BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leopold Wahlstedt. About Damn Time.

After watching the video I can't help but feel that in itself has delayed the announcement, some obscure inclusions in it - maybe we were scrambling round to find ex players who we still had a phone number for that weren't currently on holiday......

Thanks

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Now for the debate, Leo or Pears?

It's Pears' shirt to lose at the moment. He's also the senior of the two goalkeepers, if only slightly.

Tomasson's comments also suggest we won't be making any immediate changes: "Every player coming into the building needs that little bit of time, and that’s something we saw last season. We’ll give the boy a bit of time, but we’re really excited to have him."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

So basically £750, 000 worth of player sat on the bench when we desperately need a forward 

We have Brittain sat on the bench too and he cost similar. 

He'll beat Pears out soon enough - it won't take long to establish himself as the better GK.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We have Brittain sat on the bench too and he cost similar. 

He'll beat Pears out soon enough - it won't take long to establish himself as the better GK.

Can someone do a poll for how many fuck ups Pears will make before JDT puts him back on the bench?

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

Can someone do a poll for how many fuck ups Pears will make before JDT puts him back on the bench?

Let me rephrase what I originally wrote to be a bit more diplomatic. I don't think Pears deserves this kind of stick, which is essentially being referred to as a fuck-up merchant when he has largely proved that he isn't. I think it's totally unwarranted to have a poll about how many "fuck-ups" our established goalkeeper that kept Kaminski out of the side last season will make.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, J*B said:

Then a pole for how many fuck-ups Leo does before Pears is re-instated.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

very highly rated is leopold,potentially a very good keeper but a bit of a hothead,imo he`ll have the no1 jersey by october,like it`s been said,he cost plently of money so he`s not a backup keeper,let battle commence for the spot

Don't think it'll be much of a battle, tbh.

Leo will get the shirt, Pears will go back to being number 2 and normal service will resume.

Excellent deal. We'll get 2-3 good seasons from him and sell at a massive profit (even with 15% of it going to his old club).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very happy that Leo has signed, He will need time to understand how we play and what JDT wants from him. 

He still need International clearance and Visa application to happen now. This will take time

How we play? He's a keeper.  He saves a shot and rolls it out to a defender 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hi Tony 👋🏻 

That's what I was thinking.  That was Mowbray's attitude.  It was only an excuse to keep his favourites in the team.  Jdt doesn't go for all that take time to learn our style bollocks.  If he's good enough he's in

Interesting bit of useless information for those who may be worried that Pears being given the #1 shirt means that he will be first choice

Leo wore the number 12 at Odd, so it may be a favourite/lucky number or superstition for him.  Which would maybe explain why Pears is #1 and Wahlstedt #12 at Rovers

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leopold-wahlstedt/rueckennummern/spieler/441892

17 hours ago, goozburger said:

Let me rephrase what I originally wrote to be a bit more diplomatic. I don't think Pears deserves this kind of stick, which is essentially being referred to as a fuck-up merchant when he has largely proved that he isn't. I think it's totally unwarranted to have a poll about how many "fuck-ups" our established goalkeeper that kept Kaminski out of the side last season will make.

Maybe it's not diplomatic, but my first thought was, 'I really hope that when the clanger happens that sees Pears replaced as #1 is when we're already 3 nil up!'

• 2 months later...