BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Interesting, maybe JDT fancies naming himself on the bench for the second half of the season.

I’d put £10 on him bagging more than the rest of the lot of strikers combined. 

• Like 4

The Ennis signing is more bizarre by the day it never looked sounded nor felt right but i don't want to see him go to Bolton.

JDT has never wanted him from the off that much is crystal and whoever gave him a 4 year contract should be working his notice. We are having another possible crisis season and we are having to carry and pay for duds like him.

This ###### club.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Polky said:

L1 clubs interested in Ennis on loan.

Interesting to see if he is fit enough to play more than 15min of football for another club?

What is the betting he starts scoring immediately?

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

That’s hindsight though.

I’d say at the point we signed them both they had very similar reputations - that’s what any salary offer would (or at least should) have been based on.

I rated Brittain highly before we signed him but Hyam was better. No hindsight needed but using my football knowledge. Plus also different players in terms of position. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Sshh. Apparently nobody will buy a loss making 2nd division club and you just have to hope the current owners never leave or the club will disappear.

Also notice that their owner has managed to invest without hiding behind FFP rules as an excuse.

No one has said we won't attract new owners. 

Hull sold Lewis Potter for 20m 18 months ago then reinvest that money. 

17 minutes ago, Polky said:

L1 clubs interested in Ennis on loan.

I would much prefer Ennis to be loan out instead of Harry Leonard if we bringing in another striker this window

31 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Sorry but that is bollox, look at the way Jude Bellingham left Birmingham that was a touch of class.

Ash Philips can fuck the fuck off.

Hardly seems fair to call it bollocks. I already said he can fuck off and I don't want him here back on loan. Sorry for adding some perspective to the matter! Why do people have to adopt extreme positions on everything these days or someone will have a go?

Incidentally, yes Bellingham did everything right. He was also a Birmingham fan though, Phillips isn't. Some players have done worse by us than him, that's for sure. But he can still fuck off.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I rated Brittain highly before we signed him but Hyam was better. No hindsight needed but using my football knowledge. Plus also different players in terms of position. 

I would much prefer Ennis to be loan out instead of Harry Leonard if we bringing in another striker this window

It makes sense to loan out Leonard, a 20 year old finding his feet in mens football. Give him the opportunity of some regular game time and to understand what it means to be a pro footballer.

Loaning Ennis out at the age of 24 after 100+ appearances in the EFL says to me he isn't good enough for Champ level.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

It was a wrong thing to go along with..

Sure, my point though was he might not even have known that clause existed. Anyway he has wasted 6 months of his career warming Spuds' bench or playing in their ressies, and now he's playing at a shitter side than us, if he breaks into their team. Ah well!

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Really, I thought only his mum would have given him a 5 year deal !

Can't take the chance of a 2 goal in 45 senior appearances striker walking away for nothing I guess.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Hardly seems fair to call it bollocks. I already said he can fuck off and I don't want him here back on loan. Sorry for adding some perspective to the matter! Why do people have to adopt extreme positions on everything these days or someone will have a go?

Incidentally, yes Bellingham did everything right. He was also a Birmingham fan though, Phillips isn't. Some players have done worse by us than him, that's for sure. But he can still fuck off.

Yeah apologies, just that transfer saga left a really bad taste in my mouth. I think we were done dirty by Philips and Spurs.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Ennis signing was a shocking decision, Has had the longest pre mid season ever and still looks out of shape. Seen more mobility in a groundsman pushing the old pitch roller

i think he has undoubted ability,but thats not much use if like you correctly state,he`s got the mobility of bernard manning

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So reinvestment is possible under FFP, just not here?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

It makes sense to loan out Leonard, a 20 year old finding his feet in mens football. Give him the opportunity of some regular game time and to understand what it means to be a pro footballer.

Loaning Ennis out at the age of 24 after 100+ appearances in the EFL says to me he isn't good enough for Champ level.

Leonard is more likely to score a goal then Ennis, work harder then Ennis and his movement then Ennis

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So reinvestment is possible under FFP, just not here?

Yes of course but we been through thing time after time..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Sure, my point though was he might not even have known that clause existed. Anyway he has wasted 6 months of his career warming Spuds' bench or playing in their ressies, and now he's playing at a shitter side than us, if he breaks into their team. Ah well!

But he’s making a nice wage. 

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Football becoming the biggest piss take of all time:

Have a player in your academy

Put years into developing said player

Premier League club literally takes him for nothing because the rules allow it

Prem club loans player back to previous club

Previous club pays x3 the amount in wages to loan player that they were paying before

Insert minimum appearance clauses (with penalties for failing) so the player can develop further

Send player back at the end of the season, developed further but at your expense.

If he fails to make it at the Premier League club they sell him for more than they bought him for based on his 'Premier League academy' pedigree.

It really is a sham. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, yankfan said:

But he’s making a nice wage. 

Good for him. A full career in football, built the right way, would probably have earned him a lot more in the long run though.

• Like 1