BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going up (the optimism thread)

2 hours ago, philipl said:

I am being optimistic and telling you there are at least 2 January incomings.

Also watch for attempts at loans to buy.

there should be absolute uproar if jdt is`nt backed financially in january,personally i think it`s a crucial time in our history,if venkys don`t back him i can see him announcing he`s off at the end of the season and we`ll get a another mowbray,a pension topper upper and the slide down the leagues will begin

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think if Tomasson goes owing to lack of backing (quite possible) then we would be quite lucky to see another Mowbray. More likely to get a Coyle.

By another Mowbray do you mean a man in the most comfortable of comfort zones who will happily sail along in mid table whilst earning a fortune?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think if Tomasson goes owing to lack of backing (quite possible) then we would be quite lucky to see another Mowbray. More likely to get a Coyle.

I think with Broughton we're very unlikely to get either. Say what you like about him, but Broughton has imagination and whilst I'd be surprised if we could get someone in as good as Tomasson, I can't see us going for an obvious out-of-work name. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think with Broughton we're very unlikely to get either. Say what you like about him, but Broughton has imagination and whilst I'd be surprised if we could get someone in as good as Tomasson, I can't see us going for an obvious out-of-work name. 

When JDT eventually leaves, I am not bothered who we get as a replacement, as long as the team is successful.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

By another Mowbray do you mean a man in the most comfortable of comfort zones who will happily sail along in mid table whilst earning a fortune?

A decent Championship manager who will have you safe without being able to push you on.

The post wasn't a compliment to him, more an indicator to what the owners might do based on what they usually do.

Also, I can't comment on Mowbray's wage to know if he was on a comparative fortune.

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

That assumes that with the cuts, Broughton sticks around. Will find it more difficult to find a new role compared to Tomasson so maybe he will.

Mind you, his judgement is hardly perfect especially if his hands are tied with the owners cutting back.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Mowbray finished above JDT last season by guiding Sunderland in to the playoffs and is currently above him again.

Our of the woodwork comes MP. Mowbray wasted a fortune here, if Tomasson had been given a fraction of what Mowbray got we would have been comfortably above them. However if you are comparing Mowbrays staid, bland management style to Tomassons you need your bumps feeling.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Our of the woodwork comes MP. Mowbray wasted a fortune here, if Tomasson had been given a fraction of what Mowbray got we would have been comfortably above them. However if you are comparing Mowbrays staid, bland management style to Tomassons you need your bumps feeling.

I haven't come out of any woodwork - revealing that you have to resort to personal insults. What I did was quote the facts. I like JDT but the idea that he is way better than Mowbray at Championship level is still to be proven at this stage. 

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I haven't come out of any woodwork - revealing that you have to resort to personal insults. What I did was quote the facts. I like JDT but the idea that he is way better than Mowbray at Championship level is still to be proven at this stage. 

who`s brand of football do you prefer???and as others have said if you`de given jdt the amount of cash the indians gave moggadon,we`de be in the top two and bound for promotion,you would`nt see jdt put bradley johnson up front on his own either😁

• Like 2

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

By that do you mean a complete dick head that routinely insults the club and fans, has absolutely zero ambition to do anything other than top up his pension and has the personality of a manky cabbage?

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

By that do you mean a complete dick head that routinely insults the club and fans, has absolutely zero ambition to do anything other than top up his pension and has the personality of a manky cabbage?

Succinctly put 😂.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/11/2023 at 06:09, Mashed Potatoes said:

I like JDT but the idea that he is way better than Mowbray at Championship level is still to be proven at this stage. 

Not to me! No comparison. We had the luck to sign an ambitious and talented coach at the last minute and he's been let down.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

been hearing that there will be a small amount of money to be spent on transfers in january(no idea how much,likely to be a small amount) and  we`ll be looking for 2 more loans,don`t rule out our best young players departing for big money either

That’ll only end one way. You can’t keep selling your best players and replacing them with loans. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just whispers from a somewhat unreliable  source,probably not correct tbh,i do believe however that we will sign a striker from the lower leagues given our small budget

What's the point in signing another striker for small money from a lower division?

We have already taken punts on Ennis and Telalovic.Surely if little in the kitty the most logical plan would be to use the loan market and look for another Cannon and Archer, then even if they ain't a success they can go back to their clubs Rather than handing out another 3 or 4 year contract like we have with the 2 mentioned above.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

What's the point in signing another striker for small money from a lower division?

We have already taken punts on Ennis and Telalovic.Surely if little in the kitty the most logical plan would be to use the loan market and look for another Cannon and Archer, then even if they ain't a success they can go back to their clubs Rather than handing out another 3 or 4 year contract like we have with the 2 mentioned above.

this is blackburn rovers 2010-2023,don`t expect sanity and common sense to take hold suddenly!!!!!!!