BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Niall Ennis

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

According to LT

Ennis is attracting interest from League One clubs with Bolton Wanderers, Blackpool and Barnsley leading the race for his signature. 

A loan exit is not imminent but with other clubs interested, a January move has not been ruled out.

Any idea WHY he is attracting interest?!

I’d swap him for a 33 year old Rhodes at this point  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

According to LT

Ennis is attracting interest from League One clubs with Bolton Wanderers, Blackpool and Barnsley leading the race for his signature. 

A loan exit is not imminent but with other clubs interested, a January move has not been ruled out.

Whilst I don't rate him, we aren't a million miles off being unable to fill a bench! We must bring in before we let anyone else go just from a numbers prospective.

• Like 3

Ennis was one of the penny wise, pound foolish signings. If he stays here for the duration of his contract and the extra year he will be 29 with absolutely no sell on value. Going of the first six months I can't see him ever being a player who can score goals and therefore won't justify a regular starting place in my opinion. Money down the drain. Compare that to no bringing Baath in who wanted a two year deal and would surely have become a fixture in the first team and given us the benefit of his vast experience. Clearly he wouldn't have any sell on value but would have offered massively more than Ennis can and I'd guess over the two years wouldn't have cost much more than Ennis's four or five years.

The policy of Broughton and the owners is biting them on the backside.

If he's on ten grand a week the Ennis signing is a 2 million quid commitment for those who keep saying it doesn't matte he was just a cheap punt on a free.

Stupid ill thought out signing that reeks of agent opportunism again.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Ennis was one of the penny wise, pound foolish signings. If he stays here for the duration of his contract and the extra year he will be 29 with absolutely no sell on value. Going of the first six months I can't see him ever being a player who can score goals and therefore won't justify a regular starting place in my opinion. Money down the drain. Compare that to no bringing Baath in who wanted a two year deal and would surely have become a fixture in the first team and given us the benefit of his vast experience. Clearly he wouldn't have any sell on value but would have offered massively more than Ennis can and I'd guess over the two years wouldn't have cost much more than Ennis's four or five years.

Sorry to be a pedant, but if anyone stays for the full duration of their contract, they have no sell on value... as they are out of contract and therefore by definition a free agent 😉 

Surely the hope with any player  is to sell them before they are out of contract 😉 

Edited by KentExile

17 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Sorry to be a pedant, but if anyone stays for the full duration of their contract, they have no sell on value... as they are out of contract and therefore by definition a free agent 😉 

Surely the hope with any player  is to sell them before they are out of contract 😉 

I can give you a few recent examples of a club that didn't. 😆

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

According to LT

At least somebody else can pay for his treatment table antics 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Broughton to me showed ambition in the O'Brien deal only to be torpedoed. I think now he has had the ambition sucked out of him just like JDT. If funds allowed I believe he would show more ambition in the signings. Knowing what he knows now would he have taken the job initially?

Years ago we loaned a centre half to Blackpool.  Turns out he was seeing our Chairman’s  daughter and the clause to stop him playing against us was taken out.  (No one ever found out who took it out……)

Predictably he scored and they won and the Chairman’s wife was caught celebrating his goal. 
We got relegated that season  

There was a toxic atmosphere from that moment on….

Some say that was the moment we began our descent into admin and finishing 3rd bottom of league 2….twice. 

Luckily we now have an eminently sensible chairman and the club is run with the right values.  

Edited by Green Army 75
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

We’d have him back on loan in an instant. 
Sadly I doubt you’d loan him to a rival given we are next to each other in the league.

Maybe that was the plan nothing would surprise me in football and the things that have gone on under this ownership a times it would be par for the course.

It's bizarre how a guy getting a big move and 4 year contract going to a club who finished 7th would then turn up in poor condition and have attitude problems from the off. If that really is the case of course and i know injuries can happen anytime but the head coach has seemed unimpressed with him since he turned up.

And i don't think it's because he's a bad player.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

If he's on ten grand a week the Ennis signing is a 2 million quid commitment for those who keep saying it doesn't matte he was just a cheap punt on a free.

Stupid ill thought out signing that reeks of agent opportunism again.

I'd be surprised if he's on £10k per week. 

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd be surprised if he's on £10k per week. 

That's the rumour and something tempted him all the way up here and it certainly won't be less than 7k a week which is still 1.5 mill.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Maybe that was the plan nothing would surprise me in football and the things that have gone on under this ownership a times it would be par for the course.

It's bizarre how a guy getting a big move and 4 year contract going to a club who finished 7th would then turn up in poor condition and have attitude problems from the off. If that really is the case of course and i know injuries can happen anytime but the head coach has seemed unimpressed with him since he turned up.

And i don't think it's because he's a bad player.

I’d be amazed if he had attitude problems.  He wouldn’t have been tolerated at Argyle.  

Rumours were that we wanted to keep him and offered him 7 grand a week.  Apparently you doubled it and he said we either match it or he takes it.  We haven’t got that type of money for a striker when Hardie and Whittaker also score loads for i

21 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

I’d be amazed if he had attitude problems.  He wouldn’t have been tolerated at Argyle.  

Rumours were that we wanted to keep him and offered him 7 grand a week.  Apparently you doubled it and he said we either match it or he takes it.  We haven’t got that type of money for a striker when Hardie and Whittaker also score loads for i

It's really odd because after going to the lengths of getting him here on 4 years the Head Coach has found any and every excuse not to use him.  Raising suspicion his contract maybe heavily weighted to appearance bonuses or something and if those figures are anywhere near correct someone should be sacked immediately.

Cannot see him on 14k pwk here for one min probably more like you offered him 7 but out lot doubled what he was already on. The glimpses of him he seems an ok player and he seems to be desperate to play when you hear his interviews but this is a very oddly run club.

It's clear everyone isn't singing from the same song sheet but most fans just want to see the lad have some games and see what he can do.

Edited by tomphil

4 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

Somebody in your club must have really rated him to give him a 4 year contract on more money than we could afford.  
Maybe he’s a player who the back room staff thinks needs developing but will score 30 next season?

Or more likely, someone at our club is on a fiddle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Broughton to me showed ambition in the O'Brien deal only to be torpedoed. I think now he has had the ambition sucked out of him just like JDT. If funds allowed I believe he would show more ambition in the signings. Knowing what he knows now would he have taken the job initially?

Why do people peddle the line that Broughton is blameless in this deal? Also whilst the owners have now landed us in the **** -  twelve months ago pre restrictions I don't see how it could have been them who vetoed the deal, they'd have had to authorise the deal in the first place for it to have reached such an advanced stage.

Why would they sanction the deal in the first place only to veto it a day or two later?. We still haven't been told what went wrong with it either despite the Egg promising he would come clean but in any event as DOF its his responsibility to get deals over the line