BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

16 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I rarely post on these type of threads as nothing is true.... Just a load of men women gossiping and getting themselves in a lather. 

Why not wait until 11pm tomorrow? I know it will be the usual shit show but hey ho! This is brfc. 

You can’t blame people for obviously worrying WTF is going on 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

If anyone thinks we have pulled out of the McGuire deal because we have someone better lined up is absolutely kidding themselves. 

We will have pulled out of the deal because Venkys will have told GB he has no money to spend, even though we're selling Wharton to Palace. 

Everyone should have seen this coming. "We let Adam go and tried to get some bodies through the door but deals couldn't be done in time before the window closed"

Money will vanish into a blackhole come the summer and we're back to scrounging for loans and freebies.

The club is an absolute shambles.

Or the Wharton deal isn't going through? I can always hope!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the 2 cases may have been different, there was clearly some sort of collective cock up last year. But this one seems more cut and dry. Theres no logical reason to blame Broughton if the deal was agreed and then Venkys have vetoed the deal.

Very fair if that's what happened.

I still can't see though why they'd agree to the second deal then pull the plug.

They'd just not agree to it in the first place.

Unless they've had some truly catastrophic financial news between giving the deal the go ahead and this occurring.

None of this situation at all makes sense? Everyone at the club knew the state of the financial situation before they sold Adam Wharton so surely they would know what if any money was available? Now I absolutely agree with most people on here that venkys would take the money and not reinvest but surely that would have been made very clear? Somebody must have said you can have x amount to spend or else why waste the time negotiating with club and player?

if the financial situation is that dire and the club needs to sell Wharton to keep the lights on why are we bothering to negotiate fees?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

To be fair I would take Wharton staying over any incomings now 100%!

Any news on McGuire’s mum’s Instagram activity? I’ve been watching videos of him this evening and was excited about capturing him 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very fair if that's what happened.

I still can't see though why they'd agree to the second deal then pull the plug.

They'd just not agree to it in the first place.

Unless they've had some truly catastrophic financial news between giving the deal the go ahead and this occurring.

Rev, I know for a fact that you’ve been paying attention for the past 13 years. What within that time has made you think that the owners would behave in anything close to a rational manner?

They are anti-talent. They are to talent as anti-matter is to matter. The inverse of it. Rich through the good fortune of being born to a talented father, enabled by a legion of yes-men minions and with ideas so far above their station it beggars belief.

We are collectively supporting an entity which was passed from one set of untalented trust fund kids to another, with the first bunch bitter and vindictive that their patriarch cared for his town and football club a little too much for their liking and the second so deluded by their inherited wealth that they were planning to make us Champions League competitors with £5million of “player leases.”

The operation at the club is below par, but the idea that the owners aren’t capable of this level of idiocy doesn’t wash. Its modus operandi for them.

• Like 4

Wharton will be going ahead I'm sure of it: there'd be rumbling on t'internet by now.

I fear the reason for the latest farce is far more mundane: the fourth quarter 2023 leccy bill landed on Steve's desk this morning

This is not posted in jest

• Like 4

Its funny how another article is saying we've hijacked Orlando's bid for that viking defender, seemingly their bid using the money we were paying them for their striker. Creative perhaps

Not expecting a happy ending here regardless.. this mcguires in his off season and would need to adjust, so wouldnt hit ground running anyway?

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, LA Rover said:

Not going to the QPR game is a better way to tell them how you feel. 

Shouting ‘We want Venkys Out’ from my settee?

5 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Rev, I know for a fact that you’ve been paying attention for the past 13 years. What within that time has made you think that the owners would behave in anything close to a rational manner?

They are anti-talent. They are to talent as anti-matter is to matter. The inverse of it. Rich through the good fortune of being born to a talented father, enabled by a legion of yes-men minions and with ideas so far above their station it beggars belief.

We are collectively supporting an entity which was passed from one set of untalented trust fund kids to another, with the first bunch bitter and vindictive that their patriarch cared for his town and football club a little too much for their liking and the second so deluded by their inherited wealth that they were planning to make us Champions League competitors with £5million of “player leases.”

The operation at the club is below par, but the idea that the owners aren’t capable of this level of idiocy doesn’t wash. Its modus operandi for them.

Good post. I agree with just about everything you' very written above but I still struggle with the notion that they would sanction deals then pull out of them.

The only thing I can put it down to is receiving some grim financial news between then and now on a rather larger scale to jim jesting about the leccy bill landing on Steve's desk.

Or Adam's coming home but that would be something good happening and that hasn't happened to us poor sods much in the last 13-14 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Shouting ‘We want Venkys Out’ from my settee?

Pretty sure they know what the supporters think of them by now. They haven't set foot in the ground in a decade. Why give them your money?

At this point you can't convince me that this all hasn't been some elaborate money laundering scheme that's yet to come to light. There's no plausible explanation why they continue to hold on to the club. 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good post. I agree with just about everything you' very written above but I still struggle with the notion that they would sanction deals then pull out of them.

The only thing I can put it down to is receiving some grim financial news between then and now on a rather larger scale to jim jesting about the leccy bill landing on Steve's desk.

Or Adam's coming home but that would be something good happening and that hasn't happened to us poor sods much in the last 13-14 years

Unfortunately - and understandably - you’re making the mistake of thinking about this logically.

We’re talking about the whims of three fickle, petulant, competitive trust fund kids playing at running a multinational business. They’re billionaires currently on the hook for a £5m house purchase that wasn’t properly accounted for. Billionaires don’t get in trouble over £5m, morons do.

• Like 1

Unless a better striker than Mcguire (sorry Mcguire's mum) comes in later today and we have a good day as well in addition to that you'd imagine any innocent party in this would be walking out before the next game.

My twopenneth (if anyone) would be on JDT only.

• Like 1

This embarrassing shitshow could be a Waggott/Suhail plan to mess with Orlando and try and get a better deal. Sounds ridiculous but we are a ridiculously run club. 

However this plays out. It's totally unfair to McGuire and no one will want to deal with us in the future.

My bet is Broughton has been working hard on deals in the belief he'd see some of the Wharton money and its been pulled at last minute. In reality the Vs had no intention of letting him spend it and some elaborate excuse will be made up.

• Like 2