BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 hours ago, Inferi said:

Maybe Venkys are trying to make sure that the Wharton transfer gets done as late as possible  so that they can trick some stupid happy clappers that they tried to strengthen the team but unfortunately there wasn't enough time. The money will of course not be available in the summer.

Same every time.

Last year it was that stupid bullshit appeal that they wasted everyone's time and money with.

Whatever it takes to deflect the attention away from themselves.

• Like 1

Not really the news I wanted to wake up to, although it's not even slightly surprising. 

A lot of our fans were reluctantly 'accepting' the Wharton sale if it meant we spent even a bit of it. Of course we all had our doubts it would be.

IF that's true about us pulling the plug on McGuire whilst he was mid flight then its utterly disgusting on the back of the O'brien saga too, you'd be off your heads dealing with us after it, talk about career wreckers.

There's a massive game on Saturday which now looks like it'll be overshadowed by matters off the pitch. Not exactly ideal preparation is it, that's if JDT can even be bothered. I'd understand if his resignation of on Waggotts desk tomorrow.

• Like 1

Finished work yesterday and saw we had the McFadzean signing and linked to many players, Thought a busy end to window, But after seeing the article, cant help thinking that a 36 year old Defender on a short term deal might be the only incoming, then the excuses will start to roll, Dont know why im suprised just hope that before 11pm we get a few over the line or like mentioned on here already i can see JDT going

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

So now the American lad deal is back on according to some reports.

Rovers relaying a blip in the Adam deal (before it was resolved and the deal completed) to keep Orlando in the loop became blown up as a total breakdown according to the same reports.

Hoping this is correct for many reasons, where have you seen the reports?

• Like 1

Just now, Moptop1 said:

Would you want to come to Rovers, if originally being treated like this?

Bad smells always seem to follow Venkeys when connected with us.

They can’t get anything right and just drag our name through mud all the time.

I wish they would just F️k off. They are an embarrassment to us.

In fairness, in that scenario DM hasn’t been treated badly, it’s been miscommunication in the media…

The only way I can see this being a miscommunication is if the Wharton transfer took longer than anticipated to complete and we told Orlando we couldnt complete the transfer at that time. However what is more concerning is the report that all transfers with fees are off, particularly as the Wharton transfer seems complete. What a sh*t show. If Venkys have changed it so we can't spend any of the Wharton funds, theres no model to work with. 

Hope for the player's sake a transfer is completed, be it with us or another championship club, and Orlando get what was agreed with us. 

• Like 2

I'll be paying close attention today and not taking anything for granted until I see an official announcement.

With that said I was worried coming into the January window and if we don't see any positive news today it's even worse than I thought possible. 

• Like 2

I'm so so embarrassed - To the point that i don't even want to listen to JDT's next press conference. The awkward questions coming his way about transfer will be unbearable to listen to.

There i was, last night, half looking forward to today as it looked like we were making a money signing, with possibly another incoming. I personally don't think Mcguire was the answer just with how limited he looked but obviously that's not the point...The poor lad broke a sweat to jump on a plane to further his career in English football. He's probably dreamt about it, we were the stepping stone for him to POSSIBLY get to the prem....We've, astonishingly,  repeated our actions from last year which is unacceptable beyond belief - Especially when we've just sold our biggest asset.

I'm not even sure what's going to happen today and I've bloody booked it off work!

Suhail & Waggott have you no shame!?

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Would you want to come to Rovers, if originally being treated like this?

Bad smells always seem to follow Venkeys when connected with us.

They can’t get anything right and just drag our name through mud all the time.

I wish they would just F️k off. They are an embarrassment to us.

All depends on what the truth is - if he and his agent have known all along the deal relied on selling  Wharton, and we have just kept them in the loop - not ideal, but understandable. However if some of the more worrying reports are true about Venkys pulling all deals - I wouldn't blame any player for not joining is - or for that matter wanting to stay. It is going to be an interesting day (let's hope for the right reasons)

• Like 3

Never been more down on the club than this moment. Worse than relegation to league 1. Hope the next 15 hours or so can change things but at the current moment I’m left questioning why I even support the club and why I’m letting my son a follow as a supporter. Certainly not the club i fell in love with in the 90s 

• Like 1

We are all still in shock of last night's news but let's not jump the gun. We all know information has been kept tight within the hierarchy as of late. I just don't see how someone from the club would release that info that all funds have been suspended. I think someone has used the Indian court fiasco and tried making a story out of it. Probably a misunderstanding in communication between clubs on Maguire. Let's see what today brings

For all we know the suspended incoming actions could just be that the owners have gone to sleep and won't be sanctioning anything until the next day 😂

I woke up in a positive mood. I think we'll bring in 2-3 players today. 

Or maybe it's the antibiotics I'm on that's making me talk rubbish 😂

Until McGuire signs for Sheff Wed we shouldn't jump the gun either way. Transfers break down all the time in football, or there are bumps in the road, but Egg knows he has to deliver some incomings if they let our crown jewel go. 

As for transfers not breaking down the other way, they definitely do. Ennis to Bolton the most recent one.

26 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

My understanding is that Rovers were working on several transfers yesterday including Mcguire, Brekalo, Ackerman which relied on the Wharton money.

Late last night the venkys (through suhail) suspended all incoming transfer deals. I don't know whether this is down to a delay with palace on wharton or something deeper. GB and JDT must be absolutely fuming. Sheff Wednesday wasted no time in jumping back into the race.

No idea where we go from here. Clubs in chaos.

Just when we thought the Lewis O'Brien fiasco could never be beaten

• Like 2

I live in hope that it’s all a plan. Delay the McGuire deal and funds to Orlando so they can’t sign Brekalo in time and Viking are forced to accept our loan deal with option to buy in the summer.

When Chaddy criticises the club you know they have got something badly wrong.

We have to hope that it is all down to a miscommunication as clearly any incoming would depend on Wharton going. If that deal hasn’t happened then we have to hope that Maguire’s representatives have been informed of that and they’ve potentially used it to secure a back up plan should the Wharton money not be forthcoming, 

I do wonder if there is anything in the moving of the court case to March. Would it be harder to argue that we need £11m to keep the lights on if we’d just spent £3m or so on a new signing. Could there be concerns that they will not be able to argue their case on that basis.

If it is the worse case scenario then you have to expect GB and JDT to walk. Neither can do their job on this basis. 

• Like 1

Until yesterday transfer targets and any information has been tight lipped. Just don't see how info as big as that has been leaked to the press. It was late in the evening so only the hierarchy would of been around the club. 

Edited by Rover8T4