BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Has anyone else picked up on how responsive Nixon is being on Twitter to those who are suggesting that the cock-ups were intentional?

Seems unlike him to repeat himself so much, I also don't recall a time where he's defended the Club this much...

Something's telling me that he's been slipped a few quid to dismiss the theories and try to keep the peace a little.

Or its the person who fucked up, is the dude  he gets his Inside info from.

Can't be seen not to stick up for his mate. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

In fairness I heard similar, none ops staff more finance related 

I heard Mike Cheston and Ashfaq Hassan have both left. Not sure under what circumstance and for legal reasons I must stress that is not confirmed and doesn’t necessarily mean it’s connected. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I really don't understand how GB wasn't stood over the shoulder of the person submitting the paperwork, waiting for the confirmation back from the EFL. Especially after last year! That's how it works with big deals in proper companies.

(Good to be back on the forum, been a while...)

Maybe the person ‘submitting’ the paperwork was more senior than GB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I heard Mike Cheston and Ashfaq Hassan have both left. Not sure under what circumstance and for legal reasons I must stress that is not confirmed and doesn’t necessarily mean it’s connected. 

If it is a Cheston, how long do they have to update with Companies House?

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I bet Cheston probably volunteered to be the sacrificial sacking. Not far from retirement, probably got a massive payout and will be nowhere near the club when it goes into admin. Very convenient.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I really don't understand how GB wasn't stood over the shoulder of the person submitting the paperwork, waiting for the confirmation back from the EFL. Especially after last year! That's how it works with big deals in proper companies.

(Good to be back on the forum, been a while...)

We still had our other business to get done aswell

Like how late in the day did Fleck sign?

He can't be everywhere at once ,with respect at other clubs I doubt very much the dof, sporting director etc has to stand over and watch that everything is submitted correctly 

If it was the case that everything was correct regarding the paperwork with McGuire and it was just a case of the paperwork not being submitted then I personally do not hold Broughton responsible for that

It's deadline day we had other deals to get done 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

who is ashfag hassan???never heard of him and not sure what cheston has to do with signing player registrations,he`s the finance controller(though he takes his orders from venkys and therefore it`s a pointless role)

14 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If we only took over his Orlando wages there won’t be any loss of earnings.

Aye, if only he could make an argument we fraudulently mis-sold him A deal that would benefit him Which resulted in him turning down Sheff We’d. It won’t happen but I can dream. I really feel for the lad, aside from everything we’ve treated him appallingly and potentially had a career defining impact on him. It’s ethically deplorable, genuinely ashamed of the club 

• Like 5

What is abundantly clear is that the Venky stooges and employees at Ewood and Brockhall will go to great lengths to cover up the shenanigans of their bosses and to shield them from any criticism or responsibility. 

What we never, ever get is a story that our failings and ineptitude are a direct result of ownership decisions, incompetence, delay, cost cuts.

They want us to believe that poor Venkys are blameless. They really care and try their very best but are let down by issues down the chain. Inept employees, bad advice, nasty authorities, Football League, you name it they've played the lot over the last decade. 

Sadly swathes of the fanbase have lapped up those excuses and stories, accepted them and convinced themselves that they are correct, and even insisted to others that they are and accused those who doubt the party line (me being one of them) of being negative, conspiracy theorists etc.

They are desperate down there to avoid the spotlight being shone on Pune. They will blame anyone and anything but the people in control. 

One reason I believe is that Venkys in their obnoxious arrogance think they are great and faultless and beyond criticism, and also assume that because they pay the bills this entitles them to do as they please without question. But they also want people to think they are wonderful and if the truth got out - that they can't cough up the cash because they aren't spending or that rather than being great, wonderful businessmen they are actually a group of idiots who happened to get lucky with their daddy's fortune, this might tarnish the image they have of themselves.

They'll have parasites like Pasha, Waggott, Kean brown nosing them telling them how great they are to stay on the gravy train. In return these cretins will come up with all sorts to keep the heat off the Indians and keep them happy.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Aye, if only he could make an argument we fraudulently mis-sold him A deal that would benefit him Which resulted in him turning down Sheff We’d. It won’t happen but I can dream. I really feel for the lad, aside from everything we’ve treated him appallingly and potentially had a career defining impact on him. It’s ethically deplorable, genuinely ashamed of the club 

thats three players we`ve messed around due to "administration errors" we are a toxic brand and players and agents won`t be working with us anymore,would you want your client treated like that

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

who is ashfag hassan???never heard of him and not sure what cheston has to do with signing player registrations,he`s the finance controller(though he takes his orders from venkys and therefore it`s a pointless role)

Come on, let's leave people's names out of it.

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We still had our other business to get done aswell

Like how late in the day did Fleck sign?

He can't be everywhere at once ,with respect at other clubs I doubt very much the dof, sporting director etc has to stand over and watch that everything is submitted correctly 

If it was the case that everything was correct regarding the paperwork with McGuire and it was just a case of the paperwork not being submitted then I personally do not hold Broughton responsible for that

It's deadline day we had other deals to get done 

He does have a big degree of responsibility. He took it last time and said processes will change to ensure it doesnt happen again. And it has. He is overlooking the whole recruitment side of things so he is responsible.

The whole "he cant be everywhere at once" line doesnt wash. He should be overlooking the whole process being especially thorough after last time.

Mind you, working under these owners moving the goalposts constantly (Athletic mentioned that we were in for Brekalo so I suspect Koumentio was a desperate last gasp alternative)  is obviously a difficult task. But he should be removed from his job. And wont be.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He does have a big degree of responsibility. He took it last time and said processes will change to ensure it doesnt happen again. And it has. He is overlooking the whole recruitment side of things so he is responsible.

The whole "he cant be everywhere at once" line doesnt wash. He should be overlooking the whole process being especially thorough after last time.

Mind you, working under these owners moving the goalposts constantly (Athletic mentioned that we were in for Brekalo so I suspect Koumentio was a desperate last gasp alternative)  is obviously a difficult task. But he should be removed from his job. And wont be.

Yeah but according to the athletic everything was correct with the paperwork it just wasn't sent off,someone clicked save instead of send

I don't agree that's Broughton's responsibility,we were trying to get other players in aswell.If the paperwork was checked over and it's true that someone clicked save instead of send then the blame lies elsewhere for me.

In saying that if I was Broughton I would leave of my own accord, budget slashed in summer and then being told you can't have any of the Wharton money after making bids for players earlier in the day.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Polky said:

It just gets more embarrassing as the days go on…

Nor sure I believe that if you were looking at screen you'd see it hadn't been sent. Sounds like someone trying to make theomission more understandable to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but according to the athletic everything was correct with the paperwork it just wasn't sent off,someone clicked save instead of send

I don't agree that's Broughton's responsibility,we were trying to get other players in aswell.If the paperwork was checked over and it's true that someone clicked save instead of send then the blame lies elsewhere for me.

Saved and hidden away never to be seen again.

Be interesting to know who clicked save.

Im sure a prompt comes up saying "are you sure you want to save changes"

• Like 1