BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Niall Ennis

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Good signing. What a terrible video and poor announcement. A bit of scrunched up paper. What on earth. Couldn't they just print his name on a shirt and use that instead of a few bits of paper. Embarrassing!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

Good signing. What a terrible video and poor announcement. A bit of scrunched up paper. What on earth. Couldn't they just print his name on a shirt and use that instead of a few bits of paper. Embarrassing!

They have no spare shirts.

• Like 3

Nice to get some business done early for a change. Never heard of the guy until a couple of days ago. 24 years old and 13 goals in a title winning L1 side last year sounds decent business on a free. If he can add a bit of strength and pace up top it would be an improvement.

Pretty sure George Hirst had 13 L1 goals before we signed him and we all know how good he was.....

Edited by benhben

Almost unprecedented in recent years, a new face in the building very early in the close season is a welcome change. As for the lad, well, he has done the business in a team that has done the business, is young enough and hungry to kick on. I doubt he would be through the door if JDT didn't approve, and lets face it, we all agree there is a need for someone with a striker's instinct in our current set up.

The video? Well it was better than the old style back page shot of 'new lad puts pen to paper' our 'marketing team' might have relied on in previous years. I'm with Philpl on this, and it made me smile too 🙂 That, in itself. is an achievement for the backroom boys and girls at the club!

Welcome Niall Ennis. Kick on lad, and write your name into our famous club history!

COYB!

54 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'm warming to the idea of the lad.  He's a free but he could be the bargain of the century ala Brad friedel or he could be duff in which case we make a profit on him either way 

We all hope he’s duff

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

No idea about him,  but you usually get fans of the team players are leaving saying actually he won’t make the step up and he’s overrated / limited. However the vast majority of Plymouth fans seem genuinely disappointed and think he may do well.

• Like 2

That is an embarrassing way to announce a signing. I’d go as far as to say humiliating, certainly not as bad as the chicken advert, but why can’t they just be normal. Unless the social media age yoof lap this shit up. That chicken advert, “birdies date”, that. Probably hundreds more on social media I’m not aware of. Why. It’s all so amateurish.

• Like 1

Can you imagine signing tugay and we made the existing players so something daft like play pass the parcel to ultimately reveal - We’ve signed tugay. No. It’s fucking stupid and anyone young or old that gets on board with this is a moron.  

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Can you imagine signing tugay and we made the existing players so something daft like play pass the parcel to ultimately reveal - We’ve signed tugay. No. It’s fucking stupid and anyone young or old that gets on board with this is a moron.  

I’ll be sure to inform my nephew that he’s a moron because you said so 🤘

• Like 7

16 hours ago, matt83 said:

To be fair, as you’ve said you don’t use social media to follow Rovers it clearly isn’t aimed at you. So to call 9year old kids that probably like it morons is, err, moronic.

I don’t think it’s a great video but I know from our own social media at work that you can show the product we actually sell  all you want, but you get far better response when you feature actual staff or their pets!

I don’t get it, but people don’t get why I miss 5 minutes before half time to get a pint. Each to their own.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4