BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

I'd be very curious to find out precisely what he did. From the LT article it sounds like it could be as minor as telling someone our lineup 10 minutes before it was released. I don't know if something as serious as what Shane Duffy did (always amazed he never got investigated for that) comes under it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I'd be very curious to find out precisely what he did. From the LT article it sounds like it could be as minor as telling someone our lineup 10 minutes before it was released. I don't know if something as serious as what Shane Duffy did (always amazed he never got investigated for that) comes under it.

He probably told someone to back Wigan for the League One title when he found out Mowbray's starting line-up at Charlton.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 9

On 30/06/2023 at 12:26, bluebruce said:

Far from minor that to be fair.

Can this come back to hurt the club?  I notice they were clear in pointing out he was with us. Can we be punished for his shenanigans whilst on our books?

Should I have added alleged somewhere in there?

Edited by USABlue

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Can this come back to hurt the club?  I notice they were clear in pointing out he was with us. Can we be punished for his shenanigans whilst on our books?

I can't think of any clubs having been punished for the betting habits of their players

On 30/06/2023 at 12:26, bluebruce said:

Honestly we should have sat him in the stiffs for the duration of his contract - we've lost so much money, who cares about £4m (+ salary)?

21 hours ago, CA1Rover said:

Really warm info that, plenty would pay for it. License to print money trading with it.

Who would pay for our line-up 10 minutes before it was released? Just interested into what benefit someone gain from the information.

On 30/06/2023 at 14:18, Hasta said:

He probably told someone to back Wigan for the League One title when he found out Mowbray's starting line-up at Charlton.

Judging by the amount of likes this post achieved, I can’t believe people are still so sore about that!

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Who would pay for our line-up 10 minutes before it was released? Just interested into what benefit someone gain from the information.

If it’s linked to betting - the exchange markets (betfair etc) are normally quite liquid before 2pm, but if you know for definite that a big player is missing or on the bench, you’re benefiting from information that the market doesn’t have.

Its advantageous for those laying the bets, not necessarily those taking them.

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, JBiz said:

If it’s linked to betting - the exchange markets (betfair etc) are normally quite liquid before 2pm, but if you know for definite that a big player is missing or on the bench, you’re benefiting from information that the market doesn’t have.

Its advantageous for those laying the bets, not necessarily those taking them.

Fair enough. The charges relate to 2017 - so either the 2nd half our our league one season, or the first half of a Championship season.

I could understand an advantage on a market where you'd expect a lot of bets to take place (For example if Liverpool were playing Arsenal in the cup and you had information that Liverpool were fielding a team of teenagers before it was common knowledge), but I'm not sure how much money is being won/lost based on leaked Rovers' team news. It might be a much bigger market than I realise.

51 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Fair enough. The charges relate to 2017 - so either the 2nd half our our league one season, or the first half of a Championship season.

I could understand an advantage on a market where you'd expect a lot of bets to take place (For example if Liverpool were playing Arsenal in the cup and you had information that Liverpool were fielding a team of teenagers before it was common knowledge), but I'm not sure how much money is being won/lost based on leaked Rovers' team news. It might be a much bigger market than I realise.

My guess is it’s more likely just someone he knew was being transferred, something that’s exactly what happened to trippier and I imagine Harry knows quite a few top English players from coming through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Scored two own goals and got sent off in the same game for Rovers away at Cardiff in 2016. We lost 2-1.

Make your own mind up after seeing it:

Reminds me a lot of that West ham game.

Pretty obvious really. Did he get done for betting also?

Chapman stupid.

That Charlton game.

Mowbray selection weird shall we say.

Then we actually played well and were unlucky/makers of our own misfortune to go behind.

Then it went away from us.

If I recall the stats were a bit like Rotherham away last season. 

If you just looked at possession, chances etc you wouldn't know the home side handed out a pasting.

17 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Probably, someone betting on 1st goal..I mean serious betting ££££s

Edited by Waggy76

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Chapman stupid.

That Charlton game.

Mowbray selection weird shall we say.

Then we actually played well and were unlucky/makers of our own misfortune to go behind.

Then it went away from us.

If I recall the stats were a bit like Rotherham away last season. 

If you just looked at possession, chances etc you wouldn't know the home side handed out a pasting.

The Charlton was forced by injuries to a few to be fair.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Probably, someone betting on 1st goal..I mean serious betting ££££s

You must get minimal benefit from seeing the line ups in advance though? You get your money back if the first goal is scored before your player is on the pitch if he's a substitute. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Scored two own goals and got sent off in the same game for Rovers away at Cardiff in 2016. We lost 2-1.

Was this not all around the same time he rejected a new contract and put in a transfer request?

• Like 1