BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

If that court date has been put back it's because its been agreed by all party's.

Why rush when you know you can force the club to generate its money via a player sale, this is looking like another stitch up.

I hope i'm proved wrong.

• Like 5

If Adam Wharton is a true Rovers fan, perhaps he will turn down any transfer, and force the club into liquidation when they cannot pay the bills. We could then all chip in to get him a statue next to Uncle Jacks.

• Like 7

I'm sorry but how the hell do they run up a 26 million tax bill that's an outrageous figure and basically we'd have been in admin before now.

Nice planted excuse though to cash in on what players you can....

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If that court date has been put back it's because its been agreed by all party's.

Why rush when you know you can force the club to generate its money via a player sale, this is looking like another stitch up.

I hope i'm proved wrong.

Not necessarily.

One party can request it and its up to the judge to accept it (or not) if the other party doesn't agree.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sorry but how the hell do they run up a 26 million tax bill that's an outrageous figure and basically we'd have been in admin before now.

Nice planted excuse though to cash in on what players you can....

Is that figure correct?

4 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

Not necessarily.

One party can request it and its up to the judge to accept it (or not) if the other party doesn't agree.

Who would want to adjourn it?

We have Venky's lawyers asking for permission to send money that we know is pissed up against the wall and maybe ED saying, we want them to keep the money in India, whist we investigate them.

There must be a valid reason for them insisting on a bond each time too, so to me, there is a BIG issue here, not a simple adjournment.

Remember last time , it was stated that the funds needed to be sent to protect their investment and that is a lie, simple as that.

Perhaps they have been rumbled, during the last 3 months

11 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

Not necessarily.

So it looks like if that's the case then hes agreed and why wouldn't he its no skin of his nose it's not a criminal trial just a routine hearing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

Who would want to adjourn it?

We have Venky's lawyers asking for permission to send money that we know is pissed up against the wall and maybe ED saying, we want them to keep the money in India, whist we investigate them.

There must be a valid reason for them insisting on a bond each time too, so to me, there is a BIG issue here, not a simple adjournment.

Remember last time , it was stated that the funds needed to be sent to protect their investment and that is a lie, simple as that.

Perhaps they have been rumbled, during the last 3 months

It SOUNDS as though the Court themselves have adjourned it due to lack of Court time rather than at the request of either party although maybe it will become clearer over the coming days.

I wouldn't say it's a lie to say funds need to be sent to "protect their investment" as presumably without it we're in danger of going tits up.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It SOUNDS as though the Court themselves have adjourned it due to lack of Court time rather than at the request of either party although maybe it will become clearer over the coming days.

I wouldn't say it's a lie to say funds need to be sent to "protect their investment" as presumably without it we're in danger of going tits up.

I think the last one was delayed 3 times before the court appearance and approval. So I can see this being delayed quite easily till June/July before approval to send the cash comes through.

Where this puts our cash flow I have no idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

The October tranche of funds is not on companies house. Perhaps because they are not creating additional shares with these transfers.

Could it not be part of the confirmation statement dated 13th October? (Venky London Limited)

Or is that date too early in October (I can’t remember the court date)

3 minutes ago, phili said:

I think the last one was delayed 3 times before the court appearance and approval. So I can see this being delayed quite easily till June/July before approval to send the cash comes through.

Where this puts our cash flow I have no idea.

Adam Wharton solves that.

Here’s a link to the Rovers section of the podcast. I’ve shared it from 17:20, this is the start of the talk about us.

Kieran Maguire mentions his source has told him about the unpaid £26m tax bill, as mentioned by other posters.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Venkys now have an excuse to sell all our assets.

How likely is admin? Or a points deduction 

Less likely because of point A, we have enough assets to sell for now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Polky said:

Here’s a link to the Rovers section of the podcast. I’ve shared it from 17:20, this is the start of the talk about us.

Kieran Maguire mentions his source has told him about the unpaid £26m tax bill, as mentioned by other posters.

I can’t listen right now - does it say what this tax relates to?

Certainly can’t be on profits!

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Polky said:

Well, they have always paid the bills....What about the agent free for all, refusal to listen to people who cared, so many terrible decisions, low grade appointments, interfering with on field matters, dumbing down and the slow lingering death...and loss of support??!!

Fck off, Kieron, do some proper research!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I can’t listen right now - does it say what this tax relates to?

Certainly can’t be on profits!

Just says "allegations" of an unpaid £26m tax bill. Nothing to substantiate it.

Interesting listen overall though.

• Like 1

Some suggesting on twitter we would get funds now based on previous ruling?

I'm not sure that's correct but dont know its incorrect either. . Pretty sure SW said we had to provide substantiation to each claim and given they granted the funds on the previous bills, surely they won't just grant another 11 million blindly in absence of the hearing?

I genuinely don't know their laws .

Anyone more legally minded know the likelihood of the above scenario?

Iv'e said before McGuire really isn't the gospel on these things he just rehashes stuff already out there without any meat on the bones.

You genuinely learn more from a few on here and i assume that's a source for him as well.

• Like 5