BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

5 minutes ago, XLM said:

To be fair this thread is full of piss poor posts.

Gutted doesn't describe it. JDT got the subs wrong and the ref had an absolute shocker.

But the lads were superb to a man again today. I love watching this side play when they're on it. Maximum effort and make very good decisions at speed.

Morton was exceptional prior to the winner. Exceptional. And anyone calling him out again should give their head an enormous shake.

Be disappointed, be annoyed. But that was a very good performance.

Genuine question. Is it fashionable to try and be different and have a different views? I get it that some people will rate players others won't etc but sometimes it's cut and dry but some people will just go against the grain. Morton wasn't exceptional or standout today so maybe don't just say it when people are clearly annoyed. Its offensive to other players who performed alot better and don't get a mention.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It is an offence if a player: 

- deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

- touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

Second one applied today - no need to be deliberate (again I think it should be)

The law still states it has to be deliberate handball. That’s never changed. There have been guidelines issued which you quote to help refs interpret whether it is intentional or not. It still has to be deliberate though.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Fancy calming down chief? Not just for the sake of the forum, thinking your blood pressure as well….

Good point, well made. It's not worth it. But it is difficult to take. And they really made me believe for a while. Sheffield being as dirty as they come really is insult on top of injury. And I just can't believe those subs. How it league form doesn't suffer now.

I'm just on the floor here boss, how do I pick myself up?

I would honestly put that on a par with losing to palace in eighty nine. That's how bad it is

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No he wasn’t. He was fairly anonymous first half, and had started tiring and giving the ball away long before the winner. We’d been saying before the subs were made that it had to be Garrett or A Wharton on for Morton, and we’re surprised that he stayed on,

I completely disagree, but fair enough. I'm not a huge Morton fan, but when he's played in the last month I think he's been very very good.

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Only thing that will make this better and have me get over it is if sheff United fall into the play offs and we beat them in the final to make the prem 

Tbh I don't want to see Sheffield Utd for a long time. They were shithouses when we beat them and got lucky today.

Awful club.

What I want is for them to be docked 12 points and fall out of the play offs.

Edited by booth
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Its always easy pointing fingers after when subs didnt work. But to say subs are pointless when we play something like 60 games a season is mad. 

We were comfortable up until the subs though. Why change it? I’ll say again, Brittain looked all over the place when he came on.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, XLM said:

I completely disagree, but fair enough. I'm not a huge Morton fan, but when he's played in the last month I think he's been very very good.

He was poor in the first half and kept giving the ball away easily in the second. He did some good things, including the excellent tackle which led to our second goal, but it's pointless if you are going to let the team down.

• Like 4

Just now, DanielMB said:

I dont disagree but if he did get a finger in his eye you dont just get up. 

But I don’t think he did get a finger in the eye. He was just trying to buy a free kick and he chose the wrong referee to try and buy one off. Anyway at that stage in the game you get up and run back when the whistle doesn’t go. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, den said:

The law still states it has to be deliberate handball. That’s never changed. There have been guidelines issued which you quote to help refs interpret whether it is intentional or not. It still has to be deliberate though.

Deliberately has changed. From on purpose to arm in unnatural position 

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We were comfortable up until the subs though. Why change it? I’ll say again, Brittain looked all over the place when he came on.

Same at Leicester. JRC had Barnes in his back pocket, Brittain comes on and he’s getting run inside out by the same player.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Its always easy pointing fingers after when subs didnt work. But to say subs are pointless when we play something like 60 games a season is mad. 

Subs were needed for sure, just not the ones JDT made.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

This messegeboard after a loss……

Not just any loss, though, @DanielMB. Victory was SO-O-O close.

We will get over it - eventually ‐ but right now, it hurts. So many "ifs": if the Ref had sent off the one of theirs who contended the penalty early on; if JDT had made some different substitutions; if we had a bigger squad to choose from; if our multi-millionnaire owners would put a bit of money into recruitment of better-quality players.

Repeat that last one, in particular, ad nauseam.

• Like 3

The usual crap coverage for us by ITV. No manager interview either before after the match. Absolutely no back-stories about Rovers, just a brief pre-match interview with Brereton. At least it helps in keeping this season's achievements under the radar. McCoist was fair but otherwise absolutely rubbish punditry in the studio. 

• Like 2

Said it before and got pelters, but Sheff United will get pumped at Wembley. Just like we would have. Of course it’s a shame, but I’d rather we prioritised the league. 

Pears, JRC, Carter, Hyam, Pickering and Travis all exceptional.

I don’t see what Morton offers that Wharton doesn’t. You don’t win tight games without a clinical number nine. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Genuine question. Is it fashionable to try and be different and have a different views? I get it that some people will rate players others won't etc but sometimes it's cut and dry but some people will just go against the grain. Morton wasn't exceptional or standout today so maybe don't just say it when people are clearly annoyed. Its offensive to other players who performed alot better and don't get a mention.

Eh? I can't say I give enough of a shit about what randoms on a forum think about a player  to falsify a fake opinion.

If it's so cut and dry then why does JDT play him? Why do Liverpool employ him, and why do paid pundits disagree with you? I'm not saying that makes your opinion wrong, it doesn't, but it's obviously not "cut and dry".

I don't think the anger towards him is justified, so I said it.

• Like 3

Bit of an overreaction on morten imo. He showed bravery going for the second goal, he is a young lad and he got a poke in the eye and stopped playing, he will learn. 

im disappointed but more so I’m proud of the lads today, stood up to a hostile environment and gave it their all, showing that they can play under pressure. Feel this will put us in good stead for the rest of the season and they won’t want to suffer the same disappointment in our ultimate quest. 

let’s get a bit of perspective albeit I know everyone will be disappointed about not going to Wembley 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

The comment was that it was a needless change. That’s correct, it was a needless change. We should never have gone ultra defensive at that point.