BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Outrageous the lengths Russian propaganda goes to, it’s scary shit, totally with you Phil. 💪

They’ve even corrupted some mid level commercial bloke at Rovers and an Italian sportswear company to subliminally add pro-Putin messages to the third kit of an English second division club! MI6 need to find this rogue employee!

What if, and here me out here.

The foreign office (who whoever decides these things) got a preview of this shirt and decided  to sanction the club for having links to Putin.

Surely this would explain why there’s been no further incoming transfers….

9 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

With such a traditional home shirt design that has little or no room for design elements I don't mind the odd bold choice when it comes to an away/3rd shirt.

This shirt fits that brief wonderfully. I imagine it'll be popular with the kids and if we have a famous win/cup run etc in the shirt it'll find is place in Rovers folklore.

Would be the shirt I'd be most tempted to buy out of this years releases so far.

A traditional home shirt design that they continue to get wrong? Reversed. Halves.

The reversed halves on the back seems popular with some on the basis it's our tradition. Granted the attached doesnt show the back of the shirts but how has it been defined as to what is traditional? From what I can see we didn't even start with halves and then most early designs had the blue and white the other way to how they generally are now.

Screenshot_20230727-193529.png

Having helped Ukrainian refugee families escape from Z, yes I am sensitive.

We have just signed a player because of the Ruzzian War. Were we to try to sign anyone of Ukrainian heritage, they would have a very big issue with that shirt. 

It is beyond stupid crazy to have that design feature.

10 hours ago, philipl said:

We have just signed a player because of the Ruzzian War. Were we to try to sign anyone of Ukrainian heritage, they would have a very big issue with that shirt. 

Even for you this is beyond ridiculous.

• Like 1

I reckon if you showed that shirt to a few thousand people nobody would see what philipl is seeing. It's a crazy notion from someone who should know better than to post such inflammatory nonsense.

• Like 4

On 27/07/2023 at 20:17, philipl said:

You do know the design is the steelwork around the ground?? 

On 27/07/2023 at 19:39, alex l said:

The reversed halves on the back seems popular with some on the basis it's our tradition. Granted the attached doesnt show the back of the shirts but how has it been defined as to what is traditional? From what I can see we didn't even start with halves and then most early designs had the blue and white the other way to how they generally are now.

Screenshot_20230727-193529.png

Until 2013, we'd basically had blue on the left and reversed on the back since WW2. Nearly 70 years. That's pretty traditional if you ask me.

In the following 10 years I think we've had blue on the left and reversed halves, once? Maybe twice.

Flip the colours on anniversaries or every now and then, that's fine. But alongside the reversed halves being traditional (even if not our original shirt), they stop the kit looking all white or all blue when you watch from the side or on TV. It just looks wrong.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do we turn down a better shirt sponsorship deal from Bet 365? 

I am sure I read that on here but can't find it anywhere when searching for it 

I doubt it, Bet365 own Stoke City, they won't give a team in the same division with very little marketing exposure any advantages. 

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

I doubt it, Bet365 own Stoke City, they won't give a team in the same division with very little marketing exposure any advantages. 

Yes I know that Bet365/Coates family own Stoke City but I am sure I read it on here. Maybe it was somewhere else tho

The club have put out a survey for input on the designs for the following 2 seasons. Covers a decent range of aspects - collar type, shade of blue, colours to be used. I expect the most divisive question relates to if the blue and white halves have to solidly separated....

At least the club is trying to get some input on it. 

1 hour ago, alex l said:

The club have put out a survey for input on the designs for the following 2 seasons. Covers a decent range of aspects - collar type, shade of blue, colours to be used. I expect the most divisive question relates to if the blue and white halves have to solidly separated....

At least the club is trying to get some input on it. 

Reverse the halves on the back FFS. That is our colours.

Where is this survey?

Edited by Upside Down

On 27/07/2023 at 18:19, wilsdenrover said:

What if, and here me out here.

The foreign office (who whoever decides these things) got a preview of this shirt and decided  to sanction the club for having links to Putin.

Surely this would explain why there’s been no further incoming transfers….

The government would have to sanction itself for Russian links first. I doubt Venkys are giving Russians kamikaze chickens to bomb Ukraine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex l said:

Would a halved design like this be accepted, particularly on the home shirt? Personally I'd say it's fine, still clearly halves, but I get the impression there'd be some pushback.

Screenshot_20230804-061409.png

Maybe okay for an off beat away shirt, not for the home one for me. 

• Like 2