BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What??

Screenshot_20240112_131813_X.jpg

I'll set off now and drive him there myself for half that fee.

Is he showing any signs of being on the pitch this season? 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 7

Playing devils advocate here, I wonder if the structure of the deal(s) are the reason for the rejection? They’ll know he’s out of contract at the end of the season, so may be they are derisory payment structures?

Why wouldn’t we want to get rid of his high wages six months earlier?

He’s barely played all season…

Just now, sabino said:

Maybe because we need a striker 🤔 

That is correct, but if we’re all in on this ‘model’ could we not re-invest the fee and wages on an up and coming striker?

• Like 1

If true I suspect that they will have in mind what they paid for Gallagher (£5 million?) and will have an issue with letting him go for so much less than that.

He was an investment signing like Armstrong and Diaz and someone along the line might have to justify a multi-million loss on Gallagher if we offload him for a million or two.

Flipping it round on the player being the proble for not agreeing new terms is easier to justify than we are agreeing to sell him at a £3 million loss.

And yes, I really do think the people running things here operate in such a nonsensical fashion, as we've seen with Diaz and Rothwell.

• Like 2

Rejecting the Gallagher offer probably indicates

1. Rovers management see him coming back soon and having a role in the relegation fight

2. They haven't got a replacement forward lined up indicating a forward of any sort will not be coming in this window

Both equally depressing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

We've missed Gallagher whilst he been out injured, I would have thought that was obvious for all to see.

I'm not saying don't sell him if a decent offer came in, he's never going to be a 20 goal a season man, but we've missed the lad, we've missed his work ethic and he's a senior member of the squad, we are missing some of them! 

Agree but If we do not sell him this window he leaves on a free in summer.

If true that's Ipswich doing what Rovers should have been doing 2 years ago whilst in a good position. And Gally fits their style perfectly there's non of the negative over cautious Mowbray style or the tip tap powder puff JDT stuff.

This club and its ownership and the people who run it for them stink.

But getting over 1.5 mill for him and off the wages will have champagne corks popping in EWood head office.  Whilst fans drool at the thought of a better replacement only to realise he's already here and he's called Telalovic !

• Like 4

On 08/01/2024 at 20:13, Mercer said:

Should Spurs contact Rovers about Wharton it should be a very easy conversation 

'Have you £40million - no add ons'.

If the answer is no or there's any attempt at a negotiation then 'well feck off and call us when you have £40million'.

I didn’t expect us to be challenging for top 6 with the changes the club are going through. For me I would sell Gallacher, due to his injury record, poor goal scoring record. If we could get a fee and high earner off the books then that’s a plus. If the trading model is going to work it will take time but deals like this must be accepted. 

I always wonder if clubs make multiple bids without encouragement and wait to see if the player fancies it or not.

There must be some motive for Ipswich to come back with a second offer and it must be the player saying “I’m open to it.”

Fairly solid chance for Gallagher to be part of a promotion to the premier league and a squad player up there for at least a season.

I think we’re holding out for a higher offer. Maybe £2m or slightly over.

Not saying he’s worth anything more than a bag of chips and his train fare, but we might have targets to replace and need a bit to keep the fire burning and a bit to replace. It’s early in the window, why accept an offer that does less than that?

If true about the Ipswich offer then it would be madness not to sell him for both financial and football reasons.  IF Gallagher stays, I would not be optimistic about us getting half a dozen games out of him and a mere 2 goals.

Given they play in blue, perhaps they should become Ipswich Rovers with Travis, possibly Gallagher and even Sammie (with his strong family connections in the area) heading that way.  Think the reality is that no one is not for sale!

Edited by Mercer