BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

We’re on about today game on todays thread. Overall he’s done well, and I gave him credit in the last round. But today he’s made a bad decision and it’s cost us. 

Why so defensive about that obvious statement?

Exactly. It's not bad to admit the faults. It's like your kids, you defend them and make excuses for them but at times you have to recognise when they have been little ****! No harm recognising faults and venting it.

That’s a sickener! Just for balance, I have to point out that it’s a very normal/ sensible move to change to a more defensive system when trying to see out a game. It obviously backfired this time, but just as easily he could have left it and the same thing could have happened. Then everyone would be lamenting not having brought on a 3rd centre half to see it though. 

• Like 6

Be it under Mowbray or JDT I have never seen us play 3/5 at the back and look any good playing it. We were in control of that game until the surrender subs. Brittain absolutely dreadful when he came on just like at Leicester no sooner had he been on he had been culpable for a goal. 

• Like 2

Just now, roverinmontreal said:

That’s a sickener! Just for balance, I have to point out that it’s a very normal/ sensible move to change to a more defensive system when trying to see out a game. It obviously backfired this time, but just as easily he could have left it and the same thing could have happened. Then everyone would be lamenting not having brought on a 3rd centre half to see it though. 

He should have taken Morton and Gallagher off, they may have had roles to play in being in front but they were both making a lot of mistakes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not that worried we are out of the cup. Thought we played really really well. Decent box striker and we would have won.

Only real point of concern is the subs, obviously let us down. Looked all over the place.

But generally we are on a hugely upward trajectory.

Not worried about going out of the cup. Piss poor post 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We’re on about today game on todays thread. Overall he’s done well, and I gave him credit in the last round. But today he’s made a bad decision and it’s cost us. 

Why so defensive about that obvious statement?

Because switching to a back 5 for the last 10 minutes in a tight game has repeatedly worked for him this season.

I wouldn't have done it, I'd have brought Dolan and Garrett on for Morton and Szmodics, but I can't really fault the idea behind it. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

A quick reminder that personal attacks aren't allowed. Keep it civil. 

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Bowyer against Burnley.

As you say they should have been down to 10, got back into the game with a lucky goal, and got the lucky bounce with Hedges shot hitting the post. Sometimes it's not your day but imagine if we'd been able to replace Gallagher with a decent striker, and had O'Brien instead of Morton. We are suffering for those executive decisions.

Not sure I'd call Bowyer recent, but with that said I'm sure Mowbray did something like this and I've just forgotten.

I just hated the inevitability of the last ten minutes. So obvious what was coming. Heads just totally went, with Sheff Utd piling forward, summed up by Morton and his nonsense. 

Ref still the biggest factor in the result though. We should have been playing 10, and I don't think we lose if so.

Edited by DE.

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Exactly. It's not bad to admit the faults. It's like your kids, you defend them and make excuses for them but at times you have to recognise when they have been little ****! No harm recognising faults and venting it.

However terms like ‘brutally sabotaged his own team’ are way OTT

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

The thing is are you surprised? This is the rovers we know

You think maybe just maybe you learn and get the job done. But no it's the usual outcome. Sheffield United were shite too. We had them on the ropes.

When my Mrs. was weary, she used to say, "I'm like a wrung-out rag!" The last couple of hours have left me knowing exactly that feeling.

Only two consolations: if we'd won, I was going to "invest" a couple of quid with itv.com & see if I couldn't win best seats at Wembley for the final. Well, they can forget that!

And: Hopefully, we can now properly "concentrate on the League."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He also made the Szmodics goal I believe.

At that stage in the match why the fuck didn’t he put his boot through it. To piss about and then roll around on the floor from a hand on his face is beyond belief. Finger in the eye? Who knows at that stage he has two fucking eyes continue playing and THEN go down after the balls dead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

As Rovers fans, one thing we can't stomach is a lack of effort. 90th minute and Morton rolling around on the floor, one game away from playing at Wembley. The lad had all the time and space in the world to let fly from exactly where Morton should have been. 

The subs disjointed us, but make it to extra time and we could reset. Mortons a player I won't remember fondly when he's gone.

He constantly lost the ball/shit out of tackles and jogged back. Yes he's a young lad but that was unacceptable. Its not the first rime either.  

I wouldn't play him again to make a point. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

As Rovers fans, one thing we can't stomach is a lack of effort. 90th minute and Morton rolling around on the floor, one game away from playing at Wembley. The lad had all the time and space in the world to let fly from exactly where Morton should have been. 

The subs disjointed us, but make it to extra time and we could reset. Mortons a player I won't remember fondly when he's gone.

Hard to respect any player that would prefer to lay in the pitch than track back and help his teammates. Just goes to show it’s more about him than the club. No surprise there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Gallagher is not a big occasion player, which this really highlights. It’s not about performing out of your skin and grabbing a game by the throat, but meeting the occasion and he looked hungover most of the time.

Contrast that with McBurnie who was fighting for everything.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not that worried we are out of the cup. Thought we played really really well. Decent box striker and we would have won.

Only real point of concern is the subs, obviously let us down. Looked all over the place.

But generally we are on a hugely upward trajectory.

Bizarre statement in isolation. Even more bizarre when you consider a loss like that could derail the season. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2