BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Parkes's autobiography

• chaddyrovers changed the title to Tony Parkes's autobiography

I have been reading the book and came across something from Alan Shearer which irked me. Alan is of the opinion that the club should do something for Tony like naming something in his honour. This was mooted some years ago and from memory it was another thing Waggott was to 'look into' and come back (I think it was to the Fans Forum) but to the best of my knowledge hasn't done. It's another badge of shame for the imbesilic Waggott. The man has no shame  why do we have to suffer this idiot.

20230608_104634.jpg

• Like 5

When there was a clamour to re-name the Riverside, wasn’t his suggestion to just re-name a Brockhall pitch (of which there is a plethora of)?

He then kicked it into his long grass with a trademark ‘I’ll look into it’ - that was about four years ago.

This guy as the club figurehead 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

Steve Waggott is a disgrace really. Always has been

The truth of the matter is he probably costed out the sign to change the Riverside into the Tony Parkes Stand and then decided against it

The man might be between a rock & and a hard place: it's clear who sanctions the spending, and I suspect 98% of all our spending goes on the football side, but just the manner in which he operates in is sickening

Just another in a long list of execs that ain't worth a penny

• Like 1

• Backroom

There are 3 people who can rightly be attributed the status of ‘Mr Blackburn Rovers’. They should all have statues but only one does.

Jack Walker

Bob Crompton

Tony Parkes

• Like 2

On 08/06/2023 at 22:08, Dreams of 1995 said:

Steve Waggott is a disgrace really. Always has been

The truth of the matter is he probably costed out the sign to change the Riverside into the Tony Parkes Stand and then decided against it

The man might be between a rock & and a hard place: it's clear who sanctions the spending, and I suspect 98% of all our spending goes on the football side, but just the manner in which he operates in is sickening

Just another in a long list of execs that ain't worth a penny

There is no denying that I wouldn't piss on the venkys if they were on fire, but it's hard to put into words how much of a piece of shit Waggot is.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 21:59, broadsword said:

Not arguing over those three, but Ronnie and duggie?

Ronnie has to be in for me. 665 appearances over 19 years according to Wiki.

I remember him working at the club doing the ground tours and he was an absolute gentleman. My mum sent him a thank you letter after we did the tour there and he sent us a Christmas card back. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I remember him working at the club doing the ground tours and he was an absolute gentleman. My mum sent him a thank you letter after we did the tour there and he sent us a Christmas card back. 

Yeah, my youngest son and myself did the ground tour with Ronnie. As you say he was a complete gentleman, nothing was too much trouble for him. Great player in his day also. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

What a lovely fella he sounds, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him.

• 1 month later...