BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

I think we will beat these 2-1. Garrett to score..

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

Really fear for us tomorrow.

Pochettino will see this as an opportunity for his team to score some goals, win convincingly, boost confidence and ease some pressure on himself.  No surprise he's fielding a strong team.

Our threadbare squad is now beyond breaking point and you can only look at fixtures against Norwich and Preston with a deep sense of foreboding.

We are in the mire and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise 

Is his team selection going to be stronger than Saturday team? No it's not. Nothing to fear there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we will beat these 2-1. Garrett to score..

Is his team selection going to be stronger than Saturday team? No it's not. Nothing to fear there. 

Sorry, this is insane whether or not you think we can get a result.

To say nothing to fear from a team that cost the guts of a billion to put together vs a team that likely will have cost sub 5m is foolhardy. 

They have wasted a lot of money but we would have something to fear from each and every established Premier League club, we got a great result against West Ham last season but they were heavy favourites and the team that takes the field tonight will be miles off last season's team through lost players and injuries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

To say nothing to fear from a team that cost the guts of a billion to put together vs a team that likely will have cost sub 5m is foolhardy. 

They have wasted a lot of money but we would have something to fear from each and every established Premier League club, we got a great result against West Ham last season but they were heavy favourites and the team that takes the field tonight will be miles off last season's team through lost players and injuries.

Without Gallagher playing,  do we have any possible line up which would have cost over £5 million?

12 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

To be fair, I've gone 1-2 on Super 6, can't go against the lads. 

50 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I dunno about it being miles off, the team against West Ham had Edun, Vale, Markanday and Mola all starting. Hirst came off the bench:

Screenshot_20231101_124030_BBC Sport.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

I don't think there is any coverage in the UK. It is being shown overseas, in several different countries, including Spain, where I will watch it from.

It's on in the USA so I'll be watching. 

I'd rather watch league games but I'll take what I can get.

I expect a loss but anything can happen. 

5 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

The omens aren't good. But feck it, JDT has performed miracles with the resources he has at his disposal. From time to time the wheels come off and the ride gets a bit bumpy, and there is no reason to expect anything other than being dumped out of the Carabao Cup by a side that on paper has to be regarded as favourites. But it is football, JDT is a miracle worker, and if the weather is unfavourable and a bit Northern, maybe the cossetted pooches of Stamford Bridge will be rogered senseless by the mongrel dawgs of Ewood Park.

Whatever, as long as we come home with some kind of belief in ourselves, it will be a result.

COYJDT BLUES!

Except we're not mongrel dogs anymore, - we're a classy bred but hopelessly underweight and incredibly young puppy.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Without Gallagher playing,  do we have any possible line up which would have cost over £5 million?

Depends what figures some of our signings really cost, but looks like it.

Brittain - I heard it was about 1 mill or just under.

Hyam - 1.5 mill (transfermarkt, converted from Euros)

Szmodics - heard everything from 1.8 mill to 3 mill (although best guess from what I've read is 1.8 up front, rising to 2.5 with add ons)

Wahlstedt - 700k (though transfermarkt gives a fee of 1 mill in Euros, or about 850k in quid)

Ignoring any possible loan fees, I think those are the only players who cost any money who could play without Gally fit. Well, there's Hedges (200k) and Pears (about 400k), but both are injured.

So anything from about just under 5 mill, to 6.5 mill, from those 4 players. Oh actually no, there's Markanday too, who I think was reported as about 500k. So yes, we could field one over 5 mill without Gally. Chelsea will have a ton of players who cost more individually than our entire squad (fit or unfit) though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

20231101_153857.jpg

Watch out for bed bugs down South mate. Worse than crabs, so I am told 😉

The whole of the sodding UK has been hollowed out whilst we all slept, IMO, all in the pursuit of profit for the few.

Rovers as a club has been hollowed out, with only a shell of the club we grew up with remaining.

Anyway, fair play to you Abbey for making the long pilgrimage to the land of 10x population density versus the north west. I do hope you get a good nights kip in your 'hotel' and that you come home with nothing more than a hoarse voice from singing the Bridge into submission, and a sore head from celebrating a great result for our beloved Rovers.

Good luck to you getting a decent pint for anything under a fiver 🙂

COYB!