BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Niall Ennis

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Ennis looks like an ex pro playing in soccer aid

Eventually someone will come clean and go on the record with "oh deary me, we made a mistake"....

No they won't.

At best they just quietly offload and pretend it never happened.

If he becomes a regular starter for us it will be because we are in L1.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Eventually someone will come clean and go on the record with "oh deary me, we made a mistake"....

No they won't.

At best they just quietly offload and pretend it never happened.

If he becomes a regular starter for us it will be because we are in L1.

perhaps that was the 'project'

sign players ready for L1 and get them ready this season 

• Like 1

It is really surprising to hear.  We always knew he was injury prone and his minutes needed to be rationed but he was far and away our best striker last year.  

Given that we are the highest scorers in this league outside of the top 4 we do wonder how many Ennis would have by now.  

Isn’t weird how some players just fit at somE clubs.  

He needs the ball in front of him to be effective.  If he is being asked to play with his back to goal then he might struggle as that isn’t what he is good at. 

• Like 1

Weird isn’t it. 

He scored something like 40 goals for us in 90 odd appearances with about half of those appearances coming from the bench. 

Nothing I’ve seen so far in the Championship suggests he wouldn’t have carried on.  Whittaker already has 10, Hardie has 6 from about 12 games and Azaz has 6…..if only we could defend!

On 22/11/2023 at 22:18, simongarnerisgod said:

i know for a fact szmodics,hyam and brittain were  mowbrays list of targets

on the greg and kimberley list tronstadt looks a player,so do hill and moran

less said the better about wahlstadt,the swedish walton

ennis,who`s made of bone china

telalovic the result of panic phoning every club in europe asking for cheap players

to get straight to the point,the egg should be fired for bringing us clinton mola and george hirst not to mention a complete dereliction of duty on the lewis o`brien fiasco,which he somehow got away with,he`s the director of football,it`s his job to make sure the deal is finalised,he`s another one riding the ewood express of non accountable positions that are numerous in the halls of ewood park

Great post. Lest we forget last January just how DID he get away with the OBrien/lad from Rochdale fiasco scot free when he is MEANT to be Director of Football?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m no Miss Marple but I’m starting to suspect you’re not keen on Mr Broughton 🧐

Good spot!

For me right from his first interview it was apparent that he had no genuine aspirations of success for us, just that he wanted to turn us into the Crewe Alexandra of the Championship.

(Mind you there's not even much chance of that given his recruitment is so shite)

Bet he can't believe his lucky stars he landed on his feet with this job in which he seems to be clearly miles out of his depth.

In talking a good game however, he is absolutely World Class. Rememember him bragging about Telalovic being our "second PERMANENT striking addition of the summer". Lol

Well - except when the transfer window is on and you WOULD expect to be hearing from him at which point he goes completely schtumm.

I don't know how we manage to keep finding these people.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good spot!

For me right from his first interview it was apparent that he had no genuine aspirations of success for us, just that he wanted to turn us into the Crewe Alexandra of the Championship.

(Mind you there's not even much chance of that given his recruitment is so shite)

Bet he can't believe his lucky stars he landed on his feet with this job in which he seems to be clearly miles out of his depth.

In talking a good game however, he is absolutely World Class. Rememember him bragging about Telalovic being our "second PERMANENT striking addition of the summer". Lol

Well - except when the transfer window is on and you WOULD expect to be hearing from him at which point he goes completely schtumm.

I can’t say I’m as critical of him as you are but I’m certainly less keen than I was to begin with.

In terms of your last sentence, do we find them or do they find us?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Great post. Lest we forget last January just how DID he get away with the OBrien/lad from Rochdale fiasco scot free when he is MEANT to be Director of Football?

Because the most likely explanation is that the owners put a stop to the deal and the club started spinning a massive web of lies to try and save face.

• Like 2

On 29/12/2023 at 17:22, RevidgeBlue said:

Good spot!

Whilst I agree, I am curious what we expect the egg to say. He does dig a hole sometimes aka the above striker quote however do we expect him to say..

Sorry rovers fans. I have no connections. I fucked the O'Brien deal and now agents won't deal with me and Samir is the best I could do but he is terrible so no expectations

47 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Whilst I agree, I am curious what we expect the egg to say. He does dig a hole sometimes aka the above striker quote however do we expect him to say..

Sorry rovers fans. I have no connections. I fucked the O'Brien deal and now agents won't deal with me and Samir is the best I could do but he is terrible so no expectations

Say nothing or say the truth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to LT

Ennis is attracting interest from League One clubs with Bolton Wanderers, Blackpool and Barnsley leading the race for his signature. 

A loan exit is not imminent but with other clubs interested, a January move has not been ruled out.

Any idea WHY he is attracting interest?!

4 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Perhaps we had better keep him as we are likely to meet his level in the next eighteen months.

Loaning him out so he can hit the ground running next season is probably a good option. Certainly better than him hitting the ground and breaking his knees.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro

50 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

According to LT

Ennis is attracting interest from League One clubs with Bolton Wanderers, Blackpool and Barnsley leading the race for his signature. 

A loan exit is not imminent but with other clubs interested, a January move has not been ruled out.

Any idea WHY he is attracting interest?!

Loaning him isn't a great risk. I sincerely wish we had him on loan then we could send him back. As it is we are stuck with him for four years.

• Like 1