BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Imagine being a young footballer on the cusp of playing in a Wembley FA Cup final and you'd rather roll around on the floor feigning injury. It say's a lot about the mentality of young footballers today. 

He clearly got poked in the eye.

I'm no fan of Morton, but Ndiaye (or whatever he's called) had his fingers all over Morton's face.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Then he needs to take the credit for getting us to the QF and (potentially) the Playoffs.

He's doing an unbelievable job.

Yes of course but some of his decisions are piss poor. He cost us very dearly today  sheff United very lucky 

• Like 1

Morton's pretty pathetic rolling around aside, can't fault anyone for that today. And to be fair even that's a screamer you can't really legislate for.

Hedges so unlucky off the post, Foderingham made a tremendous double save to deny Brereton Díaz, Gallagher an stretch of the leg away.  Great game, unfortunately someone has to be on the losing side.  This team could find themselves at Wembley this season still.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not that worried we are out of the cup. Thought we played really really well. Decent box striker and we would have won.

Only real point of concern is the subs, obviously let us down. Looked all over the place.

But generally we are on a hugely upward trajectory.

Before the game I might have agreed with you but It's losing the way that we did that is outrageous. 

Feel for players like szmodics, travis and a few others that played brilliantly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's almost like we're in the Playoff positions because he ground out a number of wins early in the season by switching to a back 5 late in the game...

We’re on about today game on todays thread. Overall he’s done well, and I gave him credit in the last round. But today he’s made a bad decision and it’s cost us. 

Why so defensive about that obvious statement?

• Like 2

Good game. We didn’t take our chances but to be fair they could have had 3 more too. Fantastic hit to win it, I must say. 

The substitutes costs us as both were beaten for their 2nd, within seconds of coming on. From that point in you felt as though we would be lucky get to penalties. 

Will he accept responsibility for the subs and hold his hands up that the changes and timing were the reason we went from Wembley to being eliminated immediately after. I don't want him caned but it be nice if he held his hands up and said he got that wrong.

The decisions that went against us were long gone so you can't turn to them as the reason. 

• Like 1

What is it with Gallagher, he's got absolutely no killer instinct at all. If he was a professional hitman he'd shoot himself in the foot.

Sheffield United, back in the day they would've been called physical. I call them dirty. There was a few I was getting irate about.

The substitutions absolutely killed us. What was he thinking, absolutely gutting.

Only women and football can make me feel like this

• Like 3

As Rovers fans, one thing we can't stomach is a lack of effort. 90th minute and Morton rolling around on the floor, one game away from playing at Wembley. The lad had all the time and space in the world to let fly from exactly where Morton should have been. 

The subs disjointed us, but make it to extra time and we could reset. Mortons a player I won't remember fondly when he's gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DE. said:

We got away with not taking our chances against Leicester. We didn't today. JDT meanwhile blew it spectacularly with his subs. Hard to remember a recent game where a manager has so brutally sabotaged his own team. 

Should be remembered that Sheff Utd should have played most of this match with 10 though. The ref was their 12th man today. Not that they'll care, as we wouldn't. 

Another sickening day to be a Rovers supporter under Venkys. 

Bowyer against Burnley.

As you say they should have been down to 10, got back into the game with a lucky goal, and got the lucky bounce with Hedges shot hitting the post. Sometimes it's not your day but imagine if we'd been able to replace Gallagher with a decent striker, and had O'Brien instead of Morton. We are suffering for those executive decisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Morton can fuck off. Ref doesn't give anything . So fucking get on with it.

Actually sick of seeing him in the starting 11.

Powder puff would be an understatement .

Just thank christ he's not our player so don't have to put up with him next season 

Play to the whistle is one of the first things you learn as a kiddie playing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, den said:

Yes it does.

It is an offence if a player: 

- deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

- touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

Second one applied today - no need to be deliberate (again I think it should be)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1