BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As a #10? They wouldn't be picking him up - I'm not asking him to play as a ST, he's far too small. 

I think his effective play is around the edge of the area, where he can cause panic but I think receiving the ball in there, he’d get pressed and bullied.

On the break, running at the defence, he could do a lot but we evidently don’t play that way.

Just now, ItsRoverZ said:

Wonder if going behind means a guaranteed loss again this season, we don't look like scoring so far

Well we're playing with an Academy ST that JDT didn't fancy last year upfront, flanked by a Spurs Academy player that couldn't crack it at Aberdeen and Dolan - so yeah, there's a good chance we're going to struggle for goals again this season!

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

I think his effective play is around the edge of the area, where he can cause panic but I think receiving the ball in there, he’d get pressed and bullied.

On the break, running at the defence, he could do a lot but we evidently don’t play that way.

He doesn't have the pace to worry any FB on the break - you see it with Dolan too, their RB is just pressing him when the ball is played into his feet because he has zero fear of Dolan spinning in behind. 

Another season and another collection of whimps. Can we sign some bloody men please.

After looking like Barcelona first 10mins we have been well and truly figured out. 

Dolan should be playing with the kids.

Host of changes at the half needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He doesn't have the pace to worry any FB on the break - you see it with Dolan too, their RB is just pressing him when the ball is played into his feet because he has zero fear of Dolan spinning in behind. 

I don’t think pace is 100% of the equation out wide anymore. I think Markanday is getting near to making better decisions when taking a man on, more often than not. Making the right decision can beat a man as often as being just a bit faster than your opposing number, if not more often.

Dolan needs a lot of work to help him along on that front, agreed. Looked very right early on and was trusting his instincts more. You can see him get worked up trying to find the right thing, rather than being instinctive and committing.

I think a few people need to calm down and relax. Yes, the performance hasn't been good enough but subbing Szmodics isn't the right way here or go 2 up front as under JDT we don't play with 2 up front. 

12 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I wish one of our lads would just hit the ball at goal, just one little shot from outside the area please lol

This Rotherham side got run ragged and slaughtered in their first game, they are now bullying the hell out of us 

We play possession based football under JDT. 

10 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Until Siggy returns we don’t even have a replacement for Szmodics.  

He plays on the Left wing

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We need quick wingers more.

This is why I would like to see a right winger with some pace but natural right footed to allow us outside of the defence.