BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I accept what you are saying about people losing their jobs and nobody in their right mind wants that but in my view we need something to happen sooner rather than later. If they do get approval from the Indian judge what about next time and the time after that. Nobody with Rovers at heart can relax and feel confident whilst they are the owners. There can't be any forward planning due to the uncertainty they create. 

Which all begs the question why they don't test the water and put us up for sale, cut their losses and crawl back under the stone from where they came.

Also the judge is only looking at pre-existing contracts and day to day running costs. At the moment I don't think we can enter into new contracts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phili said:

Also the judge is only looking at pre-existing contracts and day to day running costs. At the moment I don't think we can enter into new contracts.

In which case how can we sign any players? Even loanees have come into the club recently so this must not be right.

And before anyone tries to pile in, this is absolutely 100% not a defence of Venkys. They are undefendable as owners as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

If Venky’s truly wanted the very best for our club, they should take a step back, look at the current situation regarding their ownership and difficulties in funding the club - and begin the process of looking for the right people, with the right backing, to take over from them - thereby taking as much risk out of this situation as possible.

If not now, when?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

In which case how can we sign any players? Even loanees have come into the club recently so this must not be right.

And before anyone tries to pile in, this is absolutely 100% not a defence of Venkys. They are undefendable as owners as far as I'm concerned.

One out / one in on similar money.

So now you don't report on things as it would be 'sensationalist' (isn't that exactly what a journalist would want, a big sensational bit of news dropping into his lap getting everyone talking?)

And the information has been available for 9 months, yet none of the people paid to find this sort of thing did anything and it once again was found by people digging online.

They don't deserve to call themselves journalists.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Elliot saying reporting on the threat of a winding order would be sensationalist as the information has been readily available for 9 months.

This is what we're up against.

The very fact it has happened should be enough for anyone with a Rovers connection to be worried. It really doesn't matter how long the information has been available  - we were threatened with administration - that should be a red flag to him.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Elliot saying reporting on the threat of a winding order would be sensationalist as the information has been readily available for 9 months.

This is what we're up against.

Much more like: It would highlight their own incompetence in not finding out about something "in the public domain" and actually, you know, reporting it. journalistic incompetence or 'hush money' from the club/owners? I really don't see an alternative explanation.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought journo 101 was ‘publishing in the public interest’.

So it comes to light that a football club with tens of thousands of supporters in his patch is being threatened with a winding up order by the UK authorities, in black and white on a court document, but this is not in said public interest? 

Spineless.

What no ones seem to be looking at is we were on an agreed payment plan and couldn't make the payments. So for how long have our money troubles been going on for.

For them to threaten that is normally 30-45 days after a missed payment on a plan. So our cashflow troubles go back a long way before Venky's had the Indian tax issue.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

First mention I've seen of money laundering in any publication.

Judge Amit Mahajan agreed to allow the tax bill to be settled, but insisted on a bond for the same amount to be lodged with the Directorate of Enforcement (ED), an arm of the Indian government set up to target money laundering. The bond would be forfeited if it emerged the money was used for another purpose.

Follow that to the letter of the law and assuming it applies every quarter, it means the £20m will now mean they need to cough up £40m per season.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

That's Waggott speaking. There are plenty of hardcore Rovers fans still unaware of what went on behind the scenes after Venkys took control. The LT is frightened to death of losing its press accreditation at Rovers so they only print what they're allowed to. In wartime they call it censorship. Useless paper.

Amen.

Feel like we've lost a local reporter with a backbone.

• Like 2

So if we had 17,000 at Ewood every week instead of 13,000 we’d be spending our way to promotion?

I refer you back to my previous ‘most fans have always been clueless but they now have a social media loudspeaker to amplify their cluelessness’.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I accept what you are saying about people losing their jobs and nobody in their right mind wants that but in my view we need something to happen sooner rather than later. If they do get approval from the Indian judge what about next time and the time after that. Nobody with Rovers at heart can relax and feel confident whilst they are the owners. There can't be any forward planning due to the uncertainty they create. 

Which all begs the question why they don't test the water and put us up for sale, cut their losses and crawl back under the stone from where they came.

I mention Preston because their owners have underwritten £80m of losses in recent years and point to the general challenge clubs of our size and location face. There are no easy answers with or without Venky’s ownership and we need to be able to function as a club without their financial underpinnings. It can be done as Luton, Brentford and others have demonstrated, but I’m not sure how we fill that gap for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

Not sure if this comment has been posted but blows my mind the thought process of some fans 

IMG_0284.thumb.png.4754ad9e59f63dfd7c80f84f9b441f36.png 

Some people are very gullible.

Luton had an average attendance of something like 10,000 last year. Not much spent on transfers. But they were and are very well run (post a takeover when the club was at it's lowest ebb).

This is why we need change. It is the ownership and leadership of our club that is to blame and not the fans (albeit we don't all help the situation, all the time!)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Let's put pressure on this tweet and get Elliot to acknowledge it.

https://twitter.com/langhorovers/status/1747922362224291997?t=iNVhQr4PpC3rp9SsjQWN4g&s=19

The issue on experience is down to the owners who wont authorise deals for older players as shown with the Batth deal.

Waggott is just a fairly powerless clown but the issues are above his head and he seems as clueless as anyone else regarding what the owners ie the real problem are likely to do next.

I think there is an inevitable outcome that eventually the Directorate of Enforcement will eventually get round to examining Rovers. My reading of the situation is that once that happens no funds at all will be able to be sent overseas to keep us going.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can guarantee if venkys ****** off there would be another 5/6 thousand fans on the the next home gate,those two brainwashed muppets clancy and his mate  hav`nt got  a scooby doo about the situation

There wouldn't...same was said about kean being sacked

• Like 1