BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at the southampton squad for tonight,it`s impossible not get that side promoted,even with russell martin at the helm,they should absolutely annihilate this league,though it would be  funny if he somehow failed,can`t stand the **** tbh

Just came here to post the same thing, didn't realise their squad was so strong, don't think I put them for promotion in the predictions thread but yeah, keep that together and they'll walk this league.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

15 minutes of extra time today.

This initiative will quickly die - there's no way people are staying at grounds until 5pm every week. 

I couldn't agree more , nonsensical rules...

We are going get some hidings this season, can't see people hanging around til after 5pm , week in week out ..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

15 minutes of extra time today.

This initiative will quickly die - there's no way people are staying at grounds until 5pm every week. 

why will it? 

Its the rules and the correct amount of injury time is being played finally. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

5 minutes of extra time today.

I thought that fans, many on this message board, wanted an end to time wasting. It was a constant moan on here last season. Hope that the new initiative works. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

One club receives £44m this season from parachute payments, one club receives £7m.

Come on Wednesday, the odds are stacked firmly against you.

They get the 7 million aswell as the parachute payments

Edited by 1874
  • Like 1

Time wasting is an area of the game which the vast majority of fans find frustrating. Over the years the cheats have been allowed to prosper simply because the referees haven't applied law. I can recall two games towards the end of the season when we were well on top and pushing for a winner. The added time was woefully inadequate and Tomasson blew a fuse. He said something like "this is the only country where this happens". A close friend spoke to the Rovers players and staff about the changes for the coming season and he said Tomasson welcomed every one. Three players were cautioned last for delaying the restart, another thing Tomasson was in agreement with. If we end up with an extra fifteen minutes in every match it doesn't matter in my view and there will be some collateral damage but the effort to punish the cheats has to be applauded.

• Like 7

They just stop the clock in Rugby League. Nobody walks out early. Having said that I can distinctly recall walking out of Ewood at 4-40 pm at the final whistle.back in the day. Two halves of 45 mins, 10 minutes half time and no time wasting. On the Boulevard for about 5.05pm, just in time to grab a “ Last Sports “ and hop on the 5-15pm bus back to Rochdale. Now I’d have no chance of making the bus.

Having said that what is creeping into Rugby League is the tactic of “ strategic injuries “ when you’re on the attack. Players staying down after a tackle etc. to break up the momentum. That’s becoming a big problem in football and rugby.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They just stop the clock in Rugby League. Nobody walks out early. Having said that I can distinctly recall walking out of Ewood at 4-40 pm at the final whistle.back in the day. Two halves of 45 mins, 10 minutes half time and no time wasting. On the Boulevard for about 5.05pm, just in time to grab a “ Last Sports “ and hop on the 5-15pm bus back to Rochdale. Now I’d have no chance of making the bus.

Having said that what is creeping into Rugby League is the tactic of “ strategic injuries “ when you’re on the attack. Players staying down after a tackle etc. to break up the momentum. That’s becoming a big problem in football and rugby.

I wonder how the early leavers from the Riverside will cope with the games being extended by extraordinary amounts of time. I don't doubt there will be gasps up and down the country today when additional time is announced but it's something fans will have to become accustomed to. From memory the average ball in play time for the Championship was about 55 minutes last season - that just can't be right so hopefully what seems to some like a sledgehammer to a walnut will sort out the issues.