BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leopold Wahlstedt. About Damn Time.

16 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wayne Rooney scored 11 Premier League goals as an 18 year old. What's your point?

My point is, and I'm sorry if it went over your head.

He looks a competent shot stopper no more no less, he is not impressive with the ball at his feet (not that big a deal in my opinion) makes bad decisions passing the ball out (with his hands). But on crosses he has looked utterly atrocious. People are refusing to allow him to be critisised as he is "only" 24 and goalkeeper develope late.

Pears btw is only a year older and has been getting pelters since he started playing for us 3 years ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blow-in said:

He looks a competent shot stopper no more no less, he is not impressive with the ball at his feet (not that big a deal in my opinion) makes bad decisions passing the ball out (with his hands). But on crosses he has looked utterly atrocious. People are refusing to allow him to be critisised as he is "only" 24 and goalkeeper develope late.

Pears btw is only a year older and has been getting pelters since he started playing for us 3 years ago.

Kaminski was perfect for us and we've dropped a big one there. All about Venkys, nothing about the interests of the Club, who, after all, did not splurge £7M on a house they'll hardly use.

If they'd splurged £7M on a striker and kept Kaminski we'd be on our way to top 6 at least.

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Kaminski was perfect for us and we've dropped a big one there. All about Venkys, nothing about the interests of the Club, who, after all, did not splurge £7M on a house they'll hardly use.

If they'd splurged £7M on a striker and kept Kaminski we'd be on our way to top 6 at least.

difficult to  keep a player if a premier league club comes in for him(luton i know,but it`s still top flight football,with bigger wages as well)

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

At least the house won't fuck off to new owners when it's contract expires because the owners are so incompetent that they forgot they owned a house in the first place 🙂 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

difficult to  keep a player if a premier league club comes in for him(luton i know,but it`s still top flight football,with bigger wages as well)

Was he still contracted to us though? Arguably best keeper since Brad that we've had. You could argue Raya but he was still developing.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Was he still contracted to us though? Arguably best keeper since Brad that we've had. You could argue Raya but he was still developing.

yes he was but if a player wants to leave  the manager does`nt really have a choice,you can either refuse and risk keeping an unhappy player who wants away or sell him and get the money

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

yes he was but if a player wants to leave  the manager does`nt really have a choice,you can either refuse and risk keeping an unhappy player who wants away or sell him and get the money

It doesn't matter what choice the manager has, because the only viable option is to get on with things to the best of your ability.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I don't know if he wanted to go or not. Maybe he's a workaholic---he'll need to be, at the heart of Luton's defence!

But if he'd stayed here and if we had a decent striker maybe he'd only have had to wait a season to fulfil his dream.

That's the level of thinking and expectation that we should be embracing. In any case, under Venkys, several contracted players have asked away and its been refused. What's different this time?---Venkys spent £7M on a house!

On 09/11/2023 at 15:25, Blow-in said:

My point is, and I'm sorry if it went over your head, that you cherry picked one of the best Goalkeepers in the world as a comparison. 

He's significantly better than Pears.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2023 at 20:21, Blow-in said:

At least the house won't fuck off to new owners when it's contract expires because the owners are so incompetent that they forgot they owned a house in the first place 🙂 

No they just lost the 7 million all the same though after one of similar value has been taken off them.

Fools and their money eh.

• Like 1

He didn’t get dropped. He was having a poor run supposedly due to playing with an injury, he was excellent prior to that.

He’s far superior to these two (oh and Raya dropped a few clangers himself, that’s modern goalkeeping for you).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

He is still a boy learning on the job," Tomasson said. "Every game is a new experience for him. Playing in Norway, the stadiums are not that full and even today, that's a lot of people for him.

"I think he is progressing and I think he did a very good job today."

From 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23986707.tomasson-praises-blackburn-defender-resurgent-form/

• Like 2

It's been good to see his improvement in such a short space of time.

As a fanbase, we've been spoiled with some incredible GKs over the years, so it's a very, very high bar.

But I like Leo, I think he has some really good raw attributes and his performance against Bristol meant that we took the 3 points.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andy said:

It's been good to see his improvement in such a short space of time.

As a fanbase, we've been spoiled with some incredible GKs over the years, so it's a very, very high bar.

But I like Leo, I think he has some really good raw attributes and his performance against Bristol meant that we took the 3 points.

We've a high bar here but we did have arguably the best keeper in the world at one time.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Definitely - in the World Cup in Japan he was the best.

Tbf Khan was exceptional there too. It was close between them. Believe Khan won the award, but being in a better team will help that.

Duff was the best LW in the world at that point too for me.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf Khan was exceptional there too. It was close between them. Believe Khan won the award, but being in a better team will help that.

Duff was the best LW in the world at that point too for me.

Agree. Definitely felt Friedel and Duff were the best in the world in their position at that time. 

• Like 2

On 15/12/2023 at 09:22, LeftWinger said:

Agree. Definitely felt Friedel and Duff were the best in the world in their position at that time. 

Not at the same time , but would anyone have traded Alan Shearer for anyone else while we had him?

So just worlds best CD to go.

• Like 2