BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Niall Ennis

• Backroom
1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just out of curiosity,is this a Manager signing or is he just told 'here's a player,work with him'?

Strange days.

Whether you believe him or not, GB has said multiple times that JDT has the final say on all transfers.

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just out of curiosity,is this a Manager signing or is he just told 'here's a player,work with him'?

Strange days.

Ennis said during his Rovers TV interview that he met with JDT and GB. Plus given JDT's comments and GB's comments about JDT having the final say on whether a player join or not

48 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Can you imagine signing tugay and we made the existing players so something daft like play pass the parcel to ultimately reveal - We’ve signed tugay. No. It’s fucking stupid and anyone young or old that gets on board with this is a moron.  

the video was something different and aiming at people who used social media alot more than some people on here do. 

no one should be called a moron Matt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Can you imagine signing tugay and we made the existing players so something daft like play pass the parcel to ultimately reveal - We’ve signed tugay. No. It’s fucking stupid and anyone young or old that gets on board with this is a moron.  

I'm not sure why you used Tugay as an example. Much more exciting signing than Niall Ennis.

I think the main reason this video is a bit cringe is the player in question is a freebie from League One, and we already knew about it hours before the announcement. If it was a genuine surprise and a marquee signing, I'd understand building some 'suspense'.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not sure why you used Tugay as an example. Much more exciting signing than Niall Ennis.

I think the main reason this video is a bit cringe is the player in question is a freebie from League One, and we already knew about it hours before the announcement. If it was a genuine surprise and a marquee signing, I'd understand building some 'suspense'.

Perhaps it is a subliminal message. Handle the paperwork correctly, and you will get your man.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Perhaps it is a subliminal message. Handle the paperwork correctly, and you will get your man.

Wouldn't surprise me if the crumpled up piece of paper being tossed around is how we handled the O'Brien deal...

53 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ok. Not tugay then. Let’s say Lee makel. The point remains if anyone condones or even likes this embarrassing way to announce any player signing you’re a moron. 

28 minutes ago, philipl said:

Tugay signing wasn't popular when it happened.

Why would it have been? A fairly unknown foreign player who’d briefly been at Rangers signed for a relatively small fee wasn’t going to get the fanbase buzzing - but it wasn’t ‘unpopular’ either.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ok. Not tugay then. Let’s say Lee makel. The point remains if anyone condones or even likes this embarrassing way to announce any player signing you’re a moron. 

I mean, it wasn't for me, but I don't find it helpful to call people morons for having different taste in what media they enjoy.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Why would it have been? A fairly unknown foreign player who’d briefly been at Rangers signed for a relatively small fee wasn’t going to get the fanbase buzzing - but it wasn’t ‘unpopular’ either.

It was unpopular with me, stopped us signing Berkovic! Glad to be wrong on that one 

I was also gutted when we signed Shearer because it meant the end for Speedie!

Maybe I should be disappointed more often

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

The point remains if anyone condones or even likes this embarrassing way to announce any player signing you’re a moron. 

Jesus Christ lighten up. It’s a bit of fun. 

The only embarrassing thing is your reaction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

It was unpopular with me, stopped us signing Berkovic! Glad to be wrong on that one 

I was also gutted when we signed Shearer because it meant the end for Speedie!

Maybe I should be disappointed more often

As a Rovers fan, surely you've been disappointed plenty this last decade?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matt83 said:

If you don't like it then don't watch it. It was something different and I thought it was fine. 

There is no need to call anyone a moron. 

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 07:36, Upside Down said:

Notice how he didn't turn the shirt around to show his name on the back. 

Probably still has Diaz on the back.

HAHAHAHA!!

On 27/05/2023 at 08:00, broadsword said:

No shot of the manager welcoming him to Ewood?

He's the "first team coach" 

Surprised GB wasn't in the video tbh.

Great business though. Glad he's in early doors

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Eyal Berkovic (who was slightly younger) was released to make space for Tugay.