BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And the fans . I phoned a lad who goes on the away coach with me and said there’s a lad bringing a venkys out banner . His response was I hope someone hits him. Then the we wouldn’t have a club without venkys spiel. When I said am guna go and hold it with him he looked at me like I’d gone into his living room and shit in his kids dinner. I really think we are in a very small minority outside of this forum

Doesn't sound like a Rovers fan to me.

A Dingle in disguise.

At the end of the day no matter what happens, we know that the whole time we've been on the right side of this.

Anyone who is pro venkys in any way is not a Rovers fan. End of.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I thought there were more stewards on Saturday in the home ends...

How much coverage will this game get ? I thought it was only on the Welsh speaking channel on Monday night ...

It's available generally via BBC iplayer and it's on BBC One Wales, so that can be accessed readily, via Sky etc.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Doesn't sound like a Rovers fan to me.

A Dingle in disguise.

At the end of the day no matter what happens, we know that the whole time we've been on the right side of this.

Anyone who is pro venkys in any way is not a Rovers fan. End of.

IMG_2568.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Now that's the scarf everyone should have.

Where's it from?

I bought it from the fox and hound . They used to sell them when the last lot of protests we did with the Blackpool fans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I bought it from the fox and hound . They used to sell them when the last lot of protests we did with the Blackpool fans

Get them going again.

It'll start small but it will grow.

Eventually enough people will realise how fucking stupid they look by denying reality.

After thirteen years there isn't any chance of things improving. It's just been downgrade after downgrade.

4 minutes ago, phili said:

In the past 12 months there have been 4 enquiries for the club, 2 from American Consortiums, 1 from a Middle Eastern consortium and 1 from a UK based consortium. On each occasion Venky's haven't bothered even responding. There is interest in buying us, unfortunately we have Venky's as owners and they aren't interested in selling.

The only way this purgatory is going to end is if Venky's are forced to put the club into administration other than that there is no chance of them selling their baby sadly.

This is exactly how I see things and is the reason why I'm hoping the judge says NO. Short term pain for long term gain. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, phili said:

In the past 12 months there have been 4 enquiries for the club, 2 from American Consortiums, 1 from a Middle Eastern consortium and 1 from a UK based consortium. On each occasion Venky's haven't bothered even responding. There is interest in buying us, unfortunately we have Venky's as owners and they aren't interested in selling.

The only way this purgatory is going to end is if Venky's are forced to put the club into administration other than that there is no chance of them selling their baby sadly.

That's the first I've seen about any interest recently  - is this public knowledge?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phili said:

I'm not doubting your knowledge at all, but if this could be corroborated and released to the masses it's a big deal and also one in the eye for the tossers that currently own us.

31 minutes ago, phili said:

Agreed, as I've said before.

13 years of being treated like shit and now people are expecting them to do the decent thing? No chance

6 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I'm not doubting your knowledge at all, but if this could be corroborated and released to the masses it's a big deal and also one in the eye for the tossers that currently own us.

If there has been genuine interest then it would really  be up to the interested parties to make their interest known and ramp up pressure on the V's. I'd heard previously also they'd never sell they seemed to see the Club as something that would be passed down through the generations.

If they were ever going to be minded to sell though you'd assume it would be now given the hassle they're getting off the authorities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If there has been genuine interest then it would really  be up to the interested parties to make their interest known and ramp up pressure on the V's. I'd heard previously also they'd never sell they seemed to see the Club as something that would be passed down through the generations.

If they were ever going to be minded to sell though you'd assume it would be now given the hassle they're getting off the authorities.

I believe the enquiries have been early stage are you open to selling enquiries and have not received a response. So I don't think they are open to selling.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's the first I've seen about any interest recently  - is this public knowledge?

Just from a friend who told me about the sale and lease back of Brockhall. We were discussing the Venky's out campaign and how it will fall on deaf ears as they simply don't listen or just ignore people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phili said:

I believe the enquiries have been early stage are you open to selling enquiries and have not received a response. So I don't think they are open to selling.

That was most definitely my understanding in the past as well. Suppose we'll have to see if recent developments have tested their resolve.

Even as a toy to be passed down through the generations it can't be that much fun owning a Club with little or no money that isn't allowed to spend on transfers.

Perhaps Venkys just enjoy seeing us suffer .....

At the time of the infamous "snowball" incident a (non Rovers supporter) friend of mine who did a lot of business in India said that it would be seen as a serious public humiliation which they  would never forgive (or forget) because of the cultural importance of respect/status to them.

I thought he was joking, but maybe not.....

• Like 5

If there is genuine tangible interest in the club that is massive and could sway the "what would we do without the venkys" crowd

I'd just love to know what they want with the club. Are they too embarrassed to sell?