BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Still no replacements in for Travis and Hill.

Dear me

Ben Chrisene for Hill

Buckley for Travis

It's hardly going to make the teams around us in the league quake with fear, but it seems to be the reality of where we are at right now with our budget. Ouch!

1 minute ago, RoverInverness said:

Ben Chrisene for Hill

Buckley for Travis

It's hardly going to make the teams around us in the league quake with fear, but it seems to be the reality of where we are at right now with our budget. Ouch!

My working assumption is that the Travis money has not been used yet, as I think JDT would have called it out if not the case.

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My working assumption is that the Travis money has not been used yet, as I think JDT would have called it out if not the case.

We're now paying Buckley's wages again, which will take something. We're financially fecked. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

Ben Chrisene for Hill

Buckley for Travis

We have also got Ayari on loan. Ironically he limped off just after half time in Sunday's under 21 match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Why did the scouting not pick up that Leo couldn’t catch a fucking cold! Surely we watched him. Or was it just a case of seeing that someone had bid for him and not wanting to miss out.

stinks that we blew any money that we had on him when he looks very very poor. Can’t see him ever being any more than a back up.

Too much emphasis on data not enough on eyes being used?

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

Ben Chrisene for Hill

Buckley for Travis

"Normally, Ben would be playing immediately with Harry out but he isn't totally fit," Tomasson explained.

The last 90 minutes he played was in November which is some time ago. We didn't know how long he could play and he didn't know it as well.

"We spoke about it, maybe 35/45 minutes but against this West Brom side on a very good level, it would've been a risk."

31 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ayari is just a waste of space....poor signing.... was average at Coventry,...

Altho I think a different type of player is needed him being bad at Coventry doesn't make him a waste of space 

12 months earlier Brighton paid £5 million for him plus he is a full international 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, neophox said:

Let's give the lad a chance... some transfers just don't work out!

He might be better in a different system.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Yeah don't be ridiculous, who would lend out their club captain. 😔

Hmm who would loan out the club captain ? Not sell but dumb enough to loan out club captain to rivals in same league ? Damn i really can't find such an idiot ...any clues ? 

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Good that we've decided to judge a player before they've even started a game for the first team.

I know we're screwed right now, but this kind of take over a player that has only just arrived can get in the sea. Give the lad a chance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

I don't think Gallagher is going anywhere.

Money from his sale would not be reinvested, JDT and Gregg know this - so they won't let him go.

I very much doubt it will be their decision!

59 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Altho I think a different type of player is needed him being bad at Coventry doesn't make him a waste of space 

12 months earlier Brighton paid £5 million for him plus he is a full international 

We also bought a Swedish full international called Leo!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I very much doubt it will be their decision!

We also bought a Swedish full international called Leo!!!

Yeah but not often Brighton get it wrong is it? They were willing to pay £5 mil for him so I do think it is premature to be labelling him "a waste of space" already like Neophox did 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but not often Brighton get it wrong is it? They were willing to pay £5 mil for him so I do think it is premature to be labelling him "a waste of space" already like Neophox did 

Hard to say how often they get it wrong, you only hear about the good ones. For every Kaoru Mitoma there's an Andi Zeqiri (who?)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Hard to say how often they get it wrong, you only hear about the good ones. For every Kaoru Mitoma there's an Andi Zeqiri (who?)

Very true, they get a lot right, but they buy in several "young cheap punts" (cheap by Premier League standards) each year, Some work, some don't, and they rightly get plaudits for the ones they get right, taking  a chance on youngsters, etc.  But they are not infallible. 

Ayari for me looks like a very skilful & technical player, but lightweight, like Moran.  and not what Rovers need right now.  Hopefully I am proved wrong

Edited by KentExile

A normal club would have sold and reinvested.

For us with money often vanishing, to keep him is better as a team as he merely by being average at this level is a considerable and experienced upgrade on the alternative rabble.

I just hope his head hasnt been turned with us messing him around.

Doesnt sound like much joined up thinking either way having done a u-turn.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental to me.

We never ever learn.

Is the we never ever learn based on letting players run their contracts down?

You havent answered but do you genuinely think Gallagher is anything other than considerably better than Ennis, Telalovic and Leonard?

You like with other players regularly say he is shit and not good enough despite him having proven over a number of years that he is an average Championship striker. He is never going to be prolific but he will get you close to double figures. He also is strong, powerful, quite quick and can win headers especially in his own box.

• Like 1