BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

15 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What are we offering? Magic beans or Monopoly money?

Can it be a bidding war if the highest bidder is submitting lower offers?  £1,000,000 oh we’re winning, revised offer £750,0000…all the way to a loan and you cover the wages but we will play the lad 15 matches. 

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Why the hell did he come all the way up here in the first place ?

This signing stinks the place out i'm not having it that it was just some cheap gamble by Broughton that hasn't paid off, far from it.

It's either yet another monumental F -up or something a bit more dodgy it has all the vibes of Goodwille nd Stokes deals. Albeit without the fee but a lengthy contract double previous wages and nice signing on fee or however they do it here.

Come up, can't be arsed, out of shape, never fit then get moved on and paid off.

Stinks.

He’s Myles better than Mrs Anderson’s son and would be fine  carrying a few hampers at Christmas. If we hear anyone mention, there is a payment that’s been made that no one knows about, we could be going back to the very beginning.

Its been going on for 13 years and someone is still here playing the same game. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Sorry, neither do I, But I'm sure there's a few on here that could explain when they get some free time.

If you don’t your tax bill when it’s due HMRC tend to take issue with it. If you plead your case with them, on occasion they will grant some leeway and agree to take due payments on the drip, with a strong warning that failing to meet the agreed payments comes with a severe warning that this could lead to a winding up order.

Think back to the beginning of the season when our CEO was bragging about us paying our bills on time. He was probably sending out a little message, without actually admitting to the shit we are in. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I never said anything about resale.

Agents get their fees regardless of whether there is a transfer fee or not.

And I never said anything about agents. The owners pay their wedge regardless of whether agents take a cut of transfer fees or not.

Only, in recent times, the owners seem to have reduced their financial commitment, which again begs the question of why they continue to be owners, if there is nothing in it for them other than losses. It's a conundrum for sure, but not one in favour of keeping hold of the club.

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I never said anything about resale.

Agents get their fees regardless of whether there is a transfer fee or not.

Agents (like players) can negotiate a bigger fee if there is no transfer fee involved…

The only loser is the “selling” club

• Like 2

Think this thread might as well be closed.

Can anyone really see our owners now signing off on ANY transfer fee to be paid?

Think the direction from India will be sell what you can and continue to substantially cut the wage bill all with the objective of minimising any additional funding, that's if the Indian authorities were to allow it!

Player sales might just get us through to the end of the season and then, if not before, our fate will be firmly in the lap of the Gods.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone seen Szmodics Instagram story, don't like to read too much into it, but it's this, is he clapping farewell?

No wording just this.

Screenshot_20240115-140017.png

That´s what I thought 😞

But hope he´s just clapping because he has recovered from his illness 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go Ipswich.

They wouldn't sell him would they?

I mean it would be the equivalent to taking xx Million to accept relegation.

How much would Ipswich offer? They hardly have 10m? I assume that would be the minimum we would be talking about.

no links on social media linking Szmodics with a transfer away. Why are people suggesting Ipswich when they have Chaplin as their number 10? 

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think this thread might as well be closed.

Can anyone really see our owners now signing off on ANY transfer fee to be paid?

Think the direction from India will be sell what you can and continue to substantially cut the wage bill all with the objective of minimising any additional funding, that's if the Indian authorities were to allow it!

Player sales might just get us through to the end of the season and then, if not before, our fate will be firmly in the lap of the Gods.

Mercer, no one is forcing you to read this thread. Rovers and JDT needs signings in this window 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no links on social media linking Szmodics with a transfer away. Why are people suggesting Ipswich when they have Chaplin as their number 10? 

Mercer, no one is forcing you to read this thread. Rovers and JDT needs signings in this window 

JDT needs signings but do Venkys ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We all know Rovers need signings Chaddy, some feckin quality signings.

The reality is, IMO, we are in the financial knackers' yard.

Think Rovers paying any transfer fees in the forseeable will be as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pentelrobot said:

An interesting theory, but if that is the case, what would this mysterious shadow owner stand to gain from running the club into the ground? Unless someone can enlighten me, I can't see this "someone else" gaining anything financially from seeing us tumble from the Premiership down (possibly) to League 1 or lower. I still believe that Venkys were duped by a certain agent into buying the club, and now have no idea how to extricate themselves without losing face in India. They have no interest in the club or its fortunes, they have not set foot in Ewood Park for 6 or 7 years and they do not appreciate the fact that owning a football club, particularly one with our history, is about more than just paying the bills. As a supporter for over 60 years, they have left me in a state of despair as to the future of my club.

Going back to my original point, if the shadow owner gains nothing from owning us, then what do Venkys gain from owning us.?

They are keeping us in championship as this is the sweet spot of being a factory for players , and if there is financial shenanigans it will be overlooked and never investigated. When we hit L1 , how quickly we returned ? Every time there's a remote chance for playoffs , we will be restricted in January ..nobody in india cares or watches us and our plight does not appear in thier newspapers or news channel. 

I genuinely hope i'm wrong 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We all know Rovers need signings Chaddy, some feckin quality signings.

The reality is, IMO, we are in the financial knackers' yard.

Think Rovers paying any transfer fees in the forseeable will be as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

Alan Nixon posts in the last couple of days suggestion signings are the way. he knows alot more than we do

Edited by chaddyrovers

16 hours ago, tomphil said:

Why the hell did he come all the way up here in the first place ?

This signing stinks the place out i'm not having it that it was just some cheap gamble by Broughton that hasn't paid off, far from it.

It's either yet another monumental F -up or something a bit more dodgy it has all the vibes of Goodwille nd Stokes deals. Albeit without the fee but a lengthy contract double previous wages and nice signing on fee or however they do it here.

Come up, can't be arsed, out of shape, never fit then get moved on and paid off.

Stinks.

Same.

A bit of research shows that Ennis shares the same agent as Harry Pickering, Patrick Gamble and Luke Brennan (former Rovers youth player).

I didn't know until yesterday, but a transfer target of ours, who we have been linked with a few times previously, including just last week, also has the same agent. Joe Gelhardt.

What transfer rumour was going around the other day. Was it Ennis going out on loan?

Anyway, here's an article containing rave reviews about Gelhardt:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/agent-reveals-lofty-joe-gelhardt-23881447

Edited by SuperBrfc

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Same.

A bit of research shows that Ennis shares the same agent as Harry Pickering, Patrick Gamble and Luke Brennan (former Rovers youth player).

I didn't know until yesterday, but a transfer target of ours, who we have been linked with a few times previously, including just last week, also has the same agent. Joe Gelhardt.

What transfer rumour was going around the other day. Was it Ennis going out on loan?

Anyway, here's an article containing rave reviews about Gelhardt:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/agent-reveals-lofty-joe-gelhardt-23881447

Interesting, but that article is over 18 months old and I personally don't think Gelhardt has lived up to his promise. Disappointing by all accounts at Sunderland last season. I would hope he's not the striker being rumoured as a replacement for Gallagher if he leaves