BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going up (the optimism thread)

• 3 weeks later...

Last Jan, we were very close to bringing in both Undav and O'Brien.

Just the former in this current side and the top 6 would be absolutely achievable.

This coming January is about as pivotal as any in recent history.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Just the former in this current side and the top 6 would be absolutely achievable.

Undav is a goal every 78 minutes in the Bundesliga. We may have gone up had he ended up here in Jan.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Would a 'General Rovers Discussion' thread be considered useful? Basically a thread to post random thoughts that people don't necessarily think would warrant their own thread or fit into an existing one. Most structured forums do have a thread like this, but I don't think we do. I feel like most topics people would want to discuss in regards to the club are covered somewhere though (JDT, match threads, season tickets, Waggott, the Trust, Burnley, the academy, transfers, various threads for former players) so I'm not sure how useful it would actually be.  

As noted previously, this thread is supposed to be for people to post optimistic takes without the need to defend themselves, so it isn't really designed for debate. A general discussion thread would be neutral to potentially facilitate that, but again, not sure whether it's actually needed.

5 hours ago, Andy said:

Depressing. I mean yay!

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any win at Stoke is a good win and another away ground we've emptied, 4 in a row.

When we score, when we score.

When we score one we'll score more.

There'll be a commotion when we win promotion.

So score, score, Rovers score.

👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Any win at Stoke is a good win and another away ground we've emptied, 4 in a row.

When we score, when we score.

When we score one we'll score more.

There'll be a commotion when we win promotion.

So score, score, Rovers score.

👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣👌🤣

Slightly more likely at line 3.

There'll be an assembly when we get to Wembley.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, philipl said:

W8 d1 L8 ought to not be a cause for optimism but the way JDT has this squad set up, we have every right to feel we are on the up.

It’s gone a little bit under the radar that we are almost as averse to draws as we were for the first half of last season. Last year we seemed to gel a bit more after the World Cup break and cut out some silly errors and despite the drop off in points we were more consistent.

Now the likes of Tronstad and Hill are integral parts of the team we look better organised. With a bit of overdue luck on the injury front and/or a couple of additions even on loan in January we definitely shouldn’t be seeing the playoffs as beyond us.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It’s gone a little bit under the radar that we are almost as averse to draws as we were for the first half of last season. Last year we seemed to gel a bit more after the World Cup break and cut out some silly errors and despite the drop off in points we were more consistent.

Now the likes of Tronstad and Hill are integral parts of the team we look better organised. With a bit of overdue luck on the injury front and/or a couple of additions even on loan in January we definitely shouldn’t be seeing the playoffs as beyond us.

With injuries, I dont think it is necessarily bad luck. We havent got a ridiculous injury crisis but 5 (Gallagher, Pears, Hedges, Ennis and Hyam, unless im missing someone) is more damaging to our small squad than it would be others. Plus we will be prone to more because a smaller squad has less scope for rotation. Plus 2 of the 5 are injury prone. Its a shame as our best side is very competitive, its just beyond that where we fall off. Looking at todays bench, the likes of Gamble and Duru made up the numbers and players like Markanday and Telalovic are not fancied.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

If we can finish strong in the second half of the season then we're in with a chance.

That would depend on reinforcements coming in January. We simply haven't the player resources to sustain a long run-in to promotion as it stands.

That, in turn, depends on Venkys so I have zero confidence about that.

Our target this season, as has been stated, is to remain in this division. I don't believe that matches JDT's ambition.

That makes me a pessimist I suppose but I prefer realist!

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

That would depend on reinforcements coming in January. We simply haven't the player resources to sustain a long run-in to promotion as it stands.

That, in turn, depends on Venkys so I have zero confidence about that.

Our target this season, as has been stated, is to remain in this division. I don't believe that matches JDT's ambition.

That makes me a pessimist I suppose but I prefer realist!

Given this is the optimistic thread, I was being optimistic.

The reality is there will most likely be no incomings in January and some outgoings for far less than they should be.

Conveniently the money venkys "pumped in" recently only lasts until the end of December.

I'm sure the government restrictions will go away again once the transfer window shuts.

14 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The reality is there will most likely be no incomings in January and some outgoings for far less than they should be.

Conveniently the money venkys "pumped in" recently only lasts until the end of December.

I'm sure the government restrictions will go away again once the transfer window shuts.

might depend on the Raya to Arsenal deal coming permanent and the sell-on money.....Ramsdale getting a run-out and flapping about like a drowning puppy might make this more likely

On 26/11/2023 at 01:15, roversfan99 said:

With injuries, I dont think it is necessarily bad luck. We havent got a ridiculous injury crisis but 5 (Gallagher, Pears, Hedges, Ennis and Hyam, unless im missing someone) is more damaging to our small squad than it would be others. Plus we will be prone to more because a smaller squad has less scope for rotation. Plus 2 of the 5 are injury prone. Its a shame as our best side is very competitive, its just beyond that where we fall off. Looking at todays bench, the likes of Gamble and Duru made up the numbers and players like Markanday and Telalovic are not fancied.

JRC and Barnes plus Whitehall and Cirino who would have through but for...

21 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I am being optimistic and telling you there are at least 2 January incomings.

Also watch for attempts at loans to buy.