BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

I don't understand this D of F nonsense...Just get rid of the role !

It was better when Glen Mullan played the role, we actually brought in a goalscorer then.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The biggest question is when and how do we get these repulsive owners and their stooges out of Blackburn Rovers. Because until or unless they do this club will continue to wither and decay.

Nothing else really matters, of course some spending in the interim might help stave off League One for a few more years, as might some shrewd signings and management, but they'll find a way, eventually, to undermine that through further budget cuts and appalling decision making.

Yes we all wanted new owners but how do you get rid of people based in India? 

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The next question is if they are appointing a new D of F to replace Broughton is there any point? If Broughton is leaving because there's no money and his job was made impossible then what's the point in getting a new one?

If we're getting rid of Broughton because he wasn't up to the job, too inexperienced or not well connected enough then why are we apparently considering appointing a total rookie to the role instead?

Yes there is plenty of point replacing the DoF. We need one. Eustace is head coach and wants to be the training field not dealing with transfers and agents

Who says we are consider a rookie? 

12 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Won’t be a rookie to the job. Will be experienced. Money is available to spend so that is utter nonsense in the BBC story. 

Gregg was the one who was pals with JDT BEFORE his appointment and recommended him to the club. The Apple never falls too far from the tree…

Chaddy - can’t name names yet but impressed with the shortlist. 

Fair enough. Thanks for info

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm impressed - it's not even been announced yet and you're already positioning yourself to toe the party line. Great work. 

No what I want is for our head coach to be backed in the transfer market and to have a better season than last season. 

Toe the party line? Look at my comments on ST not being on sale or price they should be, or commercial operation of Rovers being very poor. Toe the party line I don't think so

and who exactly will make the decision on Broughton’s replacement? 

Very likely the same guy who recommended him in the first place.That tells all we need to know about this set up.

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

If you remember some time at the start of this year, I was given some info around the issues in India and a few other bits around the club.
Despite taking some grief for being 'cryptic / ITK bollocks' I just purely passed on the info I was given.
And, in fairness, it was almost exclusively bob-on.

We've not been in contact for a little bit, but I've literally had the below though tonight on both Silvester and Broughton.
Feel free to disregard it if you so wish, but I'm told:

Silvester sacked. Was sacked straight after the Maguire fiasco.
However, club had to follow disciplinary procedure as he is an employee and not like a manager or player you can dismiss.
He then went off long term sick and eventually dismissed.
Club didn’t want to announce it due to where we were in the league.

Broughton sacked.
Failed in his signings (Wahlstead bought in on same salary as Kaminski!!) and lots more that have failed.
Broughton ran out of Ewood as fast as he could and now trying to throw the club under the bus, similar to the JDT trick.

Appreciate you’re just passing this on, but just to pick at a few points from your source’s assertions: “club didn’t want to announce it due to where we were in the league” means what exactly? Fan uproar around “club legend, Ian Silvester” being ousted? They’d have probably sold more tickets announcing someone was losing their job over Maguire.

”throwing the club under the bus, similar to the JDT trick” - firstly, is that the bus we paid to be tricked out and loaned out by the real owner when we weren’t using it? Second; have either thrown the club under the bus or is Waggott so spineless that he can’t convince his paymasters to invest in the club he’s supposed to be stewarding?

Only you can answer this - what motive has your source got to make it seem like Waggott and Suhail are earnestly keeping the club on course and make it seem like it’s everyone else at fault? Because there’s only so many times that you can blame everyone else before the real common denominator becomes apparent. I think you’re receiving club spin, honestly.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Stay off the drink.

So club sec gets the bullet because there was no money to spend?? 😂😂

He made the error and now paid the price by getting binned. 

Club sec gets the bullet because they've used him as the fall guy to blame for what happened in January. After that his position was untenable.

Rather that than admit the truth that the owners wouldn't spend and are actually the source of most of our problems, rather than experienced qualified staff suddenly forgetting how to do their jobs.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Is your source by any chance Steve W. Aggott?

Not that I'm aware of (they have a BRFCS account), but they do genuinely know what they're talking about.
I kept a lot of what I was told under my hat last season, to see how it played out - and they do know their stuff.

Suspect agent or something along those lines, but genuinely not sure.

Edited by Andy

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not that I'm aware of (they have a BRFCS account), but they do genuinely know what they're talking about.
I kept a lot of what I was told under my hat last season, to see how it played out - and they do know their stuff.

Suspect agent or something along those lines, but genuinely not sure.

so your source is BRFCS member?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Swag back in the driving seat.

Always makes me laugh when folk call him ‘stupid’, ‘an imbecile’ - when it comes to the Machiavellian world of football he’s one canny fucker.

It's like all the retards that go round stealing copper pipes and water cylinders out of buildings.  

If they actually learnt how to install that stuff they'd make far more money.

With maggot in charge again, who'll be blamed fof constant failure now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Club sec gets the bullet because they've used him as the fall guy to blame for what happened in January. After that his position was untenable.

Rather that than admit the truth that the owners wouldn't spend and are actually the source of most of our problems, rather than experienced qualified staff suddenly forgetting how to do their jobs.

So the club secretary did nothing wrong in your opinion?

It’s been in the papers long enough to know the geezer didn’t press send. How you turn that into a conspiracy theory is bonkers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

If you remember some time at the start of this year, I was given some info around the issues in India and a few other bits around the club.
Despite taking some grief for being 'cryptic / ITK bollocks' I just purely passed on the info I was given.
And, in fairness, it was almost exclusively bob-on.

We've not been in contact for a little bit, but I've literally had the below though tonight on both Silvester and Broughton.
Feel free to disregard it if you so wish, but I'm told:

Silvester sacked. Was sacked straight after the Maguire fiasco.
However, club had to follow disciplinary procedure as he is an employee and not like a manager or player you can dismiss.
He then went off long term sick and eventually dismissed.
Club didn’t want to announce it due to where we were in the league.

Broughton sacked.
Failed in his signings (Wahlstead bought in on same salary as Kaminski!!) and lots more that have failed.
Broughton ran out of Ewood as fast as he could and now trying to throw the club under the bus, similar to the JDT trick.

I don't doubt that Wahlstedt is on decent money - we bought Kaminski for circa £300k and he was being run out of Gent. We had to hijack Wahlstedt's deal with another club.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue n White Rover said:

It’s been in the papers long enough to know the geezer didn’t press send. How you turn that into a conspiracy theory is bonkers.

If we're sacking people for making mistakes, how is Waggott possibly still here?

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Swag back in the driving seat.

Always makes me laugh when folk call him ‘stupid’, ‘an imbecile’ - when it comes to the Machiavellian world of football he’s one canny fucker.

He's certainly very clever when it comes to self preservation. It's a shame that precisely none of his intelligence is geared towards the competent operation of a football club. In fact it just might all be in the self preservation arena.

Makes me think of a roleplaying video game, where someone might put all their points into one attribute. His overloaded attribute being: snakelike self-preservation chicanery.

1 minute ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Respectfully, you’ve not posted in five years, then you’ve come in hot and heavy when there’s some boardroom fuckery at play and cover is needed. Not sure what’s changed on your end, but forgive me for being suspicious.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't doubt that Wahlstedt is on decent money - we bought Kaminski for circa £300k and he was being run out of Gent. We had to hijack Wahlstedt's deal with another club.

I think we offered daft wages compared to the offer Wahlstedt had from Aalborg, but can't remember where I read it. Either way he can't be on big wages, but definitely not easy to flog as he won't get a sideways move. It's too soon to write him off completely, and I wouldn't mind him as backup GK next season and Pears out.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Appreciate you’re just passing this on, but just to pick at a few points from your source’s assertions: “club didn’t want to announce it due to where we were in the league” means what exactly? Fan uproar around “club legend, Ian Silvester” being ousted? They’d have probably sold more tickets announcing someone was losing their job over Maguire.

”throwing the club under the bus, similar to the JDT trick” - firstly, is that the bus we paid to be tricked out and loaned out by the real owner when we weren’t using it? Second; have either thrown the club under the bus or is Waggott so spineless that he can’t convince his paymasters to invest in the club he’s supposed to be stewarding?

Only you can answer this - what motive has your source got to make it seem like Waggott and Suhail are earnestly keeping the club on course and make it seem like it’s everyone else at fault? Because there’s only so many times that you can blame everyone else before the real common denominator becomes apparent. I think you’re receiving club spin, honestly.

It has crossed my mind, if I'm honest.

But they have been critical of how the club has been run - as well as of the owners - in the past and without taking just tonight's bits into account, I don't get the general feeling that they are feeding propaganda.

There are some other things (not on this topic) which have been shared in confidence and I'll respect that confidence - but, if indeed true, it shows me (as somebody who has been very critical of the club since JDT left) that some things are moving in the right direction behind the scenes.

We do apparently have some money to spend, though no idea on values at the moment.

I guess we'll need to see how things play out in the coming weeks.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Andy said:

But they have been critical of how the club has been run - as well as of the owners - in the past and without taking just tonight's bits into account, I don't get the general feeling that they are feeding propaganda.

There are some other things (not on this topic) which have been shared in confidence and I'll respect that confidence - but, if indeed true, it shows me (as somebody who has been very critical of the club since JDT left) that some things are moving in the right direction behind the scenes.

We do apparently have some money to spend, though no idea on values at the moment.

Didn’t you say all this kind of stuff last summer when all the shit started hitting the fan in July? ‘It’s only temporary’, ‘things will soon improve’ etc etc.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nothing to spend out of the Wharton fee, and be nothing to spend out of the Szmodic money either 

100%.

We are set for a summer of further  cutbacks and no money to spend. 

Probably why the rumours of signing Fleck and Fadz back up are swirling.

Looks like we'll get the job done proper next season, bottom 3 no doubts.

FFS the season finished a week ago and we are already a fucking shambles.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t you say all this last summer when all the shit started hitting the fan in July?

No, things in India started in January, but we managed to podge our way through via various means until around that time.

Nobody believed that there was a legal issue for quite some time, until the club were forced to acknowledge it.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Respectfully, you’ve not posted in five years, then you’ve come in hot and heavy when there’s some boardroom fuckery at play and cover is needed. Not sure what’s changed on your end, but forgive me for being suspicious.

I have a day job where we’ve just done an MBO and truth be told, I’ve hardly had a chance to come on here. Also, got banned for apparently being a show off, so that also put me off.

Water under the bridge and all that…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

It's been in the papers because people at the club have been telling the papers that.

Hardly faking the moon landings. People like Waggott and co. whisper tidbits to Rich Sharpe, Fans Forum and over a brew with supporters and it gets repeated ad infinitum and becomes fact. In the days of twitter and forums it really doesn't take much for one account to become the established truth with very little effort.

I might be wrong, of course, as might anyone else. But remarkably convenient that for the second January deadline day IN A ROW we have an expensive signing just about to sign and lo and behold this time around a vastly experienced staff member 'doesn't press send' 

Also conveniently he didn't forget to press send on the paperwork for Adam Wharton ensuring £20 million flowed into the coffers, but he did forget on the one and only deal that would require the owners to cough up cash, something they have shown clearly over the last few years they aren't happy to do.

And if I was owning an organisation where (if true) two potentially season defining transfers were cocked up by Broughton / Silvester ineptitude then BOTH would have been down the road right away, and I'd also be expecting to see the people that employed them paying the price too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Andy said:

No, things in India started in January, but we managed to podge our way through via various means until around that time.

Nobody believed that there was a legal issue for quite some time, until the club were forced to acknowledge it.

No you didn’t say it would soon blow over when it all came out in July? I think you did!

Listen not knocking you, if that’s what your source says, that’s what they say - but let’s take the latest sunlit uplands stuff with a bucket of salt.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt, not a single word of my previous reply was levelled at you, just what I would be asking myself if an unknown forum member who (I assume) isn’t posting very much decided to give me snippets of information without any context for where it’s coming from.

Enjoyed their use of the word “trick,” in what they said. The thing about a trick is misdirection, the magician wants you to believe something has happened, in spite of your better logic, so they make sure you’re looking at what they want you to look at and that you see what they want you to see.

Proceed with caution, I’d say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

No you didn’t say it would blow over when it all came out in July? I think you did!

I genuinely can't remember - whatever I'd have posted on that would have been directly what I'd been told (I'd have to go back and have a look).

As I've said before, I'm not a famous ITK-er, nor do I want to be.
But I'm passed some info from a source that has been extremely accurate (and not told to keep it under my hat), I like to pass it on.

Better than the radio silence we get from the club 👍

• Like 2