BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

1 hour ago, lraC said:

That's a brilliant post by Glen and I admire them for attending the meeting and for getting the answers they did.

I also had a meeting with Waggott, which I think was earlier the same day. Mine lasted for about an hour and I found him to be a bit like a politician, padding out answers and maybe avoiding a couple too.

I did not get anything like the amount of information that Glen and Mark did, but can point out a couple of contradictions he gave to them in his answers compared to mine.

He made out that the funding re received, keeps us afloat until February and suggested that the court had now set a precedent and therefore would be unlikely to not allow future funding. he did got to great lengths too, in suggesting how he had to provide a statement for all outstanding commitments and had to provide a precise breakdown of exactly what the funding was for.

I pressed very hard about fans being priced out of buying season tickets and suggested a HUGE marketing plan was put in place for the 150th anniversary, suggesting a 20% cut in season ticket prices and a big drive to get lapsed season ticket holders to return. He did not like the suggestion of the drop in prices.

I also put it to him, that I believe Venky's have something to hide and that is the reason they remain. He refuted that and would not be drawn into a debate about the initial takeover and my suggestion that the fall from the premier league was a managed catastrophe. He insisted that Venky's are proud people and remained in situ for that reason, more than anything else. I did suggest that now was the perfect tine for them to put the club up for sale and bow out gracefully, as they have the much publicised problems now with the illegal payment from 2010 to date story and on going problems and adverse publicity, that is clearly bringing. They have no way of getting back, what they have put in, so why not put the cub up for sale now and cut their losses. Who in their right mind would carry on under these circumstances?

One other thing to mention was that he almost seemed resigned to losing JDT and I am now even more convinced that there is a rift between them that cannot be repaired. 

I would much rather SWAG was given his notice now than JDT.

We sort of set the scene, we hadn't come for a happy meal or balloon, and our questions were not screened.

We also pointed out, that the supporters have previously turned the heat up on directors and pushed them out, and would have no hesitation in doing it again.

We gave a brief history lesson, that the supporters have publicly taken our case to every authority and every media outlet across the world.

He acknowledged he was aware we have direct contact and appeared to be quite open

He mentioned you'd been in too, and it appears you may have given him a good grilling too, well done bud.

The point we kept reiterating is you need to give a reason for supporters to return , a reason to trust, and it starts by understanding why they have walked away.

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

We sort of set the scene, we hadn't come for a happy meal or balloon, and our questions were not screened.

We also pointed out, that the supporters have previously turned the heat up on directors and pushed them out, and would have no hesitation in doing it again.

We gave a brief history lesson, that the supporters have publicly taken our case to every authority and every media outlet across the world.

He acknowledged he was aware we have direct contact and appeared to be quite open

He mentioned you'd been in too, and it appears you may have given him a good grilling too, well done bud.

The point we kept reiterating is you need to give a reason for supporters to return , a reason to trust, and it starts by understanding why they have walked away.

I’d say it starts with giving a fuck.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s all transactional to Swag. Very simple equation, he knows he will hit his financial target with 8/9k buying at £400/£500, he can’t be certain that he can still hit it by selling more under £300.

So why take a risk? More bums on seats? Better atmosphere? Why does he care about that? Sounds like too much hard work, think of the extra stewards and cleaners!

yet again, the owners are to blame, as you are bang on the money with this.

We as supporters and real custodians of the club, have an interest in increasing the fan base again and dropping the prices and offering other incentives, is the way to go.

With targets being monetary, set by the owners and Waggott knowing only too well, that the real loyal fans (who can also afford it) will pay the excessive prices, it just puts the very future of the club in more peril.

He will sail off into the sunset, with his pension and nest egg nicely tucked away and will not care on iota of what happens to the club, after his departure. 

• Like 8

Thanks Glen for the update.
It’s a shame  we are not going to be able to even loan an experienced centre forward that we desperately need to push us on to a top 6 finish. It’s so frustrating. 
Don’t Venkies realise that settling for mid table security and developing players to be sold in order to reduce their annual funding is not what fans want or need. The Fans, players and the manager need to be able to dream big or what’s the point. Football is a unique business wrapped up in a very competitive sport, it is not an ordinary business. Revenue is generated by stoking up fans hopes and dreams, it is not generated from mediocrity. They don’t seem to really “get” football and what it means to be a fan. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversinmyblood said:

It’s a shame  we are not going to be able to even loan an experienced centre forward that we desperately need to push us on to a top 6 finish. It’s so frustrating. 
Don’t Venkies realise that settling for mid table security and developing players to be sold in order to reduce their annual funding is not what fans want or need. The Fans, players and the manager need to be able to dream big or what’s the point. Football is a unique business wrapped up in a very competitive sport, it is not an ordinary business. Revenue is generated by stoking up fans hopes and dreams, it is not generated from mediocrity. They don’t seem to really “get” football and what it means to be a fan. 

We are now in the hands of the High Court who will hopefully agree that Venky's can send funds to pay our remaining invoices till the end of the season. The high court won't approve and funds for player purchases etc.

Inorder to make any signings in January we need to fund them through player sales and even that might be tricky as the fixed wage budget means there is no flex. If a player leaves even for a large fee we have what their wage is to play. Also if we did sell a player for a large fee I can see the courts saying you should have used those funds to pay the bills instead of signing new players and reject the Feb request.

It really is a depressing situation only of Venky's making. 

If they don't sell during this time they are never going to. They have the perfect excuse of issues with the Government and won't lose any face in the business community. 

• Like 3

19. JDT contract - it is a 3 year deal with no talks of a new contract planned at this stage, he is ambitious. We asked why JDT thinks he was sold a pup?  He reiterated that its the same job as its always been with no pressure on league position. Its always been about developing and trading regardless of financial restrictions this summer.

I cant get my head around why any club and CEO would state this to the manager and fans. There is literally no point in turning up if this is the case unless you see the entire clubs existence as nothing more than a business to make some money.

Sooner this guy is out the better.  Cant tell me Ipswich etc have a much bigger income than us yet somehow seem to have ambition. 

• Like 7

As others have pointed out it all starts from the top and if you are sat in the middle earning 200k plus benefits just to keep the lights on why would you bother about anything else ?

He isn't a young ambitious CEO, he isn't one with any experience of building top 6 challenging clubs anywhere, quite the opposite.  And he isn't from the area nor a lifelong fan, nor are ANY on the board of active so called directors.

• Like 1

‘We know it’s tough, we know about the parachutes and all that, but we want to win games and get this club back to where it belongs, let’s see how we go, we can’t wait to get going’.

Just standard stuff for execs at football clubs in the run up to KO.

Here; ‘well no pressure to win, just player development, so all about staying out of League 1 really… anyway you seen the new bus we’ve, err, “bought” ‘.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Top work Glen et al for the line of questioning, it can't have been comfortable for Waggott to feel like he's being held to account for once.

I just can't see how it ever ends well with the wretches owning us, JDT is already performing miracles as it is and there is no way he gets us to the promised land with the squad currently stretched to breaking point and clearly no more incoming transfers in Jan. 

Fuck off Venkys. 

• Like 3

So the precedent has been clearly set in black and white.

We are a Club with no ambition of Promotion,a Club shackled by Owners who are themselves apathetic at best.No targets,no pressure on anyone for success or improvement.

A Club going nowhere...this is our past,present and future under Venkys.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

So the precedent has been clearly set in black and white.

We are a Club with no ambition of Promotion,a Club shackled by Owners who are themselves apathetic at best.No targets,no pressure on anyone for success or improvement.

A Club going nowhere...this is our past,present and future under Venkys.

A zombie club and that’s what we’ve been since the Chicken Chokers bought us.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

When have the Chicken Chokers ever given a rats arse about what the fans want ?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, benhben said:

19. JDT contract - it is a 3 year deal with no talks of a new contract planned at this stage, he is ambitious. We asked why JDT thinks he was sold a pup?  He reiterated that its the same job as its always been with no pressure on league position. Its always been about developing and trading regardless of financial restrictions this summer.

I cant get my head around why any club and CEO would state this to the manager and fans. There is literally no point in turning up if this is the case unless you see the entire clubs existence as nothing more than a business to make some money.

Sooner this guy is out the better.  Cant tell me Ipswich etc have a much bigger income than us yet somehow seem to have ambition. 

The craziest thing in all of this, is how would developing a couple of players now and then, make more financial sense than having a couple of seasons in the premier league? As we all know, we have been in touching distance at least twice, at Christmas, in the last couple of years, yet managed to blow any chance, by not getting the window right. 
Last seasons fiasco, seems to fly in the face of the narrative, unless the O’Brien attempted signing was a red herring. Why go for him and why offer to sign him permanently, if we went up, if the only ambition we have would be to develop him and sell him on.

Someone seems to be sending out contradictory messages here, but what for?