BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No you couldn't. De Zebri was happy for him to stay. Playing some PL football. Rovers did they best. 

Considered coming to Ewood. Agreed to the move. Met Greg and Swag. Changed his mind. 

Of course he is going to say "fight for my place" rather than "Wasn't impressed. One was out of his depth and the other was a used-car salesman"

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would go back to playing 4-2-3-1 personally myself as I think it suits our best players and we created more chances

I don't think we have much other choice. Attempting 3 at the back with Pickering and Carter now both injured would lead to more square pegs in round holes.

My worry is that playing 4-2-3-1 has led to us shipping so many goals, it needs a tweak for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

a new link. not sure on the source like, but it's an actual incoming transfer rumour in the transfer thread!!

https://twitter.com/Santi_J_FM/status/1749413250733601203?t=nfJdJw85ne4JvOh-HELpoA&s=19

EDIT: Vicky Kiankaulua, plays in Belgium. Winger/forward. 22.

Belgian third division player with 2 appearances this season - there may be some truth in this one

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Considered coming to Ewood. Agreed terms. Met Greg and Swag. Changed his mind. 

Of course he is going to say "fight for my place" rather than "Wasn't impressed. One was out of his depth and the other was a used-car salesman"

I know he met with JDT and GB around mid January time. 

If you think he wasn't impressed fine I'm going around in circles again. Pointless for thread 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know he met with JDT and GB around mid January time. 

If you think he wasn't impressed fine I'm going around in circles again. Pointless for thread 

I'm only going around in cicles because I pointed out that the same people who couldn't get the O'Brien and Undav deal done are the same people we are relying on this year to try and get deals done. Clearly not pointless for the thread.

Pointless for you because it implies Greg doesn't walk on water.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let's see in 10 days time. 

Undav changed his mind. Can't fault us for that. O'Brien we discussed to death no need to do so again

Think they got enough to do before the deadline without meeting me

Explained last night how we could spend in this window. Did you miss that? 

I saw the post but everything in it is pure speculation, if it was that easy to get that money and sign those players (or similar), why have we not done it?

You also assumed we spend all of the £5m, which we wouldn't.

Edited by davulsukur

12 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'm only going around in cicles because I pointed out that the same people who couldn't get the O'Brien and Undav deal done are the same people we are relying on this year to try and get deals done. Clearly not pointless for the thread.

Pointless for you because it implies Greg doesn't walk on water.

Time to move on here. 

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I saw the post but everything in it is pure speculation, if it was that easy to get that money and sign those players (or similar), why have we not done it?

You also assumed we spend all of the £5m, which we wouldn't.

So why about my post. It was done as example how we could spend money in this window. That's my point. 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I did, please explain.

Because Nixon had suggested it, and on the assumption we will get £5m when Raya moves permanently to Arsenal in the summer, Chaddy wanted to offer Brentford a substantial discount on the sell on clause by saying they could give us £3m if they paid us early in this window.

Aside from the fact we'd lose £2m, unless I've missed something, whilst it looks like Arsenal will make Raya permanent they're not obliged to do so, so if that happened Brentford would be paying us then Arsenal could back out of the permanent deal and they'd be out of pocket.

As if we could just afford to waive £2m at the moment as well.

42 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Considered coming to Ewood. Agreed to the move. Met Greg and Swag. Changed his mind. 

Do you know the reason was Broughton and Waggott? Or that he wasn't impressed ?

Maybe he had a last minute change of heart as he felt he could play minutes in the premier league with Brighton which he did do 

O'Brien was suitably impressed to say yes

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Time to move on here. 

So why about my post. It was done as example how we could spend money in this window. That's my point. 

The original point was that I said we wouldn't sign 4-5 players in January and you said we could and referred back to your post from yesterday. 

Your post, is pure speculation and there is nothing to suggest we could receive money now, spend all said money on transfers and have money in the wage budget to pay them.

It also would mean completing deals for 4/5 players, which we are generally slow at doing because it needs sign off from India. 

It is, undeniably, unlikely that we will make 4/5 signings before the window closes. We aren't playing footy manager here and if it was as easy as you made out in your post yesterday, then why hasn't the club done it.

54 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

a new link. not sure on the source like, but it's an actual incoming transfer rumour in the transfer thread!!

https://twitter.com/Santi_J_FM/status/1749413250733601203?t=nfJdJw85ne4JvOh-HELpoA&s=19

EDIT: Vicky Kiankaulua, plays in Belgium. Winger/forward. 22.

Just what we need for a relegation scrap.

Does Gregg have a dartboard with random, lower league European players names on instead of numbers?

Screwed up piece of paper on standby.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Do you know the reason was Broughton and Waggott? Or that he wasn't impressed ?

Maybe he had a last minute change of heart as he felt he could play minutes in the premier league with Brighton which he did do 

O'Brien was suitably impressed to say yes

Before Broughton fucked it up.

Not really supporting your own argument there.

26 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Does Gregg have a dartboard with random, lower league European players names on instead of numbers?

You know that link is probably made up, right?

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because Nixon had suggested it, and on the assumption we will get £5m when Raya moves permanently to Arsenal in the summer, Chaddy wanted to offer Brentford a substantial discount on the sell on clause by saying they could give us £3m if they paid us early in this window.

Aside from the fact we'd lose £2m, unless I've missed something, whilst it looks like Arsenal will make Raya permanent they're not obliged to do so, so if that happened Brentford would be paying us then Arsenal could back out of the permanent deal and they'd be out of pocket.

As if we could just afford to waive £2m at the moment as well.

Why would Arsenal pulled out when the deal is done basically? 

David Raya sealing permanent move to Arsenal 'just a matter of time' (msn.com)

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The original point was that I said we wouldn't sign 4-5 players in January and you said we could and referred back to your post from yesterday. 

Your post, is pure speculation and there is nothing to suggest we could receive money now, spend all said money on transfers and have money in the wage budget to pay them.

It also would mean completing deals for 4/5 players, which we are generally slow at doing because it needs sign off from India. 

It is, undeniably, unlikely that we will make 4/5 signings before the window closes. We aren't playing footy manager here and if it was as easy as you made out in your post yesterday, then why hasn't the club done it.

Its required the club to talk to Brentford and get a deal agreed. 

Deals can been done quickly but the transfer market is still slow at this level. Other managers/head coaches are saying the same like Stoke City Steven Schumacher for example

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

he hasn't even signed here yet a massive over reaction already. Who says we are relegation scrap? 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Before Broughton fucked it up.

Not really supporting your own argument there.

Broughton didn't. 

• Like 1