BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers and totally wicked defend the partnership 

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1188297382?-11198:839

I don't know why Rovers don't do similar tbh and with Hyndburn, Ribble Valley and etc which have Rovers fans within those areas

We can't give away 8,400 shirts - we routinely run out of the ones we have on sale!

Tbh I'm surprised Stanley can afford to do this every year. Didn't we once have to give them a load of money to stop them being liquidated?

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We can't give away 8,400 shirts - we routinely run out of the ones we have on sale!

Tbh I'm surprised Stanley can afford to do this every year. Didn't we once have to give them a load of money to stop them being liquidated?

Rovers could do it or offer a discount on a shirt for any under 16 with season ticket or junior membership. Plus a free hat, scarf and gloves for any child under 11 who is season ticket holder. 

Holt sees as increase its fanbase and I know a family member son who got a free Stanley shirt and now he is a Stanley supporter. 

On 20/06/2023 at 03:15, XLM said:

Having a vaping company as our primary sponsor is not a great look (regardless of the MS Paint logo) when there are plentiful stories in the media about an increase in under age usage. Particularly of disposables, which are also terrible environmentally.

Usage is up 50% year-on-year in under 18s according to https://ash.org.uk/resources/view/use-of-e-cigarettes-among-young-people-in-great-britain.

There are some comments along the lines of "they're for adults", "it's illegal to sell to children so it's irrelevant" etc. which is true, but it's not illegal to give them to children free of charge oddly enough, and the promotion of e-cigarettes where children see them is also increasing... Like on their footballing idols for instance.

I'm not anti-vape in general, as a smoker the benefits are obvious. They may be bad, but cannot be worse than traditional cigarettes. But that doesn't mean having them front and centre of the Rovers "brand" is a good idea. Rovers could be used as an example of vaping companies advertising to children. What if in a BBC news piece they show the Rovers kit then transition to a shot of kids stood outside school vaping and poking dead squirrels or whatever kids do? It just shows it hasn't been thought through.

On 13/07/2023 at 13:32, Brainfreeze said:

MPs criticise Blackburn Rovers vaping sponsorship deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66183944

Well, that didn't take long.

30 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Seen this on Twitter today. No idea where it came from or how legit it actually is, but thought it worth a share anyway...

F1FseFtXwAANo49.jpg

Just had same shared with me…black & very black quarters…that yellow one reminds me of some kitchen curtains I once had…😆

IMG_9850.jpeg

• Like 2

“The well-established and iconic brand - Blackburn Rovers will allow VH Group to tap into new markets and this new sponsorship deal provides a fantastic opportunity to further expand the Venky’s brand profile to an ever-increasing international audience.”

And there you have it in writing folks,the only reason Venkys purchased our club...to promote their brand in the West.

Our Clubs best interests will always come second while they have a stranglehold.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

39 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

“The well-established and iconic brand - Blackburn Rovers will allow VH Group to tap into new markets and this new sponsorship deal provides a fantastic opportunity to further expand the Venky’s brand profile to an ever-increasing international audience.”

And there you have it in writing folks,the only reason Venkys purchased our club...to promote their brand in the West.

Our Clubs best interests will always come second while they have a stranglehold.

That’s always been the rationale, not much of a secret, they’ve just never been particularly arsed in getting round to it.

Maybe if they had we wouldn’t have had this debacle of a decade.

Edited by Mattyblue