BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Niall Ennis

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Where do you get this nonsense from ? They are 7 places below us in the league.

This club has gone on record saying that the only objective is to avoid relegation. The season before we missed out on the playoffs by goal difference. 

"The project has changed"

"We're a development club"

As long as we avoid relegation, the people who run the club don't give a fuck if we win lose or draw. 

Plymouth Argyle go into every game wanting to win.

Blackburn Rovers go into every game not giving a fuck.

A lot of short termism going on here. I'd have liked to have seen more of Ennis by now & his injury record is a bit concerning, but he was a low risk high potential signing at the time & we all knew it as such.

Clearly the intention was to bring someone else in when we signed him at the end of May, but our esteemed owners' subsequent financial woes scuppered that and so we are where we are. 

Give Ennis time; we've gone through 1 twelfth of his contacted games. Plenty of time yet for him to come good and prove his worth.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

A lot of short termism going on here. I'd have liked to have seen more of Ennis by now & his injury record is a bit concerning, but he was a low risk high potential signing at the time & we all knew it as such.

Clearly the intention was to bring someone else in when we signed him at the end of May, but our esteemed owners' subsequent financial woes scuppered that and so we are where we are. 

Give Ennis time; we've gone through 1 twelfth of his contacted games. Plenty of time yet for him to come good and prove his worth.

My problem is not with Ennis, but with, why is he not being given the chance to play.

• Like 3

Not even giving him cameos when he's always selected for the bench and JDT clearly seeing Leonard as before him is not what you'd expect of a guy with scoring pedigree and given a 4 year contract.

Unless he is perhaps on big appearance money and with us watching the pennies its got in the way, who'd be remotely surprised if that was the real issue here.

I expect to see him get some action after the International break seeing as we are now in funds again.

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ve never seen jdt`s rovers go into a game lacking effort,you might no agree with some of his tactics but one thing is certain,his players always try,i think you are being unfair with the above comment

I was talking more about the club as a whole.

JDT and the team have ambition, but it stops there.

• Like 7

Ennis looked overweight to me when I saw him warm up vs Swansea. He had a reputation at Plymouth as a bit of a partygoer as well. I don't want to cast aspersions on him and might be totally wrong but perhaps he's not quite got the commitment and fitness required for a JDT side right now? If we weren't so short he'd probably be playing for the ressies. 

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

Ennis looked overweight to me when I saw him warm up vs Swansea. He had a reputation at Plymouth as a bit of a partygoer as well. I don't want to cast aspersions on him and might be totally wrong but perhaps he's not quite got the commitment and fitness required for a JDT side right now? If we weren't so short he'd probably be playing for the ressies. 

If Ennis isn't up to the standard JDT requires, then he should be playing for the reserves. Our shortages in that department should not come into that decission making. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smiller14 said:

should it matter if a player is overweight???dunny was never that weight conscious,neither was rooney,who frankly was a bit of a fat git most of his career

I saw a comparison to Szmodics amidst "learning the Tomasson way" and how he went to play for the kids but his general fitness wasnt in doubt, he had started and finished games but just was struggling to impose himself.

Ennis has not started a league game, he started with a second string and did 60-70 minutes v Walsall but hes not even considered for cameos for 20 minutes when we need a goal at home.

Talk about building his fitness up but how does that cycle get broken when as the games go by, his fitness moves further away from being ready? Hes not even making cameos, he isnt playing for the under 21s often and when he does it makes no difference when Saturday comes around.

Gallagher is injured and has been for a while. Ennis made 2 brief cameos when Leonard was injured. As soon as Leonard returned, Ennis hasnt been seen since, when surely there was an opportunity for him to build up from the 15 and 30 minute cameo to be able to after 2 or 3 more cameos to then do an hour if he was truly fancied. Tomasson seems to have a specific pecking order, Gallagher first, then Dolan as a false 9, then Leonard, then Ennis and then Telalovic. And he never has more than one on at once, so maybe he just isnt fancied, maybe theres been some sort of disagreement, maybe hes not applying himself or maybe he isnt looking after himself. I feel that unless Dolan or Leonard get injured prior to Gallagher coming back, he might struggle to even make another cameo anytime soon.

It isnt a simple case of waiting for him to get fit because hes actually getting further away just sitting on the bench.

On 16/11/2023 at 18:48, simongarnerisgod said:

should it matter if a player is overweight???dunny was never that weight conscious,neither was rooney,who frankly was a bit of a fat git most of his career

It does if it affects their ability to play the full 90 and the style of football we want. Dunny and Rooney both had stamina that defied  their 'fuller' frames 

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he’s not starting against Stoke some serious questions should be being asked.

Just been having a look at his record over the past 5 seasons.

Completed 90 minutes:

19/20 - 9

20/21 - 12

21/22 - 6

22/23 - 4

23/24 - 0

• Like 2