BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going up (the optimism thread)

• Backroom

Bring in a couple of decent attackers and there's every chance of a top six finish. The rest of the team is solid (assuming the Swedish gk signs) with competition for places across the park. 

• Like 2

• K-Hod locked and unlocked this topic

I feel like we've got a potentially excellent spine of the team, including the new GK arriving.

Both CBs are top-6 standard, we know about A.Wharton and I genuinely think that Leonard's potential at this level is without an upper limit.

If we can fill the squad with another 2/3/4 bodies and we do keep hold of JDT, there is absolutely no reason why we'd not be around the top 6.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

We're off to a great start.

It's always good to get three points on the opening day. I enjoy some positivity, but I'm going to piss on your chips. Beating a club at home that is likely going to finish mid-table isn't exactly a reason to start a thread about us going up!

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

It's always good to get three points on the opening day. I enjoy some positivity, but I'm going to piss on your chips. Beating a club at home that is likely going to finish mid-table isn't exactly a reason to start a thread about us going up!

Miserable sod! 

How about a bit of positivity? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Miserable sod! 

How about a bit of positivity? 

Let me rephrase what I was trying to get across.

HMS Piss The League Rovers are on the way up. Leonard is a goal machine. Markanday is the next Messi. Pears had a chat with Friedel and got infected with supergoalkeeperitis. Tomasson's wife's chippy sold-out of JDT-cakes in the first ten minutes of the grand opening and they're raking it in, so Tomasson is thinking "what a barm cake I was for thinking of leaving, we're on a bread roll!".

My source tells me we're on the verge of signing a reborn Nuno Gomes after he saw Leonard's performance today, so we've sorted out the strikers for the season.

We are going up. I've seen the light. 👀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

It might be the only opportunity that we have...

I still think a win at home to West Brom is a very good start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy said:

I feel like we've got a potentially excellent spine of the team, including the new GK arriving.

Both CBs are top-6 standard, we know about A.Wharton and I genuinely think that Leonard's potential at this level is without an upper limit.

If we can fill the squad with another 2/3/4 bodies and we do keep hold of JDT, there is absolutely no reason why we'd not be around the top 6.

Top six my arse, automatic promotion is our aim.

Tut, tut, the optimism thread had slipped off the first page 😕

The second half performance yesterday was a great recovery and if our current points total is projected over the season we will finish on 92 points! 🤠😎

Happy birthday Alan Shearer, 53 today!

20230813_101307.thumb.jpg.6180f0dd1a27691738c086789e9bc96d.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, JohnD said:

Tut, tut, the optimism thread had slipped off the first page 😕

The second half performance yesterday was a great recovery and if our current points total is projected over the season we will finish on 92 points! 🤠😎

Happy birthday Alan Shearer, 53 today!

20230813_101307.thumb.jpg.6180f0dd1a27691738c086789e9bc96d.jpg

Pictured above with the only trophy he ever won.

The best English player of all time.

• Like 1