BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

What is the difference in funding Rovers from India whilst funding and having large business interests in the USA and Europe?

Strikingly obvious is the fact they don't need 15/20 million per year EVERY year.

Also there'll be evidence of those businesses generating returns or growing their base due to investment and that's something that cannot be said of funding this football club.

I'd say it's the eye watering amounts and the continued need for them that has caught the govts attention.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Strikingly obvious is the fact they don't need 15/20 million per year EVERY year.

Also there'll be evidence of those businesses generating returns or growing their base due to investment and that's something that cannot be said of funding this football club.

I'd say it's the eye watering amounts and the continued need for them that has caught the govts attention.

That and breaking FEMA regulations 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

What is the difference in funding Rovers from India whilst funding and having large business interests in the USA and Europe?

For every £ invested in Rovers they are likely to get around 15p back, based on today value.. They are telling the court they are protecting their investment, by sending the funds, but hopefully that little porky has been rumbled.

Given the bond and also given the little lie they have spun, they may well live to regret that statement, as it could cost them the value of the bond, but we shall see.

3 hours ago, Mr Cool said:

Perhaps Jerome can find Venkys a buyer.

You don't need Jerome to find them a buyer.

I know of two potential buyers.

But you wouldn't want them at Rovers because the club would just be a feeder in an international stable of clubs.

9 minutes ago, philipl said:

But you wouldn't want them at Rovers because the club would just be a feeder in an international stable of clubs.

There's currently a very, very short list of people I wouldn't want at Rovers rather than the current lot, and I doubt people running other clubs with a degree of professionalism would be on that list.

Almost anything better than the purgatory inflicted by the current regime.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's currently a very, very short list of people I wouldn't want at Rovers rather than the current lot, and I doubt people running other clubs with a degree of professionalism would be on that list.

Almost anything better than the purgatory inflicted by the current regime.

There are plenty of owners as bad as and worse than Venkys. 

I remember the days when “anyone is better than the Walker trust”. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, philipl said:

girona are one such club,i certainly would`nt complain if we progressed to their level🙂

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, philipl said:

If Venky's decide to sell the club, as they're unable to fund it, I'm guessing it would be their decision who they sell the club to.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, toogs said:

There are plenty of owners as bad as and worse than Venkys. 

I remember the days when “anyone is better than the Walker trust”. 

Not sure many were saying "anyone is better than the Walker trust" although they needed to go. They didn't want to be here and Rovers needs committed people not part timers looking for an exit.

How many of the current 92 would you class as worse than Venkys?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not sure many were saying "anyone is better than the Walker trust" although they needed to go. They didn't want to be here and Rovers needs committed people not part timers looking for an exit.

The current 92 arent going to buy us. I meant potential owners if you need some clarification. My bad. 

Plenty wanted rid of the Walker trust.  I pointed out the alternatives could well be a lot worse  

• Like 3

Reflecting on this there is no reason why between now and August that should they so wish they can apply to the court to send funds to the club. The hearing in August is more about the Fema case

I'm sorry guys ...i don't see us being sold unless someone with serious financial and political clout steps in and make them an offer through political channels which they can't refuse for the sake of the parent company. 

If i was in their shoes the only exit i see is liquidation .. not even Administration as both administration and sale will open the books over 10 years minimum. For that the EFL needs to step in , who's fit and proper test these guys cleared. Its a total mess which is why i'm still praying for a sovereign wealth fund like the BAHRAINI or Brunei or some royalty to get interested in us for their public image 

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

In the name of God, go!!!!

To complete the quote "You have been here too long for all the good you have done, in the name of God ..GO!"

Oliver Cromwell to the Long Parliament. 1660!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Red Bull Blackburn?

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Whereas at this point we are a feeder for anyone with any spare cash just to pay the bills,

• Like 4

2 hours ago, miqaayil said:

I'm sorry guys ...i don't see us being sold unless someone with serious financial and political clout steps in and make them an offer through political channels which they can't refuse for the sake of the parent company. 

If i was in their shoes the only exit i see is liquidation .. not even Administration as both administration and sale will open the books over 10 years minimum. For that the EFL needs to step in , who's fit and proper test these guys cleared. Its a total mess which is why i'm still praying for a sovereign wealth fund like the BAHRAINI or Brunei or some royalty to get interested in us for their public image 

Who has to see the books in a sale? Just the buyer's legal / finance team, right? What are the legalities here?

Hypothetically speaking - if they did sell it to someone (dreamland being a local business owner), could they not simply come to a gentleman's agreement that whatever they find in said books isn't released to the public / government? i.e. "yes, you've used Rovers to siphon money out of the parent company with your incredibly dodgy, flat, £20m 'debt' every year, but we won't tell anyone 'cos we're desperate to buy the club and get you gone".

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't recall anyone saying "anyone is better than the Walker Trust" - it was more that they CLEARLY didn't want us in their portfolio as we were costing them money. 

• Like 1