BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Although we won't be getting £18m up front for Wharton, the fact we have only spent around £500,000 on ,McGuires loan deal, means that we are being taken for idiots by the people in charge. It's a fucking disgrace tbh

• Like 2

Thirteen years of shit, the club is a smoking hulk, We've let our best talent walk when they didn't want to go and were using the money to pay off the bills run up by brain-dead half wits.

But we've signed a player on loan so we must be happy. Happy. Happy. Happy.

I9o6.gif

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

If it's a loan with option to buy then it still ties in with the info that we have zero money to spend on permanent fees. For whatever reason it's alright to spend £500k on a loan fee for four months though 🤷‍♂️ if we assume the ITK tidbits to be more or less accurate then we basically cancelled the permanent deal last night, renegotiated this morning for a loan-to-buy which Orlando accepted on the basis £500k over 4 months is a decent enough deal, and if we make it permanent (we won't, but if) then they get more than they would have initially. One would surmise from this that they are quite desperate to get McGuire off their books to do other business, otherwise they would have just said "lol, no thanks" and if no better offer was forthcoming asked him to return. 

He made $67,000 last year and is slated to be their starting number 9. Can’t imagine theyre in any rush to get him off the books. Rather the mls season starts in a month so they miss him for 3 months and get him experience and pocket $750,000 in the process 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 1

I feel a bit embarrassed to be marginally positive on here, but if all reported incomings arrive, it will feel a lot better than it did this lunchtime....

I happen to rate Andy Bayes's journalism, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

I know its a low bar to improve on last Jan, and I am totally critical of Broughton's performance since he arrived, but I'll retain a smidgen of optimism, at least until 11.

None of these signings will work until Buckley returns, however. We need creativity in midfield. AW hasn't sparkled recently, but we'll notice his absence against better teams. 

As I say, fingers crossed, and bitten...

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Rak-Sakyi is becoming the new Luca Toni. I think that's three windows now he's been speculated as a potential incoming. 

Funny you mention him. Just seen him having a medical at Brockhall (Toni that is, not a young attacker). 

More seriously if we sign McGuire and the Liverpool defender, surely we can rule out further loans due to match day squad limits.

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We've missed an opportunity there, I feel. He was one of the better loan signings we were linked with. Though not sure whether that was just paper talk or not.

Ideally, we should have been asking about this lad and Rak-Sakyi when dealing with Palace for Wharton. Either one would have been fine as they both bring something that we don't have in the wide areas.

Instead of pissing about with young defenders, we need to find some pace out wide.

Ebiowie would have been a decent loan has experience playing RB, Rwb, RF

Instead we get a freebie from Liverpool 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

If it's a loan with option to buy then it still ties in with the info that we have zero money to spend on permanent fees. For whatever reason it's alright to spend £500k on a loan fee for four months though

Yes, it's looking like when the original Mcguire deal collapsed last night it was because we put a ban on any permanent deals but not loan business.

Therefore we had to renegotiate a (much) worse deal for Mcguire to capture him on loan.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

He made $67,000 last year and is slated to be their starting number 9. Can’t imagine theyre in any rush to get him off the books. Rather the mls season starts in a month so they miss him for 3 months and get him experience and pocket $750,000 in the process 

From what we were hearing yesterday they were relying on his departure to bring in some other fella, but maybe $700k and his wages off the books is enough for them to get that deal done and then revisit selling him in the summer assuming we don't make the deal permanent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, it's looking like when the original Mcguire deal collapsed last night it was because we put a ban on any permanent deals but not loan business.

Therefore we had to renegotiate a (much) worse deal for Mcguire to capture him on loan.

By "we" I assume you mean Venkys?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Chrisene

Pickering is out for four to five weeks and Brittain is out for about a month, so Chrisene is first choice atm. Makes sense with a cheap cover on loan if he doesn't trust Batty. 

Feel for GB, clearly being told to cut the wage bill but by some miracle try and improve the squad. This cannot carry on forever. The signings generally look like an attempt to increase the physicality of the side. O’Riordan, Koumetio, McFadzean and McGuire all big lads. I’m sure we will now play 3 centre halves and look to be more solid. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Gally, McGuire and Szmodics all in the team as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

What I've learned most this transfer window is how awful Sky Sports News is these days. 

First time i've watched it in a few years. What on earth has happened?! No hanging outside of training grounds talking to people in their cars, no shouting fans behind the reporters, and no dildos on screen....well, except Jamie O'Hara.

No stroke boy ...just a box ticker

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Oh shit 😱😱 what could possibly go wrong ?

Screenshot_20240201-173418.png

Sounds like O'Brien part 2. I guess we'll see if anyone at Rovers learned anything from last year.