BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

17 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

All that with 1.5 mil?

2 loans and 2 permanent signings. 

14 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Come on Chaddy what on earth makes you think we will reinvest that money. 

If it was to happen your looking at a loan player at best.

Its what I want to happen if we sold Gallagher which I would like to do in all honest. We need better 

Why haven't we reinvested the Travis, Dack, Diaz, Ayala, O'Brien wage allocations and the Kaminski/Ash Phillips cash?

Can the person who answers that ask Chaddy how and why he thinks Gallagher money is going on multiple 'better' signings?

• Like 3

On 11/01/2024 at 22:14, B16Rover said:

Also ex Brighton top target now Chelsea loanee army striker Datro Fofana (FM legend) recalled from loan in Germany.  Wonder if the Scandinavian connection, links to Brighton and desperation for a striker may connect dots 

That didn’t age so well with Fofana going to Burnley 😂

8 hours ago, sabino said:

Maybe because we need a striker 🤔 

Of which Gallagher isn't one.

Mental if we've turned down actual cash for him, we ought to be snapping anyone's hand off who were willing to take his wages off the wage bill let alone pay any sort of fee for him

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why haven't we reinvested the Travis, Dack, Diaz, Ayala, O'Brien wage allocations and the Kaminski/Ash Phillips cash?

Can the person who answers that ask Chaddy how and why he thinks Gallagher money is going on multiple 'better' signings?

You know the wage budget was cut by 20% in the summer cos of Indian tax thing. 

Gallagher isn't good enough for me. A view I have held since the summer. We need better. I would go and sign WBA striker Brandon Thomas-Asante from WBA. Would fit how we play and has experience of this league already. but he would cost between 2m and 3m. Plus we need other positional signing like quick right winger or centre back 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You know the wage budget was cut by 20% in the summer cos of Indian tax thing. 

Gallagher isn't good enough for me. A view I have held since the summer. We need better. I would go and sign WBA striker Brandon Thomas-Asante from WBA. Would fit how we play and has experience of this league already. but he would cost between 2m and 3m. Plus we need other positional signing like quick right winger or centre back 

Which summer ? Personally I saw enough the first time he was here. Signing him again was a crackers move.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need better. I would go and sign WBA striker Brandon Thomas-Asante from WBA. Would fit how we play and has experience of this league already. but he would cost between 2m and 3m. Plus we need other positional signing like quick right winger or centre back 

So if he would cost between 2 and 3 million, how do you propose to buy him, buy another player, and loan two more...with 1.5 million?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

So if he would cost between 2 and 3 million, how do you propose to buy him, buy another player, and loan two more...with 1.5 million?

I meant if I am my choice of a striker to sign this and money was there for the transfer 

SEG group by the looks of things.

Travis seems to have joined them very recently and thanked them for their help in getting the Ipswich deal done. 

JDT joined them last year. Also on the 'roster' are Kaminski and Tyler Morton.

Think they are quite a big outfit and seem to have Pep Guardiola and numerous United/City/Liverpool people.

Certainly an interesting one though......

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

clear your cookies and site data and that annoying subscrition banner will stop for a few days

Alternatively as soon as the article page loads, click the x (the one which becomes the refresh button) to stop it loading further. This stops everything beyond the first paragraph from being hidden. 

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Still haven’t seen anybody explain why it’s such a great idea to sell our only senior striker when the funds won’t be spent on a replacement.

Exactly. 

If we signed Kieffer Moore on loan (pie in the sky in know), then I'd be happy to shift Gallagher on and tackle the issue again in the summer.

As it stands though Gallagher is probably one of our top 3 most important players. Its a bit ridiculous that it's come to that, but not sure how people can argue it.

• Like 2