BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going up (the optimism thread)

3 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

One word. Loans.

We need 2 attacking loan players through the door who are of good quality. 

Do that and spend any remaining money wisely on a permanent addition and this could be a promising season.

I do think we need defensive cover. Baath would have been a good player for that. And as you say two attacking loans, with one of them being a RW. And buy a striker with the cash.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy Plymouth game- at least let in one fewer goal than at Rotherham last season which is the nearest comparison (other 3-0 losses last season were proper thrashings).

All we need is for one of Ennis, Sigurddson and Telalovich to be consistently a significant level better than we had on the pitch yesterday in turning great build up play into on target attempts.

Presumably, all three have been signed by Broughton and the recruitment team because they believe everyone of them is a step up on what we have.

Early days but Moran and Leo look promising, Hall hopefully will gel into the defensive system wherever he plays and I have hopes Tronstad will get more attuned with the English game and how JDT plays.

No reason why Rovers fans shouldn't be optimistic and we should be looking for playoff place at least. We are creating chances game after game, so hopefully Telalovic can be the player we would like to be. Time will time 

I am very much enjoying how we are playing in attacking play apart from us not finishing our chances off

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I don’t think people have a lack of belief in JDT, but you say ‘more doom and gloom from Rovers fans’ as though we’re unique.

I’m surprised people would be delighted with the end to the window tbh, we’re still a fair way short, in terms of numbers and experience.

Are we short in terms of number really? 

Our is the squad 

Keepers - Pears, Wahlstedt, Hilton

RB - JRC, Brittain

CB - Hyam, Carter, Wharton, Hill

LB - Pickering, 

CM - Wharton, Travis, Tronstad, Garrett, 

RW - Hedges, Markanday

AM - Szmodics, Moran

LW - Sigurdsson, Dolan, 

ST - Gallagher, Telalovic, Ennis, Leonard

Plus some of those listed above can play a number of different positions, So that's a squad of 24 plus then add our few of our younger players like Batty, Gamble, Bloxham and Glisenan. So in terms we have squad. 

Its depends what you call Experience but we have Hyam, Szmodics, Hedges, Scott Wharton, Brittain, Pickering, Travis, Gallagher all experience in English football then Tronstad has top flight Dutch football experience and Sigurdsson has Champions League/international experience. 

Question is when does a player become experience player and what do you base it on. 

On the signings point, we secure 5 signings who were our first choices in Ennis, Tronstad, Sigurdsson, Wahlstedt and Moran. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Speaking of this, who is responsible for our squad listing on this website?

Screenshot 2023-09-04 131402.png

It's done through a subscription service - they should update it over time. We have flagged the Adam Wharton one a few times, disappointing they haven't updated it yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just reflecting and we haven't yet played any team that was better than us and all the points dropped have been self-inflicted.

If I can repeat this refrain after the QPR game before the next international break, we might be on to something this season irrespective of shopping in the remnants bin...

• Like 4

It's potentially encouraging and discouraging that our performances this season have been almost exclusively without any new signings. Only Ennis has made any contribution with his assist against Rotherham. 

We've seen the development of both individuals and in overall play when players are given time to understand JDTs ideas. I'd say there's a good chance some of our new signings will begin to have an impact as the season goes on. If they can do that we could have a promising season. On the other hand, it could be that shopping in the bargain bucket means they're not up to scratch. 

A couple of posters have assessed our squad in this thread. Rather than being very weak in some areas, I'd say we have a lot of question marks. 

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 1

The answers to the ? are the litmus test of the skills of Gregg Broughton and team and of JDT.

PLUS of the 7 individuals to work hard building physical strength and adapting to JDT ball and Championship opposition. 

I think both Moran and Telalovic were a bit shell shocked from fleeting Rovers TV glimpses of them at the end.

Compared with the other 5, Tronstad and Sigurddson have regular football at higher levels behind them but the Championship poses its own challenges. 

If we get all 7 up to standard, it's going to be a very competitive squad.

• Like 1

Last season we got better as the season went on - results didn't bear fruit but JDT's stamp was evident and we developed an identity.

As people have said above, if our new lads show the same trajectory and adaptation to JDT's ideas, we have the potential to do something pretty special. 

I keep forgetting we signed Sigurdsson - if he hits the ground running then it solves one of the huge problems we have in the final third. I'm very excited to see how it all pans out. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I've moved a significant amount of posts in here to the pessimism thread, as that is where they belong. This was supposed to be kept as an optimism-only zone, but I haven't really been checking it, so my bad. Instead of hiding a significant amount of posts I've moved most of them to the more relevent thread. 

• Like 2

It might sound mad after Ipswich but remove Pears from goal, everything clicks and I think we're away. Imperative jrc plays rb with freedom to move into midfield to make up the numbers.

Siggy is class and has the potential to do a Tella or Benson. Telavoic will start scoring and we are going up!

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

It might sound mad after Ipswich but remove Pears from goal, everything clicks and I think we're away. Imperative jrc plays rb with freedom to move into midfield to make up the numbers.

Soggy is class and has the potential to do a Tella or Benson. Telavoic will start scoring and we are going up!

I think the iffiness from Hyam recently has been Pears-related. I think it takes time for the relationship between the back four and Leo to develop but I have to hope that he’s at least as good with distribution and leagues ahead in terms of everything else. Which he might be, right? Right?!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the only thread I'm going to be checking for the next couple of weeks I think 🤣

Of course the recent run is cause for concern but I do feel like once everything clicks we could be a handy little side. 

Moran, siggy, Sammy, a fit Ennis is a decent front 4. I think there's a player in Markanday somewhere and if Dolan found his form again then that's not a bad back up. Midfield players are good just need the right balance and defence is good if a little lacking in depth. 

I think out best 11 fully fit and played in the right system would be unplayable. 

• Like 1