BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

25 minutes ago, Brainfreeze said:

MPs criticise Blackburn Rovers vaping sponsorship deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66183944

Good

Maybe that will make our used car salesman think again. Bad press is never good. It really has spoken for the character of the man. A soulless money grabber who doesn’t give a damn about the reputation of the club at all 

I find it a crying shame. I think the Macron kits have been the best we’ve had in a while and they have been ruined with that shite logo 

• Like 4

Hyndburn has been a Rovers stronghold since time immemorial, but with Stanley now a perennial league outfit (plus being a far more proactive club than this one) and the Dingles spending a lot of time in the Premier League, I’d be interested in the views of residents to how our support is holding up there?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

MPs criticise Blackburn Rovers vaping sponsorship deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66183944

Rovers and totally wicked defend the partnership 

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1188297382?-11198:839

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Accrington are once against giving every Year 3 kid in Hyndburn a new Stanley shirt. It is the seventh year of doing this and they expect to give around 8400 away.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2023/july/community-stanleys-big-shirt-giveaway-to-return-for-seventh-year/

I don't know why Rovers don't do similar tbh and with Hyndburn, Ribble Valley and etc which have Rovers fans within those areas

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers and totally wicked defend the partnership 

Well, of course, they would do.

I'm so glad they've been called out for it.

Waggott clearly has no moral compass.

It's so obviously inappropriate for any sports club to be seen endorsing a nicotine based product.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Maybe that will make our used car salesman think again.

It will be forgotten about next summer when the club changes its front of shirt sponsor.

Funny... We've had this sponsor for our training-wear for several years, and front of shirt sponsor this year. Why are these MPs only just getting around to criticising it? I feel like it's yet another bunch of MPs wanting to be seen to be moral.

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

It will be forgotten about next summer when the club changes its front of shirt sponsor.

Funny... We've had this sponsor for our training-wear for several years, and front of shirt sponsor this year. Why are these MPs only just getting around to criticising it? I feel like it's yet another bunch of MPs wanting to be seen to be moral.

As alex I said, if they wanted to do something about it they would. 

With all the hand wringing about nicotine, you'd think they'd just ban it. But once again we see no action taken. 

Strange how it didn't take them long to ban MDMA and other such substances. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

Accrington are once against giving every Year 3 kid in Hyndburn a new Stanley shirt. It is the seventh year of doing this and they expect to give around 8400 away.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2023/july/community-stanleys-big-shirt-giveaway-to-return-for-seventh-year/

Poor sods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Because of increasing evidence it is harming kids. They have a moral duty to speak out. 

10 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Because of increasing evidence it is harming kids. They have a moral duty to speak out. 

I'm more interested in the moral duty to do something. Everybody "speaks out". It's easy. The hard part is doing something, which most can't be bothered with.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm more interested in the moral duty to do something. Everybody "speaks out". It's easy. The hard part is doing something, which most can't be bothered with.

You asked why they have becoming increasingly vocal. 

Agreed on your follow-up point, they'll do frig all unless it benefits them.