BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

Alex Scott was performing at a slightly higher level than Wharton and went for 25 million I think it was, I don’t believe 15 for Wharton is massively unreasonable, particularly as that 15 isn’t going to increase much anytime soon playing in a team that can’t win a game.

If there’s a decent sell on plus add ons I think it would be hard to turn down and if we can squeeze them up to 20 million then we’ll have no choice but to take it I feel.  

Quite a difference between 15 and 20 and an even bigger difference between 15 and a deal that's worth at least £20m now and which could eventually net us 30m plus if he does particularly well.

I just can't get my head round people saying 15 is reasonable.

I accept his value will plummet if we go down so that's a bit of a gamble  but ideally you'd be wanting him to stay until summer at least for footballing reasons if nothing else.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Roversider said:

Totally agree, hearing "Glad all over" gives me PTSD - I hate Palace.  Also it would be an awful move for Wharton - there are better Premiership clubs than that. 

There are better championship clubs than Palace. I also detest them. 

I look at this purely as Carter's replacement. The club have already had numerous inquiries about him and want the next one to fill his shoes if/when he leaves in the summer.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not even age that's the problem. For me if you're good enough you're old enough. However it seems pointless signing players that aren't good enough now and who are maybe ones for the future/maybe not when the first X1 appear to be hurtling towards relegation.

Well we all know who's responsible for that approach to transfers.

Sorry but at 15M i'd expect every club in the Prem pus the three money clubs in the championship to be after Adam. 

He should stay where he is unless he gets a club where his football will blossom . That's not going to happen at Palace.

The club will have a price they can't turn down but it sure as hell better not be as low as 15M

• Like 2

I'd rather see us build a squad around Wharton than sell him, but that's surely not happening.  A real shame to let an 18 year old go, who grew up with and loves the club when he's not asking to leave and is not yet performing at a level that keeping here would be doing his career a disservice.   No way can he be sold unless there is a commitment that the funds can and will be reinvested.  

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

I'd rather see us build a squad around Wharton than sell him, but that's surely not happening.  A real shame to let an 18 year old go, who grew up with and loves the club when he's not asking to leave and is not yet performing at a level that keeping here would be doing his career a disservice.   No way can he be sold unless there is a commitment that the funds can and will be reinvested.  

You can absolutely guarantee that will not happen.

He'll be sold for next to nothing and all the money will be pissed away paying off the losses incurred by the owners and the oxygen thieves they employ.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Alex Scott was performing at a slightly higher level than Wharton and went for 25 million I think it was, I don’t believe 15 for Wharton is massively unreasonable, particularly as that 15 isn’t going to increase much anytime soon playing in a team that can’t win a game.

If there’s a decent sell on plus add ons I think it would be hard to turn down and if we can squeeze them up to 20 million then we’ll have no choice but to take it I feel.  

£15m and then what? Window shuts in a week and there will be negotiations going on until then. It's the same old shite, just different people.

• Like 2

Shame Brighton aren’t in for him they have a great track record of bringing players on and selling them for massive fees , if you are going to include a sell on clause Brighton is the club to do it with . £15m does seem pretty low if we squeezed a few mor £m out of them and  a  good sell on clause and Say Rak Sakyi on loan with them covering all his wages I think I’d accept it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neal said:

I look at this purely as Carter's replacement. The club have already had numerous inquiries about him and want the next one to fill his shoes if/when he leaves in the summer.  

I am little puzzled by this Carter talk , personally I cannot see it ..

• Like 1

15m is way too low for Adam, and i'll be pissed if we even entertain it.

He's a very rare talent, the kind of which we may not produce for a very long time. We need to squeeze out every penny that we can.

I doubt he fancies a move to Palace for some reason, but if it turns out he actually does, i'd give them 2 options;

A - 20m with a 25% sell-on clause. Plus, Rak-Sakyi permanently (with a 25% sell-on clause to you).
or
B - 25m with a 30% sell-on clause.

We're in the driving seat for this one...

- He's Rovers born and bred, and is in no rush to leave.
- He has 4 years left on his contract.
- Young and English, with massive potential.
- He starts pretty much every match for the club he loves.
- There are many other clubs with their eyes on him.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2