BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semir Telalovic

8 hours ago, Andy said:

He'd been playing at a higher level than Jamie Vardy (with a similar scoring record), prior to him signing for Fleetwood.

Rough diamonds are out there.
Telalovic probably isn't one of them, but it's sometimes worth a punt.

You are correct and if we had bought him as well as bringing in first team ready strikers at the same time then I'd agree with you but we didnt. He was thrown in not in the deep end but into the middle of ocean and it appears to have swallowed him. In Janurary he should have been sent out on loan but again we kept him as a first team player, which this season has been a disaster.

• Like 1

He has been absolutely awful in games too. As youd expect from a player signed from the German 4th division.

There was no reason to not bring other attacking players on and sacrifice a centre back though, it is just Eustace for you.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has been absolutely awful in games too. As youd expect from a player signed from the German 4th division.

There was no reason to not bring other attacking players on and sacrifice a centre back though, it is just Eustace for you.

I don't think he's been awful. He's not been good, but not terrible. To be perfectly honest, I don't notice a huge difference between him and Gallagher. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

We've had two coaches now who seem extremely reluctant to put Telalovic on the pitch, which probably says something. Does make you wonder what the recruitment team were thinking spending any of our limited money on him though. Might as well have kept Vale around - from memory he didn't go out on loan until 01/09, so we could have just decided to hold onto him if Telalovic was our only other achievable target.

I think he looks tidy. Holds the ball and links up play. Would be happy to give him a run of games through the middle. Let Gallagher run around pressing not scoring goals.. Because that's what all the best strikers do.. Press defenders and consequently are rarely in the right position.. 

Looks to have the physical attitudes to compete and his hold up play improved after his first few outings.

But he hasn't got it between the ears, his positioning may be worse than gally. The lad is so far off the pace of the game and his technical ability is limited.

I'd have chucked markanday on before him on Saturday.

3 hours ago, DE. said:

We've had two coaches now who seem extremely reluctant to put Telalovic on the pitch, which probably says something. Does make you wonder what the recruitment team were thinking spending any of our limited money on him though. Might as well have kept Vale around - from memory he didn't go out on loan until 01/09, so we could have just decided to hold onto him if Telalovic was our only other achievable target.

But JDT at least put Telalovic on the pitch. I think Eustace just doesn't like making attacking changes. We've been in situations where we've been down by more than a goal and he still won't make a forward-thinking change. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

But JDT at least put Telalovic on the pitch. I think Eustace just doesn't like making attacking changes. We've been in situations where we've been down by more than a goal and he still won't make a forward-thinking change. 

Hard to say if true. For me Eustace has played for a point in every single game. Don't lose and then points add up to safety.

We won't know until next season if that his style and mentality or not.

Telalovic is rubbish though. So is Gally as a striker. Only on the pitch due to seniority and no other strikers. Fully expect him leading the line next season.

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Hard to say if true. For me Eustace has played for a point in every single game. Don't lose and then points add up to safety.

We won't know until next season if that his style and mentality or not.

Telalovic is rubbish though. So is Gally as a striker. Only on the pitch due to seniority and no other strikers. Fully expect him leading the line next season.

That is his style and mentality. He's been here for half a season and hasn't even attempted to win a single game.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

I don't think he's been awful. He's not been good, but not terrible. To be perfectly honest, I don't notice a huge difference between him and Gallagher. 

Agreed.

Gallagher hasn't scored in his last 13 starts nor has he remotely looked like doing so. Therefore in the unlikely event that Telalovic had been afforded such a generous amount of game time over the same period he couldn't possibly have done any worse!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DE. said:

Rovers had a choice to make between a loan striker from la Liga aged 31 or Telalovic and JDT/GB picked Telalovic. I don't know who this 31 aged La Liga striker was. 

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers had a choice to make between a loan striker from la Liga aged 31 or Telalovic and JDT/GB picked Telalovic. I don't know who this 31 aged La Liga striker was. 

I very much doubt that JDT and The Egg made that choice. 

That has venkys written all over it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I very much doubt that JDT and The Egg made that choice. 

That has venkys written all over it.

Venky's wouldn't have known Telalovic from an Assam Valley tea-tinged fart in the wind, unless they somehow owned an interest in him.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Another Broughton master stroke. At least Telalovic wasn’t his major striking target. That was Ennis.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT choice to for Telalovic 

At best, JDT got given a choice between two pieces of shit and got asked which one he wanted. It’s up to Broughton and his team to find and suggest the players, not JDT. Sorry but I don’t suck up what Broughton and Waggot say like a salivating lap dog.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

At best, JDT got given a choice between two pieces of shit and got asked which one he wanted. It’s up to Broughton and his team to find and suggest the players, not JDT. Sorry but I don’t suck up what Broughton and Waggot say like a salivating lap dog.

Everything they say is intended to pass the buck onto someone else. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It was JDT choice between the 2 players. That's GB public comments. Who the La Liga striker I don't know but find a few possibilities it could be tho.