed and tempo of game and that cost us badly. 

I am very proud of the players and JDT for this FA cup run and the way we played in the cup competitions. Its would have been great to reach Wembley for semi finals but now focus on getting a playoff place and reaching that playoff final under JDT. 

JDT is doing a great job here and above most people expectations this season. 

COYB! 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵!

Them having three up front would have opened up spaces elsewhere.

Our substitutions should have been either to exploit that or just to freshen things up 

18 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

No you can’t But he definitely influenced the match by not producing a second yellow for Robinson.

And that was quite early on, wasn't it? He bottled that and from then on he's given them the green light to play like thugs 

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, alcd said:

The usual crap coverage for us by ITV. No manager interview either before after the match. Absolutely no back-stories about Rovers, just a brief pre-match interview with Brereton. At least it helps in keeping this season's achievements under the radar. McCoist was fair but otherwise absolutely rubbish punditry in the studio. 

I quite like McCoist and the lad pundit. The rest are quite useless and get jobs on TV for non football reasons. I just ignore what they say, makes it all a bit more bearable.

The pleb of a Referee upsets me more. Spunkless prick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

I’ve had time to calm down and stop shaking. What a brilliant game and a brilliant advert for championship football. That will be the best quarter final.

To be ahead with less than 10 minutes left, the lose, leaves m close to tears. To reflect on the performance and the recent league form, makes me proud of the team again.

I have not been this excited about a game, since the take over and actually thought I had lost my love for the club.

I hope we can dust ourselves down, make the play offs and get promoted. We are good enough to do that.

A word on the ref, you great bottle job, that was a second yellow for Robinson and that’s what costs us, despite what happened after, 

I thought that as well. What a great game for any football fan. Miles better than yesterdays procession and City’s shooting in practice.

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Gallagher doesn't though.  Not only is he talentless he's also lazy and looks disinterested half the time

Really!? I honestly can't believe that take.

I've given him pelters (albeit not on here) more times than I can count, but not once have I ever seen the need to question his effort.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Middlesbrough to pip Sheffield for the automatic promotion and we play Utd in the playoffs. We get justice by dumping them out. Sadly I’ll miss it as I’ve had a holiday booked for the last two years.

Two years on holiday lucky you! 

• Like 2

Gutted. Trying to stop myself whining about their dodgy book keeping or some of the decisions.  

Played very well today but legs are beginning to tire.  Need to look at how we will manage a potential play off run given our obvious threadbare side.  Watching Phillips and Leonard warm up next to Bogle and sharp for example shows how far off we are.  

Ah well would've been a nice to have, didn't let ourselves down and there's still light at the end of the tunnel.  Thought hedges was solid, Travis great and Thomas a big miss

• Like 2

I’m absolutely gutted, lots to read through here. It was a cracking day out, we put in a performance that wins more times than it loses, but that’s football  

- I thought Travis was superb, he’s up against 3 in the middle and not getting much pressing/aggression from his partner next to him. Best player on the pitch, maybe after Ndiaye for them. 

- Subs were questionable in my opinion, mainly the formation change, it just invited pressure. Then again when we’re down 3-2 why have we chucked Garrett on over Wharton (in terms of creative players). The latter just has to be first choice alongside Travis going forward.

Having said that, JDT has worked wonders at the club, we should be proud of the performance, big deflections and long range winners, when your luck is in, it’s in.

Looking forward to smashing them in the playoffs and embracing their administration and rebirth as Hallam Blades FC next year. Unbelievable you can play players you’ve missed payments for.

The referee performance isn’t even worth wasting time on. We see these dollopers every week, shocking. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Agreed on the subs. If anything we needed another man in midfield. Maybe Garrett or Wharton for Szmodics. The game was so open in the middle with us consistently out numbered it was only time before Trav or Morton made a mistake. 

Its a fair point and one you could have done 

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Another game to blame Gallagher again. Its tiresome to keep reading week in week out. Same old tripe again

Don't mention the good through ball Gallagher did for Szmodics goal. Of his backheel for Hedges goal on Wednesday

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Them having three up front would have opened up spaces elsewhere.

Our substitutions should have been either to exploit that or just to freshen things up 

true. I would keep the same formation but maybe Dolan for Gallagher or bring on Dolan for Hedges. 

I would the back 4 in place. Maybe Brittain for JRC if he was tired but not moved to back 5

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a fair point and one you could have done 

Another game to blame Gallagher again. Its tiresome to keep reading week in week out. Same old tripe again

Don't mention the good through ball Gallagher did for Szmodics goal. Of his backheel for Hedges goal on Wednesday

true. I would keep the same formation but maybe Dolan for Gallagher or bring on Dolan for Hedges. 

I would the back 4 in place. Maybe Brittain for JRC if he was tired but not moved to back 5

I wasn't blaming the defeat on Gallagher.  Someone asked a question about him. I answered it.  Jdt is to blame 

10 minutes ago, den said:

I agree with your opinion, I think it’s a stupid law 🧐 change.

I thought we were good too, just unlucky/let ourselves down in some key moments.

As long as the manager/players don’t dwell on the disappointment I think we’ll have a good end to the season