BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

34 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

if the coaching team can't see Wharton  adds way more going forward than the cms who started I dunno what they are doing

I see that you went for the safe "m" in the middle of that word rather than the "unt" I was thinking

Edited by Devon Rover
Drunk typing
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

My eyes...

Dull team selection today. Late subs with little impact, just painful to watch...Just start with Hedges, Gallagher and Sorba up front next match and tell them to cross at will. Smodicz and Travis to feed off the scraps.

Too much sideways and backwards. Dolan carrying the ball out of Hull's third and playing it backwards on how many occasions? All in our own hands, but how are we going to score against Coventry on Wednesday?

Start with Gallagher...

No, neigh, never no more

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Do you agree with the manager and his changes from the Huddersfield game? Formation change, A Wharton out, Gally in etc

Happy to discuss with someone who wants to talk about it sensibly without insults.

Morton and Wharton do not play the same role. They are not interchangeable. You could play both together but you've had to drop Travis. Maybe a deeper Travis and a Wharton further forward is the answer?

However, after 60 minutes he should have brought Wharton on. It was clear it wasn't working. And he can unlock a defence.

Problem remains we have no-one capable of putting the ball in the net. BBD is his usual post-Christmas shite and Dack is injured. We have fuck all else...besides an untried Leonard. 

I'd now play Leonard against Cov. We don't have a lot to lose now. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

We’re a team of bottlers that can’t cope with pressure, who when push comes to shove just don’t fancy it. This has been the same with different squads, under different managers but all under the Venkys reign. 

That's because the backing always falls short somewhere, no matter what.

• Like 1

The ending to this season couldn't be more "Rovers" if we tried. We aren't bad, we aren't great either but my god we couldn't be more frustrating!! We weren't scoring that game no matter how long we played, the lack of cohesion was tough to watch.  If I see Brereton (I refuse to call him Diaz now!!) run to the oppositions corner flag and push a bloke in the back again I think I will spontaneously combust, it is absolutely braindead.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, all you need is duff said:

Morton really wasn’t the problem tonight. So many players worse than him. The ridiculous scapegoating needs to stop.

The problem at the moment is clearly at the top end of the pitch and due to poor recruitment, I’m not really sure what the solution is unless BBD can go through a purple patch 

No he wasn't the problem tonight but he wasn't scapegoated in recent games. He deserved the critism. Let's be fair.

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Happy to discuss with someone who wants to talk about it sensibly without insults.

Morton and Wharton do not play the same role. They are not interchangeable. You could play both together but you've had to drop Travis. Maybe a deeper Travis and a Wharton further forward is the answer?

However, after 60 minutes he should have brought Wharton on. It was clear it wasn't working. And he can unlock a defence.

Problem remains we have no-one capable of putting the ball in the net. BBD is his usual post-Christmas shite and Dack is injured. We have fuck all else...besides an untried Leonard. 

I'd now play Leonard against Cov. We don't have a lot to lose now. 

I just think the formation change, after such a dominant performance against hudds, wasn’t needed…3 man midfield suits us. I also think it was wrong to start Gallagher, Thomas would of slipped in nicely on the right with Dolan uptop…Not sure what he sees with Gallagher…I for one can’t wait to see the back of him in summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, booth said:

That's because the backing always falls short somewhere, no matter what.

Yep, as soon as the window closed on the disaster that was our transfer business (or lack of), it was obvious we were going to struggle.

Getting O'Brien and a striker over the line could very well have been the difference.

• Like 3

Well I thought we could not play any worse then the first half I was wrong.

Diaz I would not playing again the young players who will play next season needs to play from now on to gain experience. The summer signing should be fun with the head coach saying we will use European players or free and loans well that's  us told 

8 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Morton really wasn’t the problem tonight. So many players worse than him. The ridiculous scapegoating needs to stop.

The problem at the moment is clearly at the top end of the pitch and due to poor recruitment, I’m not really sure what the solution is unless BBD can go through a purple patch 

It’s not that he was a problem. It’s just he isn’t needed in a game like that where it’s being played in the opposition half. 
We didn’t need himself and Travis CM together for 80 minutes in that match. 
Highlighted by the fact he barely touched the ball all 2nd half. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

No he wasn't the problem tonight but he wasn't scapegoated in recent games. He deserved the critism. Let's be fair.

Not for me apart from a couple of individual errors (eye poke vs Sheff U and not tracking his runner vs Huddersfield). He’s been better than Travis since the international break and probably for the whole season apart from August, February and March 

15 minutes ago, booth said:

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but even if the manager had got the team selection right, we still wouldn't have scored if we'd played all night.

Agree with this because, unless Leonard turn out to be a revelation, we didnt have anyone who can finish.

Weve got no problem getting into good positions and getting in behind. What we cant do is finish. 

I hope Gregg has got some top strikers identified and budget secured. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

It’s not that he was a problem. It’s just he isn’t needed in a game like that where it’s being played in the opposition half. 
We didn’t need himself and Travis CM together for 80 minutes if that match. 
Highlighted by the fact he barely touched the ball all 2nd half. 

Yeah I’d agree with this

17 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Good question. I think Brereton has lost it completely and doesn't play the team game. Dolan is highly unpredictable, and has never been my cup of tea. If Gallager is told to stay in the middle looking for early crosses and Hedges and and Thomas can provide them, then I can see a few goals from him and the ones scattering around him for scraps.

A lot of tense finishing tonight. Looked like the pressure was getting to them. 

Bwaahaa Bwaahaa...oh you're serious 

john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

3 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Not for me apart from a couple of individual errors (eye poke vs Sheff U and not tracking his runner vs Huddersfield). He’s been better than Travis since the international break and probably for the whole season apart from August, February and March 

Ah he has been very poor/unaffectionate the last while. Even if he has been better than Travis this season it's not exactly glowing praise. Our midfield is weak. Need to just play A Wharton from now on.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, imy9 said:

It’s very clear that if we had a striker who could score goals and a midfielder who could dictate play- we would be closer to the top 2 forget top 6. I think this season is a step too far but I’m excited for next season.

Yep, Lewis O’Brien and the striker that they spectacularly failed with in January, FFS 🙈

• Like 3