BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Makes a lot of sense really, why sign a few experienced players when you can sign one 48 year old and do it all in one go 

Mind you, I'll always remember the contribution of Kevin Moran. Aged 37 and couldn't even train between games but what a player!

So you never know I suppose.....

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Apart from JDT saying that he was "one of the more expensive lads"

If it was just about being desperate to save money, would they not have taken £2 million for Gallagher, and saved the biggest wage packet at the club? 

The figures just don't seem plausible. 

1 minute ago, M_B said:

If it was just about being desperate to save money, would they not have taken £2 million for Gallagher, and saved the biggest wage packet at the club? 

It could still happen, but with him being the only (proper) senior striker at the club, they'll want someone else through the door first. I'll be surprised if he doesn't go purely based on his wages but perhaps the Wharton sale will mean we keep him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Torgeir said:

With a win we're eight points behind Coventry with 51 points still to be played for. Can't rule out anything both ways, but going all out now doesn't make sense, I agree. 

Selling Adam on the final day doesn't make sense either, don't understand why we're rushing the deal with him being on a long contract and with the money not going to be spent now anyway.

To keep the Club going?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

He rates Gallagher but he'd replaced Trav with Trons and they obviously decided on balance they didn't want a squad man on decent money.

So it comes back down to cost cutting as Travis could serve the squad in other positions, provide cover and was a useful sub. If every player who sulked, fell out with the boss, got dropped was bombed out there'd be no one left.

I'd stake my arse if he was on 3 grand a week he'd have been told to button it and get on with it because he was a handy experienced guy to keep about.

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can you imagine the panic in the corridors of power at Ewood/Pune if Palace tried to do the same to us with Wharton?

To quote Kevin Keegan "I'd luv it, absolutely luv it" if the deal fell through.

But not if we were so desperate we accepted an even lower fee.

Which we would!

McFadzean hasn't played since October but was a rock against us in their 1-0 win at home. Think he's here to help with three defenders out injured notably Carter.

Surely a cheap option with a point to prove.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, booth said:

It could still happen, but with him being the only (proper) senior striker at the club, they'll want someone else through the door first. I'll be surprised if he doesn't go purely based on his wages but perhaps the Wharton sale will mean we keep him.

Rovers best option would be to extend his contract, we'd be very lucky to sign someone anywhere near to Gallagher's importance to the team for £2 million. 

The new forward may want paying as well. 

1 hour ago, rover23 said:

The bloke is an absolute clown. 

Nothing better to do than make up things and then come up with excuses as to why he got them wrong. Usually ‘things have changed’ etc. 

Seems those tweets have now mysteriously disappeared ! Funny that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Hahahahaha couldn’t make this up, so we are again going down the line of we tried late on to get a deal done but something came up and it didn’t come into fruition. F o rovers hierarchy, think we are all mugs 

Is this in response to nathan jones tweet? 

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

Rovers best option would be to extend his contract, we'd be very lucky to sign someone anywhere near to Gallagher's importance to the team for £2 million. 

The new forward may want paying as well. 

This massively depends on how important you think he is to the team.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

Well Gregg if your reading this thread all I ask for is one thing. Please do not take the player/players out for a slap up meal until it's confirmed by the authorities! Not much to ask

Aye, they can eat after signing the contract! Take them Maccies afterwards or sommet.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2