BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going up (the optimism thread)

With the way Rovers are at the moment there's no reason that we couldn't go on and win the next 3 games, putting us right back up in the mix.

We have looked a lot sturdier in the last 2 matches with Hill and Tronstad in particular coming into the side, and Sigurdsson appears to be a bit of a gem, so credit to GB for bringing these 3 into the club. It's great to see some Nordic players in the side again, following in the footsteps of Pedersen, Berg, Olsson, Bohinen, etc.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

With the way Rovers are at the moment there's no reason that we couldn't go on and win the next 3 games, putting us right back up in the mix.

We have looked a lot sturdier in the last 2 matches with Hill and Tronstad in particular coming into the side, and Sigurdsson appears to be a bit of a gem, so credit to GB for bringing these 3 into the club. It's great to see some Nordic players in the side again, following in the footsteps of Pedersen, Berg, Olsson, Bohinen, etc.

Yeah agreed. Think we can use the way we set up now as a base to avoid conceding early then if we need more penetration later in the game swap Hill out for one of Brittain or JRC and for all the overloads etc in the final third and go gung-ho. Gives us different options.

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah agreed. Think we can use the way we set up now as a base to avoid conceding early then if we need more penetration later in the game swap Hill out for one of Brittain or JRC and for all the overloads etc in the final third and go gung-ho. Gives us different options.

ide push brittain further up the flank and leave hill to play right back,he can be right menace going forward,take the defensive responsibilites of him and let him run

We're only 5 points from the top 6 - the table is pretty much irrelevant at this stage of the season (unless you're Leicester or Sheffield).

Let's concentrate on building on yesterday's result, getting a few bodies back from the treatment room and see where it takes us.

You can't convince me that we won't be within touching distance of the top 6 come May.

• Like 3

Its not irrelevant, thats just a managerial cliche. Obviously it is very volatile because there havent been that many points available but a win now counts as much as a win in 4 months.

Weve got 13 points from 11 games, an average of 1.18 a game. You need to average 1.52 points per game to hit 70 points (which often isnt enough) so we are well behind.

The only bodies of significance out (aside from Wharton who missed one game) are Gallagher and Hedges, neither of whom are consistent enough and especially the latter but both are out for a bit.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

We're only 5 points from the top 6 - the table is pretty much irrelevant at this stage of the season (unless you're Leicester or Sheffield).

Let's concentrate on building on yesterday's result, getting a few bodies back from the treatment room and see where it takes us.

You can't convince me that we won't be within touching distance of the top 6 come May.

You were born to post on this thread!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Andy said:

This time last year Coventry and Boro were in the bottom 3. Milwall was 17th. QPR and Reading were in the playoffs and Norwich 2nd

I am still calm about the situation. We will probably end up mid table-ish in my mind 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This time last year Coventry and Boro were in the bottom 3. Milwall was 17th. QPR and Reading were in the playoffs and Norwich 2nd

I am still calm about the situation. We will probably end up mid table-ish in my mind 

Next season we will be mid-table finishers.......... 

In the premier league.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You obviously don't deserve to win just by creating more chances than the opposition - it's our fault for not taking our chances and giving away soft goals.

Having said that, if we keep on creating the number of chances that we have been doing, then there's no way that we're going to carry on slumming it at the wrong end of the table. Giving a team a battering like we did to QPR has been on the cards for a bit, and we'll do it again before the season's done. 

Whether we can become clinical enough to make a genuine challenge to the top six is another question, but there's no way we can carry on playing as we are doing and not at least find ourselves stable in midtable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

You obviously don't deserve to win just by creating more chances than the opposition - it's our fault for not taking our chances and giving away soft goals.

Having said that, if we keep on creating the number of chances that we have been doing, then there's no way that we're going to carry on slumming it at the wrong end of the table. Giving a team a battering like we did to QPR has been on the cards for a bit, and we'll do it again before the season's done. 

Whether we can become clinical enough to make a genuine challenge to the top six is another question, but there's no way we can carry on playing as we are doing and not at least find ourselves stable in midtable. 

And that is you being optimistic !

Courtesy of Rovers TV I have watched 100% of every game this season including the Carabao Cup games on replay.

Leicester are better than us in most respects but even they would have found us a handful had they not got the breaks at all the best psychological moments and we hadn't passed up several chances. 

Other than that we have lost 5 other games we could just as easily have won and have not been bettered by any other side.

As pointed out above, the Championship table at this time last season below the dingles and blades bore little relationship to the table after 46 games.

Ipswich probably have enough points and momentum already to make the play offs but at some point they will get rumbled and their goals start to dry up.

2nd to 6th up for grabs.

• Like 3

Second though? This place was in despair a week ago, hurtling to relegation by all accounts, but we then hammered a team, which was just what we needed to calm some nerves.

We were nowhere near as bad as all that a week ago, but we aren’t finishing second either post spanking a terrible QPR either, especially as January sorts the wheat from the chaff and I don’t know about anyone else but in my view a strengthened squad for that far away football club they somehow still own will be the last thing on the mind’s of these owners.

We need a Realistic Thread to finish the set…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2