BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

If I’m Gregg I don’t come into public unless I’m announcing 2 or 3 permanent signings. Can’t show your face selling Wharton and loaning more players. Spend the frecken funds before it’s reported to India as a done deal. 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Pretty sure (with zero research) that the "shirt retiring" joke is directly linked to the fact that Birmingham City actually did/have retired Jude Bellingham's.

For that club it seems appropriate 

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with the wharton money id`e like us to go all for out for the aberdeen lad miovski,top player in a side that he`s far to good for,we`ll double our money as well,he`s definately going to play at a higher level than where we are

Would be a cracker, heavily linked with Celtic. If we moved, you know they would blow us out the water immediately. 

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with the wharton money id`e like us to go all for out for the aberdeen lad miovski,top player in a side that he`s far to good for,we`ll double our money as well,he`s definately going to play at a higher level than where we are

I agree, would be a good signing. Celtic allegedly interested in him too though, guessing he may end up there.   

Just now, Neal said:

Would be a cracker, heavily linked with Celtic. If we moved, you know they would blow us out the water immediately. 

strike while the irons hot,show some ambition,there is 18 million quid in the kitty!!!!!!!!!!then i woke up and realised venkys,swag and broughton are manning the oars and we are going round in circles😁

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

He's also been instrumental in tying players down to new, longer extended contracts & making sure assets don't walk for free unless it's on our terms.

Sounds basic, but it's what didn't happen under Mowbray & Venus and is a big part of why GB & JDT haven't had more than two pennies to rub together on transfers.

It's also a big reason behind us being able to command a record fee for AW.

Yes a good shout and I should have added that too 👍

• Like 1

I've not seen it mentioned here (probably was) but Chelsea were reported just yesterday as being willing to battle Palace for Wharton. Medical or no, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea gazump them at the last minute with a bigger offer (assuming Adam is interested in warming their bench for more money). Would we be more likely to get a loan-back clause with them?

• Like 1

Has anyone got any confidence in Broughton to get any quality signings over the line? 

With Travis and Wharton out the door surely we aren’t going to scrape through the season, that could be painful! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've not seen it mentioned here (probably was) but Chelsea were reported just yesterday as being willing to battle Palace for Wharton. Medical or no, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea gazump them at the last minute with a bigger offer (assuming Adam is interested in warming their bench for more money). Would we be more likely to get a loan-back clause with them?

If any truth to that rumour presumably Chelsea were looking if they got a suitable off for Gallagher 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If any truth to that rumour presumably Chelsea were looking if they got a suitable off for Gallagher 

Just read one of the articles about the rumour, which said they'd let us loan him back til the summer. Which suggests they're not looking as a replacement for Gallagher.

57 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Can we even physically make payments to Russian clubs? I thought that was the whole point of him having been on loan for the past two seasons? 

He could "pause" (not the best term as the end date of his contract didn't change, just the enforcement of any terms that were paused) his contract with his Russian club (hence the prior loan moves), and once he got into the last 6 months of that contract, like any player he was free to negotiate a Bosman free. 

As his contract was paused (so in legality no longer existed), he then moved 6 months earlier to Rovers on a permanent deal for free 

• Like 2

Just now, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Never mind the barrel, we've hit the floor underneath 

lets get faz and keeley back and i saw colin hendry in asda last week,maybe we can do a deal with the moorgate ,plenty of experience there and all three are likely as quick as mcfadzean,even at their advanced age