BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

3 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

They can invest as much as they 'want' as long as they back it up 100% with a payment to the BOI can't they? I think I read that somewhere.

In which case if they gave a shite, they could invest. But they won't.

I don't think that's quite right.

When they were granted permission to send the funds in November, they were told that it was on the proviso that an equivalent amount to this being sent, was to be deposit as a bond and it it turned out that it was used for anything other than the state reason, then they would forfeit the bond. The tells us an awful lot about how trusted the appear to be.

One of the reasons given for needing to send the funds, was to "protect their investment". I have no knowledge of what is currently being investigated, but if I was investigating this, I would now ben checking exactly what that investment was and how it was doing so far.

If it is looked at properly and the amounts already investment in relation to the current value, as properly established, then perhaps that statement may appear to be somewhat miss leading and given that there is a bond in place, maybe that could be at risk.

All speculation on my part that, but if they are suddenly in receipt of £50- £60 million from the sales (inclusive of the likely Szmodics sale) then maybe taking that and the club repaying some of the funding they have made, may help, but to date all they are doing is sending funds to cover current and future losses, so hardly protecting their investment.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Call it what you want, ‘boycott’, ‘protest’, or just sick of watching and being treat like shite for a decade.

But to go from nearly 20,000 ST holders when they bought the club to, what? 6/7k next term means it’s happening regardless of labels and anything organised.

Everyone has a level of being dumped on. Under Venkys we are finding out more and more what people's tolerance limits are. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

They can invest as much as they 'want' as long as they back it up 100% with a payment to the BOI can't they? I think I read that somewhere.

In which case if they gave a shite, they could invest. But they won't.

It is certainly true that if they do invest any money outside India they need to pay the equivalent to BOI as security.  However, I think they still need to get the permission of the court to do it. They definitely needed the permission last November and I don't think anything has changed - hence the need for more court hearings

But as you say, even if they can, they won't.

Edited by Crimpshrine
typo
  • Like 1

Mr D apparently or so the rumour mill said.

Always seems there's a difference of family opinion there between the two head honchos and Barry bling and co.

I'd say shadow MD and Waggot are very much Barrys men just like Anderson and crew were.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

It is certainly true that if they do invest any money outside India they need to pay the equivalent to BOI as security.  However, I think they still need to get the permission of the court to do it. They definitely needed the permission last November and I don't think anything has changed - hence the need for more court hearings

But as you say, even if they can, they won't.

You cannot make foreign transfers of funds from India without the approval of the Enforcement Directorate.

The ED are greatly opposed to allow venkys to do this so it ended up going to court. The ruling of the court was that they had to place an equivalent bond with the ED.

Every time they want to send funds they need approval which is rejected so rinse repeat.

I'm hoping that the outcome of the August court hearings will see them banned from sending any more money over. Once that happens the club will default on it's numerous financial commitments and end up in administration thus ridding us of this cancer once and for all.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

If Waggott is back in control now, who was in control before? Who imposed the DoF/Coach model on him?

Waggott has said it was the owner decision to move to DoF/head coach structure 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He should have been asked which owner. There are (at least) four of them. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder how they arrived at that decision, when they know next to nothing at football? Perhaps they got some more of that advice that they have been seemingly getting from day one. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The other time that we’ve had a wave of optimism was in the immediate aftermath of our last promotion. Things appeared to be on the up after years of decline. Then you had the manager pouring cold water on the prospect of a few exciting new signings by saying we didn’t need them. Just a few bench filling  bodies brought in to back up existing squad. Cue the sound of enthusiasm being extinguished.

We could, and should, have sold thousands of ST’s around the time of the Oxford Utd match, even multi-season packages, if only they had been on sale !! We still had to wait at least 4/5 weeks for prices to be fixed and sales begin, Swag couldn’t take an opportunity even when knocking on his door.

• Like 7

• Backroom

Maybe this is how it went?

Swag: I can’t cope with doing the job of a CEO properly, it’s too complicated, and it’s too soon to replace Tony, I’m still heartbroken. Can you get a guy in to control the football side of things, and I’ll focus on corporate and admin?

Venkys: Yeah, ok. Get Suhail to find someone.

Swag: Suhail, find someone who knows a good manager, and let them deal with the football stuff. Promise him what he wants.

*Admin side of three different deals fall through in successive windows, causing manager with ambition and wit to leave…

Swag: We need money, so thanks for all the good work Gregg. No Wharton or Raya money is going in any budget either. Go gardening while I find a new puppet to blame for what I’M supposed to oversee.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

We could, and should, have sold thousands of ST’s around the time of the Oxford Utd match, even multi-season packages, if only they had been on sale !! We still had to wait at least 4/5 weeks for prices to be fixed and sales begin, Swag couldn’t take an opportunity even when knocking on his door.

Absolutely. Back then on the day, my dad and I were high as kites that we would’ve bought STs at current prices.

Should’ve had a leaflet on every seat, screen and tannoy reminders etc.

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we had put them on in February we could have say help Rovers secure the championship and secure your seat for next season 

I’m not sure that we had any chance whatsoever of securing the Championship in February. Leicester only managed to do that in the last week of the season !

9 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Not good developments.  I would say good chance of going down next season unless some very good signings are made with szmodics money.

Like the Wharton money ya mean ?

I have been told that the disagreement is on what the incomings will be.  allegedly it is Broughton who has wanted to go down the younger players route and wanted to get players that could be polished and sold.  Eustace has come in and has said he wants to add some more experience along with younger players from the academy  and he has won the battle

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

I have been told that the disagreement is on what the incomings will be.  allegedly it is Broughton who has wanted to go down the younger players route and wanted to get players that could be polished and sold.  Eustace has come in and has said he wants to add some more experience along with younger players from the academy  and he has won the battle

In fairness, if that is the case, I do actually support Eustace on that. This team is missing experience and leaders, and the academy is more than fruitful enough.

Currently we have regular for the first team from our academy:

Travis, Buckley, JRC, Garrett, S.Wharton, Carter, Leonard, Vale.

Some of those need loans or moving on (money in), but the academy has remained a decent source of income in terms of players for the team and fees.

Next batch to try and make the step up seem to be (strictly imo):

Gamble, Duru, Gent, Haddow, Harlock, O’Grady-Macken, and Gilsenan.

With young Finneran hopefully still around in 2/3 years as our next generational talent.

We need QUALITY experience, particularly in goal, full back, up front, and one winger. Everywhere else can be upgraded but not urgently imo.

• Like 3

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Gav said:

I know Broughton has had a lot of stick on here, much of it unwarranted in my opinion.

He was brought in at a time of real crisis for the club. Mowbray had left, so had many of the 1st team players, manager after manager turning down the top job, no time to work with the incumbent on a plan for the following season and then he helped pull the JDT rabbit out of the hat, followed by the signature of Sammie/Hyam.

That first season took everyone by surprise, some of the football was a joy to watch and the team looked rejuvenated by JDT and in no small part to the additions brought in by Broughton. Venkys must have panicked as the team looked like making the Championship playoffs, sadly just missing out in the end. 

That summer the owners took centre stage once again, one minute Broughton has a budget, then that is slashed, then slashed again, "free transfers Gregg, work your magic"...... oh yes and "We'll be selling Adam Wharton should a decent bid come in, let JDT know will you" ......any the plans to build on the back of the previous season are scuppered, turmoil behind the scenes, job done once again by these abhorrent owners.

Anyone working under these conditions deserves a medal, money alone wouldn't be enough for me. I wish him well to be honest, he's just another in a long line of people who have been shit on by these owners and as fans many must be asking themselves, is it really worth it anymore? I don't think so until these rats piss off. 

VENKYS OUT - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

I quite often wonder if Venkys decided: Well you got those three (Ennis, Siggy, Tronstad) for free, so just keep doing that!

39 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

Much more likely that Broughton wanted to spend money and that made fat slug twitchy that it may bring more expectation than just staying in the league, so he recommended to Suhail that Broughton should go. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Could it be that Broughton wanted to bring in younger players because that’s where his level of expertise was ? My feeling is we had/have enough young players and a bit of experience was needed. Maybe the signing of MacFad and Fleck was a sign that Broughton was on the way out ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Could it be that Broughton wanted to bring in younger players because that’s where his level of expertise was ? My feeling is we had/have enough young players and a bit of experience was needed. Maybe the signing of MacFad and Fleck was a sign that Broughton was in the way out ?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24311114.eustace-identifies-area-address-blackburn-rovers-squad/

Well in light of this Eustace clearly wants more experience. I highly doubt Broughton completely opposes the idea of bringing more experience in, though perhaps in terms of the player trading model he values youth more.

Edited by sverrehh