BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

None of us know for certain that we are right or wrong, none of us will likely ever know the 100% accurate truth of the matter and very few will, and those involved will of course portay a certain version of events to pass the buck or cover their arses from the fanbase or owners.

But if it's a choice between blaming the owners, the people who have caused or sat back and allowed more or less 13 years of failure and stagnation, or Gregg Broughton, I know which way my money is going.

And if I'm wrong and it was all on Gregg or Silvester suffering temporary amnesia or forgetting how to do their jobs (not been a problem before or since) then the question is why have the owners employed and continue to employ them?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Sorry - it is the way I have phrased it - that is what I meant - lol

I always thought the best way to do it would be to either fund it personally or use a sponsor or another of their companies to fund it. Surely affordable to a multi millionaire or modest turnover company, it's not like funding the club itself.

Then it would be another one or two million freed up from the clubs own income and their regular funding. 

Come to think of it if they'd bought Nevilles place with their own brass as they should have done not only might we not be in such a mess but that could have been sold or mortgaged and money used to tide the club over, without Indian authority wrath.

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

My view is based on 13 years of mismanagement and the current financial predicament but you are right it's essentially down to if you believe what you are being told.

The whole rotten Indian operation sickens me....If admin would have them gone,  I would just see it like a painful amputation to stop the gangrene...

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im sure you once made out that Mowbray had blown £100m. In that case, lots of managers in this league are blowing obscene amounts too. 

You keep mentioning this as if I'd said Mowbray blew a £100m transfer budget. He obviously didn't but was very well backed overall in terms of transfer and wage budget and we lost c£20m p.a. for each of the 5 years he was in charge, so yes he went through £100m worth of owner funding with absolutely nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

I don't even believe we stood still under him as he and Waggott failed to tie down key players and so he left us with half a team after the departures of  Lenihan Rothwell Nyambe JPVH  Khedra and the team finished the second half of his last season in relegation form even before that.

If managers at other Clubs had performed similarly with similar funding I'd say they performed pretty disastrously as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

has been injured a lot,only 4 games in two seasons,so id`e give him a miss

the egg  out definately,the epitome of someone out of his depth,getting lucky and landing a job at a fairly big club

We would structure the deal to accommodate this I would hope....send him back if he gets injured.  Shrewd move from Wigan I think 

24 minutes ago, neophox said:

Are Venkys really that stupid that they don't know what's going on with Waggot?

It would seem they don't care enough to play close enough attention to what he's up to as long as he meets some basic targets or he's acting strictly under instruction.

But if the latter, why would they want the Club running into the ground?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You keep mentioning this as if I'd said Mowbray blew a £100m transfer budget. He obviously didn't but was very well backed overall in terms of transfer and wage budget and we lost c£20m p.a. for each of the 5 years he was in charge, so yes he went through £100m worth of owner funding with absolutely nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

I don't even believe we stood still under him as he and Waggott failed to tie down key players and so he left us with half a team after the departures of  Lenihan Rothwell Nyambe JPVH  Khedra and the team finished the second half of his last season in relegation form even before that.

If managers at other Clubs had performed similarly with similar funding I'd say they performed pretty disastrously as well.

Went through £100m of owners funding is the ridiculous comment because it implies blame directly on to the manager. We dont lose exactly £20m a season anyway but this idea that its the owners funding us as if they for years have done anything but merely raise share capital and the odd loan to pay creditors (as many Championship owners need to do) to avoid administation as the bare minimum is creative.

The way he left us is massively skewed by the way that the owners blocked sales. We had £10m plus (net of Newcastles chunk) of the Armstrong money still in the bank from one of his signings. We should have had £4m in the back pocket from selling Rothwell but, well you know. We still had Brereton who we then were offered £8m for but, well you know. We had Kaminski who has since been sold for a few million. We had the Raya sell on which will soon be activated. So lots of value there.

But again youve fixated on Mowbray out my overall post which is convenient.

• Moderation Lead

Whilst GB has obviously signed some shite and that’s on him, it must be difficult for him to do his job properly and sign good players, when his budget consists of 3 buttons and a curly wurly.

(This obviously doesn’t absolve him of blame and he got us a keeper that costs us goals and strikers that don’t score any, hardly any wonder we’re struggling, is it?)

That’s on Venky’s. There are always reasons why they can’t do things, instead of why they can do things. It’s an embarrassing and pathetic way to run a football club. When the primary concern isn’t winning football matches, the club becomes a little bit pointless tbh.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Went through £100m of owners funding is the ridiculous comment because it implies blame directly on to the manager. 

It implies blame if the manager leaves us in the same or a worse position than the one in which he found us or praise if he left us in a better one.

I'm in the Camp that he left the Club in a very poor underlying state of health and I expected the wheels to completely fall off last season albeit I was 12 months out.

You seemingly have the opposite view.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whilst GB has obviously signed some shite and that’s on him, it must be difficult for him to do his job, when his budget consists of 3 buttons and a curly wurly.

That’s on Venky’s. There are always reasons why they can’t do things, instead of why they can do things. It’s an embarrassing and pathetic way to run a football club. When the primary concern isn’t winning football matches, the club becomes a little bit pointless tbh.

when we were seriously skint pre jack we did`nt have any problems signing players on a really tight budget,probably because we had competent people around the club and various contacts around the britain and ireland,strikes me that broughton and kimberley (the apparent head of recruitement) are either completely useless,out of their depth or just here for the wages,take your pick but to me both of them don`t serve any purpose

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whilst GB has obviously signed some shite and that’s on him, it must be difficult for him to do his job properly and sign good players, when his budget consists of 3 buttons and a curly wurly.

(This obviously doesn’t absolve him of blame and he got us a keeper that costs us goals and strikers that don’t score any, hardly any wonder we’re struggling, is it?)

Surely he can do better than Ennis/Hirst/ Telalovic and Wahlstedt though regardless of budget?

And I'm sorry, imo there's NO excuse whatsoever for signing Ennis who isn't even fit enough for professional football. That would tend to indicate we don't do any due diligence or research into our signings

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Have we signed that monkey?

It would be a nice change from yet another donkey.

It’s not often do I do this - but I’ve received so many reports I feel I have to.

This post has resulted in moderation action. I have chosen not to hide any of the posts. 

There is an explanation further in the thread of what the poster meant. ARA is a long term poster and has a very good record here for not breaking forum rules. As Admin I have reviewed this and decided he has enough credit in the bank to avoid anything long term and I’m putting this down to an uncharacteristic misjudgement / poor metaphor.

As a reminder, BRFCS as an website does not literate racism in any form. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

when we were seriously skint pre jack we did`nt have any problems signing players on a really tight budget,probably because we had competent people around the club and various contacts around the britain and ireland,strikes me that broughton and kimberley (the apparent head of recruitement) are either completely useless,out of their depth or just here for the wages,take your pick but to me both of them don`t serve any purpose

Who exactly is this Kimberley of which you speak and where has she popped up from?

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s not often do I do this - but I’ve received so many reports I feel I have to.

This post has resulted in moderation action. I have chosen not to hide any of the posts. 

There is an explanation further in the thread of what the poster meant. ARA is a long term poster and has a very good record here for not breaking forum rules. As Admin I have reviewed this and decided he has enough credit in the bank to avoid anything long term and I’m putting this down to an uncharacteristic misjudgement. 

As a reminder, BRFCS as an website does not literate racism in any form. 

Blimey. I think you've got completely the wrong end of the stick there J*B.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Blimey. I think you've got completely the wrong end of the stick there J*B.

I think you’re probably right. And I’m happy to accept that, which is partly why I have left the posts unhidden so people can make their own judgement. It’s also why I’ve given the context of ARA being a long term poster with an exemplary record.

Sadly we live in a world where by not hiding the posts, someone can screenshot it and plaster it all over social media without context and it’s my name above the door.

I’ve had numerous reports from other members which mean I have to do something and this feels the most sensible thing I can do. 

2 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Look no further than Paul Mullin who I fear will have a field day against us in the cup. 

Depends wether Bennett has let him out his pocket after sat. Didn't have no impact on the game. Even own fans saying he's out of form