BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alex Scott went from mid table championship club to Lower mid table PL club. Similar to this transfer. 

Maddison went from Norwich to Leicester for £20m back in 2018. 

No one wants to sell Wharton but that money if we sold for £25m and we reinvest half of it into 6 quality players who would improve the overall depth and quality of the squad would make us more competitive and better chance of promotion plus keep JDT here next season. 

Wharton won't wait for ages for promotion and he will want to be playing PL football as soon as possible. Ideally that would be with us. 

I do think he will stay here until the summer and either move to Newcastle or Man Utd. Dan Ashworth, Newcastle United DoF has scouted himself a few times so he clearly rated him

Alex Scott isn't good enough to lace Wharton's boots.

One will play for England one won't 

• Like 3

Its a big and potentially biased statement that. Scott won young player of the season, Wharton has shown his class but hes not been consistently great I wouldnt say this season. Scott meanwhile since his injury has shown his quality in glimpses at Premier League level. Scott is certainly ahead of Wharton now, both are excellent talents and have the potential to play for England but theres a hell of a long way to go until they do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a big and potentially biased statement that. Scott won young player of the season, Wharton has shown his class but hes not been consistently great I wouldnt say this season. Scott meanwhile since his injury has shown his quality in glimpses at Premier League level. Scott is certainly ahead of Wharton now, both are excellent talents and have the potential to play for England but theres a hell of a long way to go until they do.

Wharton is incredible, he makes seasoned pros look like amateurs.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying Ennis deal to Bolton is more than likely off as we are asking for £500k loan fee

Sounds like bullshit to me. No way we are asking for 500k to loan an injury prone non-scoring striker to a League One side for 6 months.

A chunk less than that and with the figure including his wage contributions and maybe I could buy it, but we'd still be asking too much for them to reasonably pay it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wharton is incredible, he makes seasoned pros look like amateurs.

He is a fantastic talent, but so is Alex Scott. Plus he has proved it more consistently than Wharton has at this level and has also shown competence at Premier League level.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Also, half of 25 million is 12.5 million. That’s 2 million per player. If we pay them 10 grand a week for 3 years that’s 1.5 million each. Leaves an average of half a million in transfer fees. 

The wage bill will be restore to previous season and Gallagher, Ennis and Markanday will be off the wage bill. I not over complicated it all discussing the wage bill and I let that for people who do it for professional job like GB. What I have suggested is what Norwich did under Webber and it works for them

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

me thinks nixon is full of the brown stuff

It was nixon who broke the Ennis to Bolton story 

And the palace bid for Wharton

And pretty sure he was the first with O' Riordan (I might be wrong about that 1 but not the other 2)

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He also said we wanted Rajovic at Watford which his agent promptly rubbished.

Lets not stop the Nixon love in though.

It isn't a love in.

He gets plenty right .Proven every summer that he does.Like the stuff I just mentioned above.

If you don't want to believe him fine.But it's pathetic that every time someone mentions something from him ,have to listen to you with your pathetic "Nixon love in"

You don't believe him, then just scroll past people it ,rather than the pathetic comments.

Anyway you must be getting over shock... earlier in the season when Chaddy suggested selling Gallagher in January you said " absolutely no chance someone will pay a fee for Gallagher"

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It isn't a love in.

He gets plenty right .Proven every summer that he does.Like the stuff I just mentioned above.

If you don't want to believe him fine.But it's pathetic that every time someone mentions something from him ,have to listen to you with your pathetic "Nixon love in"

You don't believe him, then just scroll past people it ,rather than the pathetic comments.

Anyway you must be getting over shock... earlier in the season when Chaddy suggested selling Gallagher in January you said " absolutely no chance someone will pay a fee for Gallagher"

Has anyone paid a fee for Gally ?

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Has anyone paid a fee for Gally ?

No but someone has bid money Rigger which Roversfan laughed at Chaddy for suggesting it.

So if someone puts a cash bid in quite clearly there is someone willing to pay cash for him this January.

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

nixon puts so many ****shit stories out that eventually a few of them come true,if you throw a thousand darts.a few of them will hit the treble twenty

Nixon saying Rovers asking for the fee now or further down the line so looks like they are trying to move him on completely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

£500k loan fee for Ennis
If any proof was required that Mr Nixon was clueless….

Well he quite clearly isn't clueless is he?

Who was the first to report the Wharton bid?

Who was the first to say we were signing Ennis?

Who was the first to say we wanted 0'Riordan?

Clueless to me is someone who never gets anything right.Plenty of evidence Nixon does.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2