BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

Ten minutes away, two goals up -absolutely gutted.

Wanted the win today far more than any play off challenge, you'd imagine that chances to finish in the top six will be fairly commonplace whereas chances to reach Cup semi finals, finals win it will be very rare indeed.

Odd substitutions - if it ain't broke, don't fix it, having made those subs we were always stuffed if we conceded the equaliser.

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He constantly lost the ball/shit out of tackles and jogged back. Yes he's a young lad but that was unacceptable. Its not the first rime either.  

I wouldn't play him again to make a point. 

What's the O'Brien debacle cost us so far, how much is it for an FA cup semi final?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Because switching to a back 5 for the last 10 minutes in a tight game has repeatedly worked for him this season.

I wouldn't have done it, I'd have brought Dolan and Garrett on for Morton and Szmodics, but I can't really fault the idea behind it. 

In the game at Ewood, we brought Hedges and Brereton on to defend a one goal lead.  

I felt right up until he made the changes that we would score again in that game. After the changes I can’t recall having the ball in their box.

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

City will slaughter these thick half wit, bellend backwards country bumpkins

Fancy calming down chief? Not just for the sake of the forum, thinking your blood pressure as well….

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Because switching to a back 5 for the last 10 minutes in a tight game has repeatedly worked for him this season.

I wouldn't have done it, I'd have brought Dolan and Garrett on for Morton and Szmodics, but I can't really fault the idea behind it. 

They were the 2 subs to make. 

• Like 1

On the bright side all energy goes into the league now and getting to Wembley the other way! Jdt didn’t make the right subs we knew that when it happened but it was still down to the men on the field to keep the lead against mediocre opposition and thanks to a stupid bit of play acting it’s cost us. No way are sheff utd worthy of the top 2, horrible side dull football and cheats 

• Like 2

Waiting for the tram back to my car. What a sickener.

We were all over them and creating chance after chance, and the second I saw those subs I knew what was coming. Adam Wharton and Dolan should have come on to keep the press going, and instead we sit back and throw the game. It's this kind of decision making that leaves tactical questions at JDT's door.

Also send Morton back to Liverpool. I don't want to see him in blue and white again.

• Like 9

• Backroom

Enjoyed the game tbh. Played reasonably well in the face of a physical side, a lot of bad luck, and a bent ref.

JDT's tactical change buggered us. Imo, you bring Dolan on there to push them back, not Wharton. However, he has credit in the bank for getting a paper thing squad this far.

Morton's tackle created our second goal, but I don't want to see him in our halves again after that little pratfall.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Not worried about going out of the cup. Piss poor post 

Id loved to have made it but thought we played really well and weve got a massive fight for playoffs on our hands.

If wed played poorly and been thrashed Id have been gutted, but to play like that, come out feeling weve acquitted ourselves really well, going into the last 9 games it feels like plenty more to play for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XLM said:

Morton was exceptional prior to the winner. Exceptional. And anyone calling him out again should give their head an enormous shake.

No he wasn’t. He was fairly anonymous first half, and had started tiring and giving the ball away long before the winner. We’d been saying before the subs were made that it had to be Garrett or A Wharton on for Morton, and we’re surprised that he stayed on,

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Be it under Mowbray or JDT I have never seen us play 3/5 at the back and look any good playing it. We were in control of that game until the surrender subs. Brittain absolutely dreadful when he came on just like at Leicester no sooner had he been on he had been culpable for a goal. 

Briton certainly lacks the strength and tenacity of JRC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Contrast that with McBurnie who was fighting for everything.

Strongly dislike him and think he’s constantly on the brink of getting a red but you’d love to have players with his passion, at a minimum. So strange to me that you spend your whole life to “make it” as a professional in something that simply could not be more difficult to do that in, with a narrow career window, and not basically destroy yourself to get a win every time you play. In the words of another Sheffield United figure, “you’ve got to fucking die to get three points.”

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Subs simply not needed,they were on the back foot...huge tactical mistake.

I kind of understand the reasoning behind it but keep the same shape, keep the same players who have got us infront. It was literally 10more minutes to hold on. We changed shape and that costs us.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I'm sure he is just angry, wrong words maybe but he hindered his own team that's for sure.

I’m absolutely certain he’s just angry - I prefer that to not caring, still needed pointing out though.

For what’s it’s worth, I’d have brought Dolan on for a Gallagher at 2-1 and saved any further subs to ‘kill the game’ in the last five minutes 

• Like 2